Yesterday

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
Has anyone else seen this movie? Yesterday(?)

The basic premise is that... a struggling musician wakes up one day and no one remembers the Beatles. In fact, despite his own memories, it seems like they never existed. So, he begins playing there songs as his own.

It’s a fun little story. I hope I’m not alone in Bald Move having enjoyed it.
Dee

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Yup. I don’t normally watch movies these days, and I’m not a Beatles fan, but I love Himesh Patel so I made the trek to the cinema just for him and I really enjoyed it. It wasn’t anything groundbreaking but it was cute and funny and had a lot of charm. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Richard Curtis and I are on a similar wavelength about what we find interesting in stories. I dug this one. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I thought it was fairly charming. Himesh was great in the starring role. I even kinda liked Ed Sheehan? I don't know much about him at all but he seems alright I guess.

I don't know if you want to open it up to spoilers but there was a certain scene towards the end of the movie. You know the one I'm talking about. How did everyone feel about that? I thought it was done pretty well but I don't know how necessary it really was. I mean, I get the point of it, you gotta get the main character back on track before the end of Act 3 but it walked a fine of line of being too much. I don't think it ever actually crossed that line though so I guess it's okay.
    JoshuaHeter
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    That scene was very Richard Curtis! And I love it. If you have an idea, really commit to it. 
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Also, I loved the dig that since The Beatles didn't exist, Oasis didn't exist.
    JoshuaHeterFlukes
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    It is definitely a cute, perfect to watch on a plane movie, which I did back in the good ole days.
    JoshuaHeter