Screw Bezos

I rarely total rage against the wealthy but this jerk is something else.

Anyone else notice on Amazon that there were a ton of newish movies rentable for $2.99 - $3.99 until we went on soft lockdown and then almost everything went up to $5.99?

What a price gouging prick. He owns one of the few companies that is going to hugely profit from the pandemic and sees the opportunity to bleed us for more nickels.

Meanwhile his employees are treated like slave labor while literally putting their lives at risk for peanuts.

I really do dislike him. He seems like an real asshole.

He sued SpaceX saying that reusable rockets were his idea even though he DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ORBITAL ROCKET AFTER STARTING BLUE ORIGIN BEFORE SPACEX!

He sued the government because they leased historic launch pad to SpaceX and not him even though he DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ORBITAL ROCKET AFTER STARTING BLUE ORIGIN BEFORE SPACEX!

He sued the government for not giving him satellite contracts even though he DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN ORBITAL ROCKET AFTER STARTING BLUE ORIGIN BEFORE SPACEX!

The only good thing this asshat ever did was save The Expanse and he even fucked that up by dumping them in one day around Christmas.

I'd rage more but a package just arrived on my doorstep....

Teresa from ConcordMarcicdrivemajjam0770ken haleGan

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    If you turn this into a question(ish) I'd love to hear the guys and Cecily opine on this during Lunchtime.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited March 31
    I don't ever remember them being $2.99, except maaaybe years ago when it started.  I just checked and $5.99 for an HD rental is what I remember. Are you thinking of $2.99 for a TV episode purchase?

The button always has the lowest price advertised, so maybe you're used to seeing $3.99 and $4.99, but that's for SD.
  • edited March 31
    JaimieT said:
    I don't ever remember them being $2.99, except maaaybe years ago when it started.  I just checked and $5.99 for an HD rental is what I remember. Are you thinking of $2.99 for a TV episode purchase?

The button always has the lowest price advertised, so maybe you're used to seeing $3.99 and $4.99, but that's for SD.

Nope, it was a week ago while I was picking out what to watch in the coming weeks. I watched the Mr Rogers movie for $2.99. Then that and all the other movies I was planning to watch went up to $5.99

• You can tell from the way he answers questions and acts that he's completely amoral. Not immoral, I don't think he's evil for evil's sake, he just seems to never think about the morality of anything he's doing. Whether it's a mental disorder (like being a sociopath) or he's just an asshole, I dunno. But Bezos cares about exactly one thing - Bezos. 
    CapeGabe
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    CapeGabe said:
    JaimieT said:

Nope, it was a week ago while I was picking out what to watch in the coming weeks. I watched the Mr Rogers movie for $2.99. Then that and all the other movies I was planning to watch went up to $5.99

Question: were they momentarily discounted? I've looked at Amazon rentals for years and never saw that price. They were at market with Vudu, Google Play, etc, at $4-6.
  • The Orville season two has gotten cheaper in Germany from 24,99 to 14,99.
    Just saying.

JaimieT
  • JaimieT said:

Question: were they momentarily discounted? I've looked at Amazon rentals for years and never saw that price. They were at market with Vudu, Google Play, etc, at $4-6.

It could have been a coincidence but it's awful strange that they were all different prices (ranging from $2-$6 to rent) and then when the lockdowns started to get serious ALL of them went up in price to $6. He has a track record of being a douche so I attribute the changes to him being an asshat.

• HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    I highly doubt Bezos is really involved with much of anything at Amazon anymore. He's definitely not the one setting the price of movie rentals.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    He’s the CEO and owns a large stake in it so the buck stops with him. 

Also - 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/31/amazon-strike-worker-fired-organizing-walkout-chris-smallls

Fuck Amazon. I’m glad I have other options and do not have to use them. 
    CapeGabe
  • edited April 1
    And then I have to listen to my mom talk about how Amazon should take over the U.S.'s healthcare industry because she listens to a bunch of BS technocratic podcasts all the time.
  • GanGan
    edited April 1
    He also asking for donations instead of giving out money himself despite having billions and billions of dollars.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Seriously? I am so frustrated with myself because I use the technology, like Amazon and Ring, that I also hate. 
  • Seriously? I am so frustrated with myself because I use the technology, like Amazon and Ring, that I also hate. 

• Yeah, fuck them. I avoid ordering from them as much as possible.
    Good op-ed:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/01/amazon-coronavirus-new-york-chris-smalls-dismissed
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i've never had an Amazon account. no joke. and i'm ok with that.
    NoelFreddy
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    i've never had an Amazon account. no joke. and i'm ok with that.
    Props to you man. I’m gonna look up the exact stats but for fun I’ll guess that half of all Americans have an Amazon account.

So I looked it up and after some quick research, somewhere around 60% of US households have a Prime account. Wow. That’s incredible.
    ChinaskiFreddy
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    CapeGabe said:
    JaimieT said:

It could have been a coincidence but it's awful strange that they were all different prices (ranging from $2-$6 to rent) and then when the lockdowns started to get serious ALL of them went up in price to $6. He has a track record of being a douche so I attribute the changes to him being an asshat.

You may have had Amazon digital coupons for no-rush shipping or something, it will show you the prices with your coupons included.