NFL 20/21

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    this should be interesting... if there's a season of course :|

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    @Chinaski Two things: I still don’t think this puts them in the same class as Chiefs/Ravens. I mean it could, Cam is capable of being an elite QB but it’s been so long since his MVP season. 

Also: I’m with you man. I hate how the NFL is just going about business so casually. With the resources they have, they could be putting a plan together but I’ve heard nothing. C’mon man, you’re the league with the biggest advantage: time to prepare. Doesn’t seem like anything is going on.
    CoryMrXChinaski
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Noel said:

Also: I’m with you man. I hate how the NFL is just going about business so casually. With the resources they have, they could be putting a plan together but I’ve heard nothing. C’mon man, you’re the league with the biggest advantage: time to prepare. Doesn’t seem like anything is going on.

The players union is strongly warning against even group practices right now, What if one starting offensive lineman tests positive at the end of the preseason? Is everyone from that game quarantined? The teams they played the week before? There is such an insane amount of money involved that nobody is going to pull the plug until their hand is forced but it feels inevitable. NFL players aren't disposable in the same way the rest of the American work force is, if even one or two high profile players end up in the ICU there is going to be a massive backlash.
    Noel
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Patriots felt the need to cheat by videotaping the 2 worst teams in the league??? Wtf is wrong with them and why is the draft pick fine only a 3rd rounder? Usually when a criminal is a repeat offender their punishment goes up not down
  • I kind of assumed the Pats would try Cam. If he's his old self after recovery, great, you got him for a decent price, and if he's bad, the deal's incentives are high so you don't spend that much. 

Also, it's a great way to sell tickets and interest after your most famous player ever went to another team. 
    Cam to the patriots feels like one of those bullshit how did they get this guy moves, but he definitely wouldn't sign this kind of deal if he wasn't going to be starting and he wasn't going to get that anywhere else. Chicago would have been fun but they made their move way before the deal the pats got with Cam was on the table and they can't just roll the dice on his health now after what they gave up for Foles. 
    Bears are going to give Mitch the first 2 games At least. If they go 0-2 it’s Foles time. 
  • With everything goin on Ive been out of the loop, but to the Tennessee Titans 

HAHA SUCKERS - Cheezburger - Funny Memes
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Wow. Ten year extension for Mahomes. Ten years! I wonder what kind of numbers we’re going to see.
    Noel said:
    Wow. Ten year extension for Mahomes. Ten years! I wonder what kind of numbers we’re going to see.

This is probably great for the Chiefs. Dude is the most valuable asset in football right now so this probably works out better for them than paying market price every 3 or so years. This will probably be somewhere around 500 million and be worth it the whole time. It'll be interesting to see how much is guaranteed and what outs they have for injury.
    Noel
    Its a smart move. Cap going up, QBs more expensive. This will allow the team to fill holes behind him in later years. Only issues, major injury, team becomes so bad he wants out, athleticism declines while pay goes up. Etc 

No ties to cap increases, could be a big win for KC if the cap continues to increase like it has.
  • Hatorian said:
    Its a smart move. Cap going up, QBs more expensive. This will allow the team to fill holes behind him in later years. Only issues, major injury, team becomes so bad he wants out, athleticism declines while pay goes up. Etc 
    Even if you get 6-7 good years out of him and 3 terrible ones it's STILL worth it cause he's so good. 
  • Being a Chiefs fan for 30 years, Mahomes is worth every penny of that contract. 
    Noel
    Trubisky was still the right pick at 2....just watch....I don’t care if I’m going down To an icy grave on the Trubanic....haha ;)
    NaugustineNoelChinaski
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Hatorian said:
    Trubisky was still the right pick at 2....just watch....I don’t care if I’m going down To an icy grave on the Trubanic....haha ;)

NoelHatorianChinaskicdrive
    Hatorian said:
    Stranger Things - Crazy Together Mike  Will 1 I asked if you
    HatorianNoelcdrive
  • Tangentially NFL related, but I really like this response by Julian Edelman to Desean Jackson:

I've never liked any Patriots players, but I really respect this statement.

NoelChinaski
  • Pats already have a bunch of players opting out this season, including Dont'a Hightower and Patrick Chung. Their defense was the main thing going for them going into this year, that's gonna leave some big holes. If there is a season at all that is!
  • Unless they adopt the bubble (which will be REALLY HARD for the NFL given roster and staff sizes - I've been saying for weeks the only way to do it would be to have division-only play and each division in their own bubble, then a playoff bubble for each division and a super bowl bubble, all with 2 week quarantine in between), there's no way there's a season this year. 
    MrX
  • Pats are tanking for Trevor Lawrence spectacularly.
    MrX

• asmallcat said:
    Unless they adopt the bubble (which will be REALLY HARD for the NFL given roster and staff sizes - I've been saying for weeks the only way to do it would be to have division-only play and each division in their own bubble, then a playoff bubble for each division and a super bowl bubble, all with 2 week quarantine in between), there's no way there's a season this year. 

"Sources: Zero NBA players have tested positive for coronavirus out of 344 tested at Orlando campus since last results were announced July 20. Consecutive testing rounds where no new player has tested positive."

Chinaski
    MrX said:
    Pats already have a bunch of players opting out this season, including Dont'a Hightower and Patrick Chung. Their defense was the main thing going for them going into this year, that's gonna leave some big holes. If there is a season at all that is!
    Bears most underrated player on the team just opted out. Eddie Goldman doesn’t get the stats that make him a household name but he’s plays such a critical part on the D line that allows guys like Mack and Hicks to beast out. This will hurt. 
    Chinaski
  • nstinson said:
    Pats are tanking for Trevor Lawrence spectacularly.

"of course Dont'a, think of your family ... we'll be just fine"

Chinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    There's been a lot of years in Buffalo when watching people lighting themselves on fire from jumping on to burning tables while covered in ketchup was FAR more entertaining than the games!
    Chinaski said:
    There's been a lot of years in Buffalo when watching people lighting themselves on fire from jumping on to burning tables while covered in ketchup was FAR more entertaining than the games!
    oh i was there 3 years ago and saw it first hand. quite possibly one of the greatest tailgating experiences ever for me. some of the wildest most fun fans i have ever been around. i had a very good time in Buffalo overall, the people and food were great!
    CretanBull
  • Chinaski said:
    This line from the article

"but once inside, fans will enjoy food, booze and all the sanitizer they can squirt."

Makes me wonder how long it will be till someone chugs sanitizer mistaking it for booze lol. 
    Chinaski
  • Let's gooooo! I'll always love Tom but objectively Cam is way more fun to root for.

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    The Cowboys are losing what was supposed to be their starting safety a week before the season starts. Classic. :|
    Chinaski