NFL 20/21

Comments

• Fuck Tom Brady
  • And GO AWAY 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 26
    Imagine if in 2017-2018 someone told you a team would have Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Mike Evans, Leonard Fournette, Chris Godwin & some other great skill guys , and the #1 defensive DVOA ... Lol you'd say they're going undefeated!

Bucs could be really good if they keep it up. And as a Pats fan that makes me sad, especially after today. Yikes.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    MrX said:
    Imagine if in 2017-2018 someone told you a team would have Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Mike Evans, Leonard Fournette, Chris Godwin & some other great skill guys , and the #1 defensive DVOA ... Lol you'd say they're going undefeated!

Bucs could be really good if they keep it up. And as a Pats fan that makes me sad, especially after today. Yikes.
    makes the Bears beating them even more impressive. they get Antonio Brown in a few weeks too.
  • edited October 26
    As a Lions fan - never been so happy to see the opposing team score a touchdown. What a fucking wild game. 

Edit - and big yike for the Pats today indeed (and the cowboys, although that's just sad at this point). As someone who was convinced Brady was a very, very good QB who was elevated to best of all time by his coach, that take looks pretty bad now. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    asmallcat said:
    As a Lions fan - never been so happy to see the opposing team score a touchdown. What a fucking wild game. 

Falcons making sure they find every possible way to lose, it's really wild. I can't imagine being a Falcons fan this season, how do you even watch these games?

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    This is the worst I’ve felt about the Cowboys in a very long time
    Freddyblacksunrise7
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas

asmallcat said:

Falcons making sure they find every possible way to lose, it's really wild. I can't imagine being a Falcons fan this season, how do you even watch these games?

I don't. Ha ha.
  • This was a rough weekend for the NFC north, but luckily everyone but the last place Vikings lost so there's no movement in standings. 
    Niners look like they're giving up and traded Kwon Alexander to the Saints as part of a salary dump. How in the hell do the Saints have room? I do not understand what cap wizardly is happening in NO.
  • Niners look like they're giving up and traded Kwon Alexander to the Saints as part of a salary dump. How in the hell do the Saints have room? I do not understand what cap wizardly is happening in NO.
    The Saints and Rams are basically in "there is no cap, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" mode and it's fascinating to see how much longer they can keep it up. Maybe forever! 
    asmallcat said:
    Niners look like they're giving up and traded Kwon Alexander to the Saints as part of a salary dump. How in the hell do the Saints have room? I do not understand what cap wizardly is happening in NO.
    The Saints and Rams are basically in "there is no cap, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" mode and it's fascinating to see how much longer they can keep it up. Maybe forever! 

The Rams it at least feels like it's catching up to them, they have a top heavy roster and had to eject some good talent. I don't follow the Saints as closely but it seems like they're just in on every damn free agent, including two of the Niners cap casualties with Sanders and now Alexander. You've got to think they're hitting the turbo button  and pushing money into the future while they have Brees and once he's gone they're going to have some absolutely monster dead cap hits.

Chinaski said:

Yea it's not a great spot to be in. This season is toast and they'll probably be moving on from Jimmy with the way they structured his deal. At least they were smart enough to front load those guarantees when they had the cap space so they didn't end up where the Vikings are right now with Cousins. Only way he's back is if he takes significantly less money. They've already started unloading salary and there are a ton of rumors about what Shanahan wants to do, so should be an interesting offseason at least.
  • Chinaski said:
    if the bears wear split in half. The Chicago Trubisky's and The Chicago Foles. they'd be tied for first in the NFC East.
    Or ya know. Nagy could have not made a more
    bonheaded decision. The O-line is done so you need a passer out of the pocket and Foles has cement feet. 
    Chinaski
    Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:
    if the bears wear split in half. The Chicago Trubisky's and The Chicago Foles. they'd be tied for first in the NFC East.
    bonheaded decision. The O-line is done so you need a passer out of the pocket and Foles has cement feet. 
    and now #10 is 'out a few weeks' with a shoulder injury that he suffered on the ONE play he played on Sunday. Nagy's playcalling is such a joke. but hey! we have a dependable kicker now! SANTOS!
    Hatorian
  • edited November 6
    Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:
    I get starting Foles cause Trubisky looked bad, but now Foles is 32nd in the NFL in Y/A, 30th in AY/A, and 25th in Comp% - not numbers you want to see from your immobile, pass first QB. At least Mitch had the capacity to make plays with his legs while having similarly abysmal passing stats (he was worse on completion % but better on Y/A). 

Whatever Nagy is doing isn't working, but the NFC north looks bad apart from the Bears and Packers, and with the Packers looking eminently beatable in theory there's still time to right the ship. If the Bears offense looks like this for the rest of the season, though, it seems pretty clear the NFC north is sending only 1 team to the playoffs. 

