30 Questions...

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited March 24 in General
Don’t normally do these things but I’m bored and a lot of you guys are pretty much friends of mine as I speak to you more than a lot of others. So for anyone who wants to take part and get to know each other better answer the questions below. 

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? New Zealand or maybe somewhere remotely in Germany
  2. What is your biggest fear? kids passing away
  3. What would you change about yourself if you could? get rid of addictive personality
  4. What really makes you angry? shitty/selfish people
  5. What is your proudest accomplishment? 2 Masters Degrees
  6. What is your favorite book to read?  Don’t have a single book but World War 2 books
  7. What makes you laugh the most?Irony and tv shows about degenerates 
  8. What did you want to be when you were small? Archeologist
  9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Go to International Space Station
  10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Football
  11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza
  12. Who is your favorite author? Tie between John Keegan and Anthony Beevor
  13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Potter, I used to look like Harry Potter and I was a pothead
  14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? the “correct” answer is my family but for fun I would say Gal Gadot
  15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to 1942
  16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have I would want Silver Surfers powers cuz it would be awesome to travel the universe. But maybe something a bit more reasonable would be to read people’s minds or have complete knowledge 
  17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Master Donate half and live comfortable and travel while putting kids in best school
  18. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? Intelligence
  19.  What's your favorite holiday? Tie between Halloween and Christmas 
  20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Jumped a train track hill going 120 miles an hour in a Ford Taurus 
  21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Vietnamese 
  22. What's your favorite family tradition? White elephant Christmas gifting
  23. What is your favorite childhood memory?  Trip to Florida to see my grandpa for the last time and go to Busch gardens, universal, Epcot, Disney 
  24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? Star Wars and the office
  25. What was your favorite subject in school? History
  26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?  Pig Intestines 
  27. Do you collect anything? World War 2 memorabilia 
  28. What was your first job? Dishwasher
  29.  If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Metallica or Beatles
  30. What is one thing you will never do again? Drive Drunk and drinking while driving
FreddyNoelDeeMichelle

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 24
    1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Porto, Portugal
    2. What is your biggest fear? Being homeless
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? Be less lazy
    4. What really makes you angry? The current GOP
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? My friendships
    6. What is your favorite book to read? Sweet Jones: Pimp C's Trill Life Story
    7. What makes you laugh the most? Shrooms
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? Military man and/or cop
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Golf
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Football just to watch. Golf to play and watch.
    11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Chicken fried steak
    12. Who is your favorite author? Michael Crichton
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Several... Top Shelf is my current one, and it has stuck the longest.
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Kelly Divine
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? Mid great coke/pre AIDS, and Quaaludes were a buck a piece. Whatever year that was.
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Fly. Nothing else is a close second.
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Go broke in spectacular fashion. For real though, the best answer of all time goes to Hollywood Henderson. When asked by a reporter what he does now that he has won the lottery he responded with "Not a damn thing. And I don't start that until after lunch."
    18. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? Intelligence
    19.  What's your favorite holiday? Christmas. One day of the year where I do fuck all. Something about it makes me feel incredibly relaxed. Christmas is like a massage.
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Paragliding in Switzerland.
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Italian
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? Thanksgiving.
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory? Playing video games
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? Big Trouble in Little China and King of the Hill
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Escargot. It was delicious.
    27. Do you collect anything? Old school Texas gangster rap albums on vinyl, and to a lesser extent vinyl in general.
    28. What was your first job? Telemarketer. Specifically, I sold discount vacation packages that ultimately ended with a high pressure timeshare sales pitch.
    29. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Screw Up Click
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Loan {insert name here} money again.
    31. Favorite article of clothing you own? My black Karl Lagerfeld track jacket.

Everyone should add a question, right?

NoelHatorianDeeMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Probably still Adelaide. It’s nice here. 
    2. What is your biggest fear? Dying. Specifically dying alone, like choking on something. 
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? Be less lazy. 
    4. What really makes you angry? r/insaneparents 
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? My daughter. 
    6. What is your favorite book to read? Behind The Scenes At The Museum by Kate Atkinson. 
    7. What makes you laugh the most? My daughter. She has a very dry sense of humour. 
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? A radio DJ. 
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Read. 
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? None, zero interest in sport. 
    11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Roast dinner. 
    12. Who is your favorite author? Stephen King, probably. 
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Variations on Dee - Deetree, DeeDee, Deirdre, etc. Also, Dee is a nickname, my full name is Wendy. 
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Celeste Barber, gotta have a laugh. 
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to Mid-80s somewhere to tell my teenage self not to be such a dingbat. 
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have The power to make people nicer.
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Set up a foundation that creates a kitchen garden for every school in the country. 
    19.  What's your favorite holiday? Easter. Four days off to stuff my face with chocolate. 
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Sold everything and moved to a state where I knew no one with a 5 year old. 
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Mexican
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? Monday night tacos with Lily. 
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory? My cousin getting chased by a goat while picking blackberries. 
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? The Wedding Singer and Boardwalk Empire. 
    25. What was your favorite subject in school? English/English Literature 
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? I’m not an adventurous eater. Pineapple on pizza? 
    27. Do you collect anything? Perfume and perfume oils. 
    28. What was your first job? Secretary to a terrifying woman in the Education Department. 
    29. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The band from A Mighty Wind. 
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Smoke
    NoelHatorianMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Freddy Shout out to King Of The Hill! 
    Freddy
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? In a state of complete tranquility 
    2. What is your biggest fear? Not doing enough to be there for the people that I love 
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? My dependence on validation 
    4. What really makes you angry? Being called out for something that isn’t true
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? Being able to tell my father that I’m ready to run the company once he retires 
    6. What is your favorite book to read? Don Quixote 
    7. What makes you laugh the most? My family and friends 
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? Lawyer, no joke
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Have a deep conversation with the woman I just had intense sex with
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? World football
    11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? My mom’s tamales
    12. Who is your favorite author? Can’t think of just one 
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Trompillas or Flaco
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Don’t care as long as she’s hot, a brunette and a Scorpio
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to Right before the dinosaurs became extinct. I would like to know what really happened.
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have Being able to get drunk without any of the side effects.
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Take care of my immediate family/friends. See the world.
    19. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas. I do nothing but watch basketball all day. Latinos celebrate Christmas Eve. Just another day off.
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Bungee jumping 
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? I feel like Mexican doesn’t count for me so Italian
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? Making time to get together for no reason. We always make it work.
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory? Sports or riding bikes with my brothers and/or friends 
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? Y Tu Mamá También - Curb Your Enthusiasm 
    25. What was your favorite subject in school? Mathematics 
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Crickets
    27. Do you collect anything? Sneakers. Mostly Jordan 1s.
    28. What was your first job? Soccer referee
    29. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Intocable, but only as their manager
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Sleep with a married woman
    FreddyDeeHatorianMichelle
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Dee said:

1. What did you want to be when you were small? A radio DJ

NoelDee
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Don’t normally do these things but I’m bored and a lot of you guys are pretty much friends of mine as I speak to you more than a lot of others. So for anyone who wants to take part and get to know each other better answer the questions below. 

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? New Zealand or maybe somewhere remotely in Germany
    2. What is your biggest fear? kids passing away
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? get rid of addictive personality
    4. What really makes you angry? shitty/selfish people
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? 2 Masters Degrees
    6. What is your favorite book to read?  Don’t have a single book but World War 2 books
    7. What makes you laugh the most?Irony and tv shows about degenerates 
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? Archeologist
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Go to International Space Station
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Football
    11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza
    12. Who is your favorite author? Tie between John Keegan and Anthony Beevor
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Potter, I used to look like Harry Potter and I was a pothead
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? the “correct” answer is my family but for fun I would say Gal Gadot
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to 1942
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have I would want Silver Surfers powers cuz it would be awesome to travel the universe. But maybe something a bit more reasonable would be to read people’s minds or have complete knowledge 
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Master Donate half and live comfortable and travel while putting kids in best school
    19.  What's your favorite holiday? Tie between Halloween and Christmas 
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Jumped a train track hill going 120 miles an hour in a Ford Taurus 
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Vietnamese 
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? White elephant Christmas gifting
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory?  Trip to Florida to see my grandpa for the last time and go to Busch gardens, universal, Epcot, Disney 
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? Star Wars and the office
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?  Pig Intestines 
    27. Do you collect anything? World War 2 memorabilia 
    28. What was your first job? Dishwasher
    29.  If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Metallica or Beatles
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Drive Drunk and drinking while driving
    yeah fuck that! some of those are security questions. nice try @Hatorian!
    DeeNoelMichellebazjensterHatorianFreddycalebthrowerTeresa from Concord
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited March 24
    @Chinaski What was the name of your first pet? Also what is your mum’s maiden name?
    Michellebazjenster
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Dee said:
    @Chinaski What was the name of your first pet? 
    Amigo. crap! to the iTunes store!
    DeeMichelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 24

