TV Shows You Started, But Never Finished

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
so what are some shows you started, but you never finished and why? was it just bad? did you lose interest? did your attention go to something else?

i gave up on Westworld S2 like 2 -3 episodes in (talk about a convoluted snooze fest). I also never finished Stranger Things S3. i mean, it was fine but it just didn't 'hook' me like the first 2 seasons. i guess i just found the kids as teenagers rather annoying.
Travis

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Westworld. S1 was okay but not nearly as clever as it thought it was, and those shows always get ruined by clever clogs on the internet “solving” the mysteries way ahead of time. 

I didn’t go back for the final seasons of Orphan Black or Bates Motel. Was just over them by the time the last seasons rolled around, and not interested enough in the stories to care what happened in the end. 

Bailed on OITNB after the season with the new guards, which I hated. 

Gave up in Brooklyn 99 after maybe 3 seasons because it was just repetitive. It’s a great show as far as diversity goes, but as a sitcom it’s just meh. 
    ken hale
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Stranger Things. I watched Season 1, honestly loved it, season 2 came and went, and I didn't care at all. I don't really know why to be honest. Haven't been back since.
    ken hale
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Manifest - I started it because it was similar to Lost in the basic plot (plane full of passengers mysteriously goes missing) but I stopped midway through the first season.  I don't remember why.  I probably was distracted by different/better shows though.

Devs - a bit *too* scifi/techy for me & a little hard to follow.

Locke & Key - seems a bit too Narnia, different than what I thought it'd be.

• Breaking bad. Hank was on the toilet and I never watched what happened next. I did read synopses and listen to the pod I think. Just lost interest during the break. 

I've been watching and enjoying Better Call Saul though
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Mad Men. Watched the first 4 episodes and just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I'm just over the "men are superior and treat women poorly" vibe. I know people love it and I may try again in the future, but I just couldn't do it.
  • Jeez, just thinking off the top of my head, I can think of five shows I’ve never went back to. Like above me, west world and stranger things, also rectify, sopranos, and deadwood. The only reason I didn’t finish was a lack of interesting material at the last episode I saw. 
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Countless shows. If I made a list, it wouldn't end. To start with, most shows BM is currently casting. I think I only haven't tried AHS. 
    ken hale
  • Dee said:
    Gave up in Brooklyn 99 after maybe 3 seasons because it was just repetitive. It’s a great show as far as diversity goes, but as a sitcom it’s just meh. 
    Is there a formal process to impeach a Bald Move moderator?

MurderbearDeeMattyWeaves
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited March 15
    Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black, Man in the High Castle, True Blood, Altered Carbon, Transparent, The Walking Dead, It's Always Sunny (now with FX on Hulu though I'm hoping to catch back up)
  • JaimieT said:
    Countless shows. If I made a list, it wouldn't end. To start with, most shows BM is currently casting. I think I only haven't tried AHS.
    I'm with you on having too many to even count, but since you mentioned AHS, that will be my entry.  I mostly liked the first season...it had a little mystery, some really spooky stuff, ok.  By the end of that season though, and I don't even remember why exactly, I was just kind of disgusted by that show.   I forget what turned me off to it so much but I literally kind of cringe at the mere thought of that show ever since, and that was like, damn, 8 or 9 years ago when I watched it?
    JaimieT
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    MrX said:
    Dee said:
    Is there a formal process to impeach a Bald Move moderator?

Everyone says I’m the best moderator ever. NO COLLUSION! FAKE NEWS! 
    ChinaskiMrXMurderbearhisdudeness915Michellegjames80
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Don’t kill me but Madmen and Deadwood. I just got tired of the male leads. 
    Deeken hale
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Expanse, peaky blinders, FTWD, TWD, modern family, bing bang, Simpson’s, South Park, fleabag, 
  • ShumShum Utah
    Madmen and Sopranos are the main ones I keep telling myself to go back to, and then I never do. I'm way too busy rewatching Buffy and Star Trek: TNG.
  • Let's see. Got to the second to last season of Stargate: Atlantis before realizing I didn't care about it anymore. Watched a season of Haven, a season of Orphan Black, and two seasons of Ripper Street because Game of Thrones alumni kept appearing on it. Lost interest in all of those. 