Edit - I honestly think the bears should have tried to trade for Winston. Like, you aren't winning a playoff game with either of your current QB's. At least Winston on a lucky streak can in theory win you the 3 games you'd need to get to the SB.
    I'm pretty annoyed at the NFL with how this week went. It was already a short week, the Niners are playing a bunch of practice squad guys who a lot of them have barely or never played with this team and they had to shut down the facility so they couldn't even practice with these randos. The covid test turned out to be a false positive but since they had to play the game yesterday they were without their starting LT, their best remaining WR, and the only other WR who would normally be playing so they could do the contact tracing.

The Titans, who were violating the protocols, got their game pushed, the Pats got it pushed when Cam tested positive, the Niners had to roll out their 4th preseason game roster to get absolutely decimated by an MVP candidate in prime time. I get they have TV deals and don't want to push prime time games, but you have to be consistent with that. This was bullshit and if they had pushed it to even Sunday it would have looked at least different with some WRs who have actually had a practice with the team and wouldn't have had to watch Justin Skule welcome in the defensive line into Mullens face every play. That game was a farce.

r49ers - sigh

• I am legitimately excited that a 5 win team could potentially win the NFC East. Each team has only 1-3 division games left. Something like the 5-10-1 Eagles being the division winner would be hilarious. 
    Chinaskiasmallcatblacksunrise7
    jluzania said:
    I am legitimately excited that a 5 win team could potentially win the NFC East. Each team has only 1-3 division games left. Something like the 5-10-1 Eagles being the division winner would be hilarious. 
    haha what a joke.

that Bills and Cards game was wild. HAIL MURRAY!
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    jluzania said:
    I am legitimately excited that a 5 win team could potentially win the NFC East. Each team has only 1-3 division games left. Something like the 5-10-1 Eagles being the division winner would be hilarious. 
    haha what a joke.

that Bills and Cards game was wild. HAIL MURRAY!
    What a catch too. Hopkins is unreal. That was some Megatron shit right there!
  • jluzania said:
    YESSS
  • It would be truly hilarious if that NFC East champ won a playoff game, a game they would host to boot
  • So it turns out the Lions can win, but only against the 2nd worst team in the league and they still let Alex "how am I still able to walk" Smith throw for 390 FUCKING YARDS. Lol. And Patricia was supposed to be a defensive genius. They can't fire this schmuck soon enough. 
  • Also, there are some wild point differential stats this year. 

Every single team in the NFC west has a positive point differential, even the 4-6 49ers. That division is insane, and I can only imagine what a bloodbath it would have been if the 49ers hadn't been cursed by an eldritch god. 

The steelers have a +100 differential, which is insane, but the chiefs have +103 and aren't undefeated. It's wild. 

Every team in the NFC east of course has a negative differential. Classic. 

The AFC east the 1st place bills are +7, while the Dolphins are +69 but in 2nd place. 

This will go down as a truly bizarre year of football, and maybe it just feels this way and isn't statistically true but it feels like there are a lot more terrible teams this year than normal so a lot more teams seem good to great because they get to play all these awful teams. There just aren't as many 7-9 to 9-7 teams as we normally have. 
    Chinaskibizmarkiefader
    @asmallcat the offensive explosion this year has been really wild. Just from watching redzone it feels like there are fewer close games than normal, it's been a lot of blowouts and teams catching up in garbage time to make the game seem closer than it was.

The other side of this is the race for a top 2 pick and Lawrence/Fields is also nuts:

This years QB class seems like there at least 3, possibly 4 top 10ish picks and to get in the top 10 you're going to need to be really bad. A lot of niner fans are starting to talk themselves into BYU's Zach Wilson and dumping Jimmy's salary to try and keep some of their defensive pieces, but they're probably going to have to move up to get him even with a 6-10 or so record.

I'm not sure if this is good or not, you can pretty much already name all the NFC playoff teams and there's a pretty distinct list of actual contenders in the AFC. It feels like we're just waiting for this covid and injury ridden regular season to be done with so we can get to the playoffs.

asmallcatChinaskiNoel

haha Miami has Houston's pick. good ole Bill O'Brien :D
    bizmarkiefaderNoel
    Chinaski said:
    haha Miami has Houston's pick. good ole Bill O'Brien :D

That's pretty brutal. I kind of expect the Texans to get a few more wins but there's nothing worse as a fan than a season like this where you don't even have your own pick. Combined with whats going on with the Rockets and the Astros being the most hated team in baseball, rough time for Houston sports.
    Chinaskicdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    This is what it feels like to be a sports fan in Houston today.

Chinaskibizmarkiefaderadobo1148Noel