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?  The English or French countryside, a tropical island, or an Italian vineyard
    2. What is your biggest fear?  Drowning
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could?  I'd go back to being in my 30s but with the same level of maturity, income, and wisdom that I have now.
    4. What really makes you angry?  Cruelty to children and animals
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment?   My photos being published
    6. What is your favorite book to read?   I don't have a fav book
    7. What makes you laugh the most?  When my nieces get the giggles 
    8. What did you want to be when you were small?  Actress
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?   Something involving traveling somewhere  
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?  Baseball (to watch - I don't play any sports though)
    11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?  The absolute most perfect steak and the best red wine
    12. Who is your favorite author?   I don't have one
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?   Chelle, Chellie
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?  Jim and ARon!
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?  1920 & meet my grandma as a little girl
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?   Time travel
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery?  Pay off debts for myself, parents, & sister, send nieces to the best colleges, travel the world, invest, donate to certain charities
    18. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? Intelligence (edit: wait, this is a catch-22 question, right?)
    19. What's your favorite holiday?  Christmas 
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?  Visited NYC on my own in my mid-20s
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food?  Italian 
    22. What's your favorite family tradition?  Christmas Day shots out of candy cane shot glasses with my sis,  vacations with just my nieces and I
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory?   Staying at my grandma's house on the weekend, her special Sunday breakfasts
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show?   When Harry Met Sally, Friends
    25. What was your favorite subject in school?  History, geography
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?   Rattlesnake, alligator, rabbit
    27. Do you collect anything?   Bath and Body Works shower gels in discontinued fragrances (not old gross ones, just the scents I love that you can't find in the stores anymore)
    28. What was your first job?   Fast food
    29. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?  The Go-Gos maybe?  I dunno, something fun from the 80s probably
    30. What is one thing you will never do again?   Backslide with my ex boyfriend.

DeeHatorianFreddyNoelFlukes
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Chinaski said:

Haha funny thing for me is not one of those answers is either part of my passwords or security answers
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited March 24
    1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I'm happy in Toronto, but I could be tempted by NYC or Paris
    2. What is your biggest fear? Heights
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? I'd be less of a homebody 
    4. What really makes you angry? Politics
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? Earning my degree
    6. What is your favorite book to read?  I've tried answering this question 100 times and as soon as I commit to something I change it.  I read too much.
    7. What makes you laugh the most? My best friend
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? A hockey player or astronaut 
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? These days, just a day of pure stress-free relaxation
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Hockey or soccer 
    12. Who is your favorite author? Gabriel Garcia Marquez 
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Briefly, as a kid people called me "egg" (it rhymes with my name -  Greg
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Bear Grylls
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? Late 60's London - I'd love to see Jimi Hendrix live!
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Does over-complicating simple things count as a super-power?
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Travel - forever.
    18. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I'd rather be smart than handsome.  Luckily I'm both (and modest too!).
    19.  What's your favorite holiday? Christmas 
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I'm a play-it-safe kind of guy, but did a lot of dumb/illegal things as a kid
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Italian
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? Sunday dinner 
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory?  It wasn't a particularly special moment, but one time when I a little kid - maybe like 6 or 7 years old - I was walking home from school and I decided that I'd never forget that particular moment and I never have.
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? Bladerunner and Northern Exposure 
    25. What was your favorite subject in school? History
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?  I've been a vegetarian for 27 years...I don't really think any vegetables are unusual 
    27. Do you collect anything? It's been a while since I've bought any new ones, but I have a big comic book collection
    28. What was your first job? Buggy-boy at a grocery store
    29.  If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Beatles 
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Never say never, but my fear of heights is extreme so it will take a lot to get me into a plane again
    HatorianFreddyNoelMichelle
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:

Haha funny thing for me is not one of those answers is either part of my passwords or security answers
    Bitwarden rules. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited March 25
    Oh go on then.