Also, like so many others back in the day, The X-Files after Duchovny left. I've watched part of the revival. I even plan to finish it one day.

Doctor Who during Matt Smith's run after Amy and Rory were done. Never watched the season of Torchwood set in the U.S.

And a couple of acclaimed sitcoms, The Office and Parks and Rec after about three seasons each. I don't watch too much comedy anymore. Never saw the last season of Arrested Development, either. 

Oh yeah, the two Walkings Dead. Got all the way to Alexandria. Probably could have seen that annoying kid eaten if I'd gone back. Watched the first season of Fear and actually liked it, but I don't think I'll ever feel the need to continue it.

This thread keeps reminding me of other shows, too! Got halfway through AHS: Roanoke. That's the last season I saw. 
  • True Blood when it believed that camp was too serious. Transparent when it became a musical. Latest season of Peaky Blinders because.....couldn’t tell you. FTWD
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    The Wire, in the middle of season 2. The dock worker and harbor patrol stuff was boring me. I know I need to go back and will, hard to find the time with all the current shows I am watching.;
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Insecure starring Issa Rae. First season was just funny enough to have me start season 2. But it went downhill fast and was easy to stop watching. 
  • Babylon 5

DS9

I never saw ALL of TNG.

I really want to finish B5 and DS9. 
  • TWD, Orphan Black, High Castle are the main ones. The last two, I just lost the plot and stopped caring. Always Sunny...loved S1, but I’m probably one of the few people that didn’t love Devito (S2). I stopped Community in the homestretch of S6, but forced myself to wrap it up. I am considering finishing The Outsider, but I felt like they did a bait and switch with Jason Bateman, so I checked out. And last season of the Terror. Tapped out after 4 episodes. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha TWD! i think that's a #1 seed if we did a 16 show tournament bracket on this topic!
    tpelzyken hale
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    edited March 17
    The Leftovers. Idk it's an amazing show and I only have like 3 episodes left. I missed it when it aired for some reason and I just never got around to it. 

Also House of Cards. Season 2 is one of my favorite seasons of any show period, but the writing really went down and then you know Kevin Spacey took the mask off lol. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    tpelzy said:
    The Leftovers. Idk it's an amazing show and I only have like 3 episodes left. I missed it when it aired for some reason and I just never got around to it.
    the fact that you went back, and you only have 3 eps left. you did good my friend, you did good. @Murderbear on line 3 that dipped in after the hype.

• MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    haha TWD! i think that's a #1 seed if we did a 16 show tournament bracket on this topic!
    I gave up on it as well this season.  So not into the whisperers storyline.
  • Six Feet Under. I liked it but stopped watching at some point. Whenever I tried to get back to it all the death of the week cold opens started to run together and I couldn't figure out where I stopped.

I'll have to start it over someday, but it's not really something I want to re-watch. Kind of a bummer.
    Travis
  • The Expanse.  Everyone raves, but it was just so boring and poorly acted to me.  Counterpart, which I stopped after S1 when it was cancelled.  No need to watch a cliffhanger in S2 that will never be resolved.  Of course TWD, which sucked from about the second season but I kept watching for my wife's sake.  I never watched S2 of Westworld, but I'm actually going to give that a whirl, despite all signs pointing to it not being good (I like to watch shows the BM guys podcast about). Currently, I bailed on Briarpatch after the first 2 episodes.  It just didn't hold my interest.  
    ken hale
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Six Feet Under. I liked it but stopped watching at some point. Whenever I tried to get back to it all the death of the week cold opens started to run together and I couldn't figure out where I stopped.

I'll have to start it over someday, but it's not really something I want to re-watch. Kind of a bummer.
    Ya know, that show is amazing. But it was more amazing before other great tv was around every corner. There is no doubt that the series finale is among the best (if not widely considered THE best), so it is worth watching the final season for that alone. I have showed it to people in recent years and, at least the early seasons, feel very dated. It starts to run out of steam in season 3 & 4, but manages to pull it all together for season 5. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I didn't hate any of these, I just kind of fell off the wagon at some point and never went back:

The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
    Better Call Saul
    American Horror Story
    The Handmaid's Tale