NFL 20/21

Comments

• Noel said:
    MrX said:
    I wish the Pats pulled off the comeback but holy shit Russ v Cam was amazing!!
    Yeah, that was a GREAT game. Maybe even a SB preview, although it’s way too early for that.

Yea I still wouldn't bet on the Pats to take out the Chiefs and/or Ravens. But this is just week 2 of the Cam in New England experiment after a weird off-season, I'm excited to see what they can do this year.
    Noel

• Everyone else in this bullshit division is gonna go 12-4. Brutal year.

• @MrX wow that's insane. 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Man, are we gonna see a lawsuit come from this? I wonder if/how the player’s union will get involved. What a crazy story!
  • Little late but RIP Gale Sayers. He was incredible. 

Also mccrafrey out now. Who’s next?
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    dang, had to bench the biscuit :(

and in good news.. BIG DICK NICK!
    Hatorian
  • Newbie question...

How does the NHL make its schedule?  There are only 16 games so not everyone can play each other, so how do they determine who plays who and whether a game is at home or on the road?  Is it possible for particular teams to go years without facing each other?
    Newbie question...

How does the NHL make its schedule?  There are only 16 games so not everyone can play each other, so how do they determine who plays who and whether a game is at home or on the road?  Is it possible for particular teams to go years without facing each other?
    i'll try to do my best ,but it may sound rather confusing (which it really isn't).

there are 2 conferences (the NFC & AFC). within those conferences there are 4 divisions (East, West, North, South). every division has 4 teams. so each year a team plays every team within their division twice (one home and one away). so that's 6 of the 16 games. they also play every team from one of the divisions in the other conference (for example the Bears (who are in the NFC North) play the AFC South this year). so that's 4 more games making 10 of the 16. now the remaining 6 games are 6 random teams that are in that teams conference. as far as deciding home and away each team gets 8 home and 8 away games. that's kind of determined by the schedule makers.

and to answer your last question, yeah it's very possible 2 teams can go years without facing each other.
    CretanBull
    and assuming you meant 'NFL' not 'NHL' ;)
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 27
    Chinaski said:
    and assuming you meant 'NFL' not 'NHL' ;)
    Ha!  Yeah....I've always got hockey on my mind :)

Edit: and thanks for the explanation!
    Chinaski
  • Well..a win is a win. 
  • I Guess it’s that’s time huh....

Doctor_Nick
  • At this point I hope JJ Watts breaks Cousins arm next game and we go 0-16 and can draft Trevor Lawrence. The Vikes showed some of their talent yesterday but I feel like we won't be going anywhere near the Superbowl with Cousins as our QB. He's too expensive to be able to surround him with talent and an offensive line that car protect him and also have a competent defense that can keep us afloat. 

I was pretty bummed when we let both Keenum and Bridgewater walk to sign Cousins, who was at the time a mediocre QB. I really wonder where the Vikes would be right now if Bridgewater never got injured like he did. 
    awookiee said:
    At this point I hope JJ Watts breaks Cousins arm next game and we go 0-16 and can draft Trevor Lawrence. The Vikes showed some of their talent yesterday but I feel like we won't be going anywhere near the Superbowl with Cousins as our QB. He's too expensive to be able to surround him with talent and an offensive line that car protect him and also have a competent defense that can keep us afloat. 

I was pretty bummed when we let both Keenum and Bridgewater walk to sign Cousins, who was at the time a mediocre QB. I really wonder where the Vikes would be right now if Bridgewater never got injured like he did. 
    you're D has been pretty bad too. esp for a team that has a D minded HC, they have been getting lit up.
  • I guess Mahomes is tired about everyone talking about Russ cooking ... 239 yds, 3 passing TDs + 1 rushing TD in the first half!
    edited September 29
    MrX said:
    I guess Mahomes is tired about everyone talking about Russ cooking ... 239 yds, 3 passing TDs + 1 rushing TD in the first half!
    and Josh Allen balling out too. i still want to see that 'throw off'.
  • Did the Ravens think that was a playoff game? 
    Hatorian
    Did the Ravens think that was a playoff game? 
    the Chiefs did.
  • I don’t understand why they didn’t use Dobbins more. I also don’t understand that last series where KC was blitzing every play and leaving the flats wide open for a RB like Dobbins to catch and run. But no they split him out and went empty with no check down for the blitz
    bizmarkiefader
  • Hatorian said:
    I don’t understand why they didn’t use Dobbins more. I also don’t understand that last series where KC was blitzing every play and leaving the flats wide open for a RB like Dobbins to catch and run. But no they split him out and went empty with no check down for the blitz
    As someone who started Jackson, Dobbins, Andrews, and Brown and lost this week by 0.6 pts I agree
    Hatorian
  • Whelp Cam has COVID-19 ... So much for the big showdown with the Chiefs. Unless more of the Pats have it and they have to cancel the game.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Saints player who was on the plane tested positive too... this could unravel quickly
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    0-3 Texans vs 0-3 Vikings
    0-3 @cdrive vs 0-3 @CretanBull

:D 

ChinaskiNoelCretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    0-3 Texans vs 0-3 Vikings
    0-3 @cdrive vs 0-3 @CretanBull

:D 

Honestly I expected the Vikes to lose that game in typical Minnesota fashion.  I have to thank @Hatorian for drafting me a team that's led me to a  3-1 start to the season. 
    cdrive
  • It auto drafted but I’ll take the credit anyways
  • Hatorian said:
    It auto drafted but I’ll take the credit anyways
    Fair enough. Next year I'll pay closer attention when the football season is kicking off and keep an eye out for the league. 
  • Buffalo!  We're #1!! We're #1!! We're #1*

(*until a field goal is required in the Super Bowl)
    Noel
  • Buffalo!  We're #1!! We're #1!! We're #1*

(*until a field goal is required in the Super Bowl)
    Diggs' big catch was phenomenal yesterday. I know Justin Jefferson is looking good a couple games in for the Vikings but I'll forever miss Diggs. He's a bit of a drama queen but the dude can ball with the best of them when he's given the opportunity. Aka Buffalo's offensive line can protect Allen long enough for Diggs to shine whereas the Vikings offensive line is about as bad as they come.