1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I'm pretty happy in Oxford, but I miss living in London back in my uni days.
    2. What is your biggest fear? The ocean, the expanse of it and every living thing in it.
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? I wish I was one of those people who can keep to a regular and effective exercise regime.
    4. What really makes you angry? Any kind of animal cruelty, it's also one of the biggest hypocrisies of my life considering I'm a carnivore.
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? Hmm. I guess getting a first in my dissertation? My thesis was 'The Representation of Prositution in Victorian Literature'.
    6. What is your favorite book to read? I read way to much to have a singular favourite, but I recently read Just Kids by Patti Smith and it blew me away.
    7. What makes you laugh the most? My best friends when we are talking shit as a group.
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? A vet, I feel like that's every kid's first dream job until they realise the details lol.
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Right at this moment, somehow be given the scientific genius to find a cure for the damn virus.
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? To watch, soccer/tennis. To play, something low effort like darts lol.
    11. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? A seafood platter.
    12. Who is your favorite author? Childhood me says JK Rowling, adult me says Jeffrey Eugenides.
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Nah, Amy was always too short for a nickname. My mum calls me Angel though lol.
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? For practical reasons, Bear Grylls. For *personal* reasons, Cate Blanchett. ;-)
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I gotta see who Jack the Ripper was, I just gotta.
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? I'd like to be able to rewind and start things again if I needed to do something differently, for any stretch of time, even going all the way back to my own birth.
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? I'd give my best friends a good chunk each so that I don't end up becoming some sort of Gatsby alone in my wealth, then I'd buy a bomb ass house with a bomb ass home theatre, and then go live in Disney World for a month.
    18. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? 95% of the time, looks for intelligence.
    19.  What's your favorite holiday? Halloween
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I've done lots of stupid shit that is illegal but not particularly daring. For straight up bravery I guess going on batshit rollercoasters? Lol.
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Chinese
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? We haven't done it for the last few years, but my favourite used to be going to the cinema with my brother and parents on Christmas Eve. 
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory? I'm one of those people who barely remembers their childhood, but I do have a distinct memory of playing a gender swapped Scrooge in a school production when I was like 8. I could feel myself getting sicker and sicker as the show went on, and by the end of the performance I was like a ghost. Apparently all the parents thought I was putting in some sort of Meryl Streep like method performance and I got crazy plaudits. Was then off school for two weeks with an awful bug haha.
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? It's impossible for me to pick just one for each, but at this very second, my heart is telling me to say The Rocky Horror Picture Show and The West Wing.
    25. What was your favorite subject in school? English
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? I guess something along the lines of alligator or kangaroo burger? Both were tasty.
    27. Do you collect anything? I collect Playbills and souvenir programs from any theatre show or concert I attend, along with the ticket stubs.
    28. What was your first job? Assistant in a book shop.
    29.  If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Fleetwood Mac 
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Sleep with a man.  :D
    HatorianFreddy
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Back to NYC for me.
    2. What is your biggest fear? Anything bad happening to my kids.
    3. What would you change about yourself if you could? I wish I was more positive. It’s better than when I was younger but not where it should be.
    4. What really makes you angry? Humans blatant disregard for the safety and well being of animals. 
    5. What is your proudest accomplishment? Started playing beach volleyball in my 40’s, sucked at it but stuck with it, and improved enough to join a competitive league. 
    6. What is your favorite book to read? I get excited when there is a new Steven King novel.
    7. What makes you laugh the most? Gonna say it - cat videos
    8. What did you want to be when you were small? A lawyer because I thought they could save the world. 
    9. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Work in the garden but it has to be a beautiful sunny day.
    10. What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? I love to watch baseball. I have a pool table so I’ll play that.
    12. Who is your favorite author? See above.
    13. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Pickles. I have been horrified by them as far back as I remember, kids are cruel, so presto chango a nickname is born.
    14. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? Daniel Craig. Didn’t even need to think about this.
    15. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? The 60’s as a teenager. I was too young to appreciate that incredible music.
    16. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? My answer changed after I moved to California. I now answer FLY because I am so over this freakin traffic.
    17. What would you do if you won the lottery? Keep it a secret until I figure it out.
    18. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?  Looks for intelligence.
    19.  What's your favorite holiday? Any that falls during the week and gives me a day off without using PTO.
    20. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Thinking about this made me realize that jumping off cliffs into pools of water is pretty stupid.
    21. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Thai (Italian is my favorite food but I am Italian so don’t consider that foreign)
    22. What's your favorite family tradition? My dad would make waffles on Saturday mornings. Me and my siblings loved it. 
    23. What is your favorite childhood memory? 
    24. What's your favorite movie and TV show? Favorite movie - Roman Holiday. Favorite TV show - hard to pick but going with Parks and Rec
    25. What was your favorite subject in school? English
    26. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Scorpion on a stick
    27. Do you collect anything? Pez dispensers and Yankee stuff by default (because everyone knows I’m a big fan so I get tons on my birthday)
    28. What was your first job? cleaned a Catholic school
    29.  If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? Led Zeppelin
    30. What is one thing you will never do again? Get married.
    Hatorian