NFL 20/21

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    yes!! stoked!
    @Chinaski ; called it. I'm surprised you guys went TE after signing Graham.
    yeah, Graham is not getting any younger, and their TE depth is thin. if anything Graham will be a good mentor for Kmet. great pick! now lets gets Delpit or Chinn at 50 if available! i wouldn't be mad at a CB either.
    I will say, I think @Chinaski is in the minority of Bears fans who wanted a TE. Bears twitter does not seem happy
    haha they're never happy

hmm don't know much about this Johnson fella. but like i said, i'm not mad at a CB.
  • Chinaski said:
    hmm don't know much about this Johnson fella. but like i said, i'm not mad at a CB.
    He's really freaking good and I was hoping he would drop 3 more spots to the Eagles. The only reason he wasn't a late first round pick was because of his shoulder injury
    Chinaski
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Fucking disgusting. Winfield drops and they Don’t take him and then he and delpit immoderately go after the bears pick. 

This is the analysis on winfield...that’s an impact player. Cole Kmet isn’t be compared to anyone great. Average blocker with some good instincts and hands. 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Just like his father, Antoine Winfield, a first-round pick by the Bills in 1999, Winfield is an instinctive defensive back with excellent toughness for his size. He's a ball hawk, is competitive when the ball is in the air and has above-average hands. Winfield is an aggressive run defender who looks for contact and has good stopping power. -- Steve Muench

Chinaski said:
    He's really freaking good and I was hoping he would drop 3 more spots to the Eagles. The only reason he wasn't a late first round pick was because of his shoulder injury
    i'm getting hit up on him left n right from several buds that he's solid AF. apparently he dropped cause of that torn labrum like you said. i'll take it. i'm happy with the bears picks!
  • What the fuck are the Eagles doing?
    Noel
    telling ya @Hatorian, Kmet is gonna be a beast! i work with a die hard ND fan and he's been pumping him up for months. i watched a bunch of his tape and was super impressed.
    What the fuck are the Eagles doing?
    didn't not see him going to Philly at all!
    I hope he turns out as we definitely need a TE. It’s not a mind bongling move. But like you even said winfield jr at 43 was a pipe dream that came true and we didn’t take him. That D would be the best D the bears had since at least 2006. And since winfield can play the box Jackson could have roamed free. Oh well. Hears to hoping we have at least 1000 yards a 5 TDS out of the TE position this year. 
    Hatorian said:
    But like you even said winfield jr at 43 was a pipe dream that came true and we didn’t take him.
    sorry, i can see how my comment was misunderstood 'pipe dream.. but if possible please please let Xavier McKinney be available at 43!'. i meant getting McKinney. i REALLY wanted him since he didn't go in the first round. wanted him side by side with fellow Bama Safety E Jax. we really need a CB to replace Prince so hope Johnson can slide right in. the more i hear and read about Johnson, the more i like that pick.
    Hatorian
    i can never see Adam Gase again without thinking about him on coke thinking about tacos. he's such a weirdo :D

Hatorian
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    edited April 25
    I’m loving what the Boys are doing in this draft

Shout out to the Eagles for the bonus entertainment 
    Chinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Tired Goodell is TV gold
    Chinaski
    Bears get a C- grade and the Bucs got a A grade. I know it’s meaningless but winfield jr was a steal. 
    Noel said:
    Tired Goodell is TV gold
    i was thinking the same. he looked so tired and annoyed compared to last night. :D
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Tired Goodell is TV gold
    i was thinking the same. he looked so tired and annoyed compared to last night. :D
    I knew it started to wear on him when he was sitting down and then started to lean back into the chair
    Chinaski
    Noel said:
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    Tired Goodell is TV gold
    I knew it started to wear on him when he was sitting down and then started to lean back into the chair
    i knew when i saw that jar of m&m's go away.
    Noel
    He probably couldn’t sleep cuz his mind was racing on how day 2 would go. I know I can’t sleep when I have something extremely important at work coming up soon that could mean losing my job. 
  • edited April 26
    Chinaski said:
    @asmallcat- ya'll are drafting good so far. shout out.
    Yeah overall I'm really happy with the draft. I don't love Swift in R2, as I thought we had more pressing needs, but Johnson has had trouble staying on the field so maybe this is the team deciding he won't be a 3-down back anymore. Other than that, though, looks great. We also signed a tight end as an UDFA, who apparently was PFF's highest rated TE in the entire draft lol. 

Edit - Not that PFF is the best metric for how good an NFL player someone will be, just a funny fact. 
    NFL schedule out in a few hours. games are slowly getting 'leaked'. ones that stood out were the Thursday night opener, Watson v. Mahomes and a week 1 match up of Brady v. Brees. @asmallcat - Bears visiting your Lions week 1.

kinda hard to get excited with everything going on tbh.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Yea... this all seems extremely optimistic and its going to make people that much angrier if they have to push back this schedule or end up cancelling the season. Nothing is going to stop them from trying and if they do have to cancel it they want to make sure they can point to someone else forcing their hand and say hey, don't blame us we were planning on going this year.
    WelChinaski said:
    NFL schedule out in a few hours. games are slowly getting 'leaked'. ones that stood out were the Thursday night opener, Watson v. Mahomes and a week 1 match up of Brady v. Brees. @asmallcat - Bears visiting your Lions week 1.

L it’s out. And ESPN predictions suck. I mean the bears could go 4-0 with that schedule but for some reason they have them winning less games than Detroit who had like 3 wins last year I think. They drafted 3rd and while the CB looks like a beast I don’t know what they added to have them be better than the bears 
  • edited May 8
    Chinaski said:

It'll be a good test for both teams - the Lions to see if they shored up their horrendous defense last year and the Bears to see if they can get some offense going against what's probably an average at best defense. 

And yeah preseason predictions are such a joke. Last year I'm sure ESPN had the Browns going like 11-5 or something. It's all just a combination of how much hype a team has and how they did the previous year.  They also have the bears like 10 places higher than the lions in the power rankings, but having a worse record. 

Edit - I do still wonder if the Patriots will pick up Cam Newton. I know they caught lightning in a bottle with Brady in the 6th round, but who knows if they can do that twice (Jimmy G was a 2nd rounder after all), and I wouldn't be surprised if they want a plan B if it doesn't work out with Stidam. 
    Pretty slick. So Glad they went back to the originals with a modern twist...
    If I ever play madden and not as the bears franchise I almost always choose Rams cuz of the old school outfits.

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    @Hatorian A complaint that I have is the gradient numbers. I never have and never will like any kind of gradient on sports uniforms. Or any clothes in general. It looks like it’s faded, and not on purpose.
    ChinaskiHatorian
    Noel said:
    @Hatorian A complaint that I have is the gradient numbers. I never have and never will like any kind of gradient on sports uniforms. Or any clothes in general. It looks like it’s faded, and not on purpose.
    that's my biggest complaint. hate that gradient look on those blue jerseys. at least the whites number is solid blue (pants are lame tho). the helmets work though.
    Noel
  • Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    that's my biggest complaint. hate that gradient look on those blue jerseys. at least the whites number is solid blue (pants are lame tho). the helmets work though.
    Looks like the Word Art titles I used to put on my papers in middle school lol. 
    Chinaski