Top Chef Season 17 - All Stars - SPOILERS

MichelleMichelle California
edited March 20 in Other TV
...starts tonight!  Who's your fav?  I'm #teamredbeard all the way - Kevin Gillespie ftw!  Not only is he highly awarded and revered, he also beat renal cancer and is just a generally awesome guy. :star:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/03/top-chef-2020-cast-spoilers-contestants/

Chinaski

Comments

• I tried to watch David Chang's food show on Netflix, and watching people sharing food, and eating adventurously in India just isn't the same in a COVID world....
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Michelle said:
    ...starts tonight!  Who's your fav?  I'm #teamredbeard all the way - Kevin Gillespie ftw!  Not only is he highly awarded and revered, he also beat renal cancer and is just a generally awesome guy. :star:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/03/top-chef-2020-cast-spoilers-contestants/

i'm so in! i'm hoping for a Kevin and Lee Anne finale!
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    This is a great episode so far!  I'm kinda having fun seeing some of these chefs back on the show - Angelo, Gregory, and Joe Sasto especially.  :)
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    This is a great episode so far!  I'm kinda having fun seeing some of these chefs back on the show - Angelo, Gregory, and Joe Sasto especially.  :)
    i'm recording. plan to watch sooner than later. label it 'spoilers' so we can spoil haha.

Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    i'm recording. plan to watch sooner than later. label it 'spoilers' so we can spoil haha.

I forgot!  Thanks for the reminder!
    Chinaski
    Am I the only one who thinks Jen Carroll is overrated?  Her personality turns me off of liking her as a person and wanting to root for her. 
    Michelle said:
    Am I the only one who thinks Jen Carroll is overrated?  Her personality turns me off of liking her as a person and wanting to root for her. 
    starting now! never had a problem with Jen Carroll cause she always backed up her food, and said it like it was. curious to see how she has evolved since the LV season (which was my favorite season). that season was over 10 years ago which still blows my mind.
    Michelle
    ugh Nini. i forgot about her. and she's wearing a bolo tie. :|
    Michelle
    edited March 20
    Chinaski said:
    ugh Nini. i forgot about her. and she's wearing a bolo tie. :|
    Right?  I wonder if she’ll make it to Restaurant Wars this time. :neutral: 

It was a close call for team red beard! :grimace:  I thought it was going to be another RIchard Blais TOC moment!
    Chinaski
    for as much as i like Lee Anne, i thought she was gonna go home. she swung and missed during the quick fire and absolutely destroyed that fish in the actual competition.

side note on the judges. Marcus Samuelsson (and his oversized hats) and Nancy Silverton get to be judge on TC too?! lucky!
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    for as much as i like Lee Anne, i thought she was gonna go home. 
    Same! 
    edited March 27
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
    So happy for Kevin's win!  And you could see how much it meant to him.
    He has so much heart, and I love that he made his granny's apple butter and *won* with it.
    I wish I could try it!

At the same time, I'm so sad to see Angelo go.
    Time for LCK though!
    Chinaski
    i was happy about Kevin too, and agree 100% on how much it meant to him. he was genuinely grateful.

as far as who went home, i thought the girl (forget her name) that served bad Indian food to Padma was gonna pack her knives.

Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    i was happy about Kevin too, and agree 100% on how much it meant to him. he was genuinely grateful.

as far as who went home, i thought the girl (forget her name) that served bad Indian food to Padma was gonna pack her knives.

Stephanie!  Yes!  I totally thought she was going home!
    Chinaski
    i love that Gail Simmons is back this season!  she's just awesome <3
    MichelleTeresa from Concord
    Chinaski said:
    i love that Gail Simmons is back this season!  she's just awesome <3
    Yes!  It was kinda weird without her.