Quarantine Movie Playlist

bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
Since a lot of people are going to be spending more time at home, what are some good quarantine/pandemic based movies to watch? I've been at a steady low panic the last few weeks (someone described it as feeling like your constantly 6 hours from going skydiving) and it's only ramping up and these movies are weirdly comforting. Most of what I've thought about are horror movies but any suggestions would be great. So far my list is:

• [Rec] - a Spanish found footage horror movie about recording what's happening inside a quarantined apartment building. They made an American version called Quarantine that isn't as good but if subtitles are a deal breaker for you then maybe it'd be worth a shot. There are a bunch of sequels and I remember Rec 2 being alright and then everything else being terrible but it's been forever since I've even thought about these movies.
  • 28 Days Later - Probably my favorite zombie movie. I liked 28 Weeks Later at the time too but I haven't watched it since it came out.
  • Contagion - I don't know if I've ever seen this one but people are talking about it now for obvious reasons
Marcialexander.klassen

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Outbreak.  It was filmed in Ferndale, up here in Humboldt County.  :)
    bizmarkiefaderShellyTulipblossom
  • The Last of Us cut scenes stitched together in movie format:

https://youtu.be/ZkLPKd-Vs8g
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Since a lot of people are going to be spending more time at home, what are some good quarantine/pandemic based movies to watch? I've been at a steady low panic the last few weeks (someone described it as feeling like your constantly 6 hours from going skydiving) and it's only ramping up and these movies are weirdly comforting. Most of what I've thought about are horror movies but any suggestions would be great. So far my list is:

• [Rec] - a Spanish found footage horror movie about recording what's happening inside a quarantined apartment building. They made an American version called Quarantine that isn't as good but if subtitles are a deal breaker for you then maybe it'd be worth a shot. There are a bunch of sequels and I remember Rec 2 being alright and then everything else being terrible but it's been forever since I've even thought about these movies.
    • 28 Days Later - Probably my favorite zombie movie. I liked 28 Weeks Later at the time too but I haven't watched it since it came out.
    • Contagion - I don't know if I've ever seen this one but people are talking about it now for obvious reasons
    Solid choices. [Rec] was a nice little jewel. 
    bizmarkiefader
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I watched Contagion the other night with my lady and it just made things a lot worse for her right after. She’s tends to be an anxious person so I don’t recommend it to anyone who is in a similar boat. She’s ok now, just a prisoner of the moment kind of situation.

That score though. It’s SO fucking good.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Noel said:
    I watched Contagion the other night with my lady and it just made things a lot worse for her right after. She’s tends to be an anxious person so I don’t recommend it to anyone who is in a similar boat.
     Gwyneth Paltrow will do that regardless of the situation,
    Noel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Cube

Moon

Bio-Dome 
    bizmarkiefaderalexander.klassen
  • MichelleMichelle California
    You could always watch the guys’ Sea of Thieves streams. Those two pirates probably *needed* to be quarantined after those drunken adventures! :sweat_smile:
    cdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    cdrive said:
    Cube

Moon

Bio-Dome 

Cube is definitely on my list. In my mind that movie is amazing but it's been so long since I've seen it, I wonder how it holds up.
    cdrive
  • 10 clover field lane is a good example of “social distancing” lmao. But it really is a great “end of times in a bunker” movie and one of my favorite John Goodman performances 
    alexander.klassen
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Watched the HBO movie from 1993 about the AIDS epidemic And The Band Played On today. Great movie. Made me nervous though. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Finally got to watching El Camino last night. I’m keeping my movie list to ones that I’ve been putting off for while and/or ones that BM has a review on.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Noel said:
    Finally got to watching El Camino last night. I’m keeping my movie list to ones that I’ve been putting off for while and/or ones that BM has a review on.
    what'd you think?
  • edited March 21
    Not a movie, but I've been playing Surviving Mars with the pandemic storyline turned on. You get to hear reports of a terrible disease spreading across Earth like wildfire while you build your utopian colony on the Red Planet, and watch your citizens thrive in the isolation of their biodomes.

EDIT: Just realized I was supposed to be growing special crops to send to Earth and cure the virus this whole time, but I just kept growing potatoes. Woops. I blame the Democrats.
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    what'd you think?
    I pretty much mirrored Jim and Aaron’s feelings. I don’t watch Better Call Saul, so I hadn’t been in this universe in a very long time and I was surprised at how much I missed everything. Aaron Paul was throwing some heat. I wish we got more of Skinny Pete and Badger though, I love their bromance so much.

I felt satisfied and a sense of closure.
    Chinaski