Netflix Party

Has anyone brought up the Netflix party chrome add on to the BM Crew? It would be cool to all livewatch a show together and interact in chat. We wouldn’t be able to see them but it might be fun to watch with a big group.

PLEASE HELP ME IM GOING STIR CRAZY AND I HAVE A 2.5 YEAR OLD 
Michellecdrive

Comments

• MichaelGMichaelG Seattle
    Heyoooo us too - passing toddler time suuuuucks right now!  We love him, but still..... 

Not beating ourselves up for relying on Sesame St and Mr Rogers more than normal. We need it more than him.  Hang in there!
    gguenot
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    There was another post earlier. I said I’m down
    gguenot
    anytime after 7pm cst. Would just need to make sure whatever we watch is in my countries catalog 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'd be in on this too if it happened! 
    I’m down now. Looks like we got 3 people active. Maybe we give it a go?
    edited March 26
    im watching netflix anyways so feel free to join. it might not be interesting to others but if ppl join we can change to something more in line with everyones taste.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/70253343?npSessionId=94321e2d759e75af&npServerId=s153
    edited March 26
    This Tiger King documentary is wild (no pun intended)!
    Isn't it supposed to sync up to wherever you as the host are in the video, though?

Side note:  Bret Michaels took quite the redneck turn!
    Side note #2:  Yeah, none of these guys look shifty *at all*.
    edited March 26
    not sure. never done this before. 

https://www.netflix.com/watch/70253343?npSessionId=94321e2d759e75af&npServerId=s153

what sucks is it looks like if you want to switch videos the party closes and you have to create a whole new link. i dont think you can just follow the host if they change videosz.
    edited March 26
    OH!  Okay.  So after someone clicks the link to join the party, they have to click the red NP at the top right of the browser window and that will take them to the party, with the chat area also.  I'm there now :)

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hey, glad to see you all in here figuring out the Netflix Party! We're going to be doing some testing on this tomorrow, and if all goes well then we're going to try to do a livewatch with everyone next week!
    JaimieTcdriveChinaskiNoelCapeGabeTeresa from ConcordMichelleHatoriangguenotKela15and 1 other.
    One thing I found last night is that in the chat, it doesn’t give you an option to have your user name. You only get an icon.  So you kind of have to announce who you are so that people know.
  • Michelle said:
    One thing I found last night is that in the chat, it doesn’t give you an option to have your user name. You only get an icon.  So you kind of have to announce who you are so that people know.
    I’m gguenot!
    Teresa from ConcordChinaskiNoel
    edited March 26
    gguenot said:
    Michelle said:
    I’m gguenot!
    Wait, how did you get a username in the Netflix Party chat?  All I had was an icon last night when I was testing it with Hatorian.

Edit:  Wait...  *sigh* :sweat_smile:

Chinaskigguenot
    I’m putting on Ozarks Season 3 when it launches in a few hours if anyone is interested. Believe it comes out at 12mid pst
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    Hatorian said:
    I’m putting on Ozarks Season 3 when it launches in a few hours if anyone is interested. Believe it comes out at 12mid pst
    OMG had no idea season 3 is about to drop! I hope they won’t make us wait for it here in Europe! Now’s not the time to be geoblocking and shite...
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Jim and I are doing a Tiger King Netflix Party at 7pm tomorrow! A.Ron might by in if he figures out why he should give a shit about Tiger King. 

More deets will be shared out tomorrow!
    cdriveMichelleneilfgks
    Sweet! See you guys there
  • Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm on a mac and the extension just doesn't seem to do anything
    Are you using safari? Can you download chrome on a mac?