“Perry Mason” on HBO starring Matthew Rhys premiering June 21st

If they do this right I could be so down for a period piece film noir adaptation of this character. Also, I greatly miss Matthew Rhys on my television. 

Hollyoaktom_gshakabry

Comments

• I will be tuning in - looks great!
  • Wow.  That looks like Mickey Spillane's Perry Mason.  
    Dee
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    very in.
  • HollyoakHollyoak Baltimore
    At first it seemed kind of weird but then I realized its HBO and it always has a degree of high quality to their shows. 
    I do like Matthew Rhys a lot.
  • If Jim and Aron ever do a podcast about this the video should be in black and white and they should wear trench coats
  • Looks great! John Lithgow! I'm in.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Wow.  That looks like Mickey Spillane's Perry Mason.  
    Yeah, I am definitely going to watch, but I saw very little lawyering. I am down though.
    DeeElisa
  • JimJim
    edited April 18
    I love Matthew Rhys and the trailer looks good but I have no affinity for Perry Mason as a character. (He's a little before my time) It'll have to either get some really good buzz or be one of the only things available to watch for me to check it out. The release date makes me think there's a good possibility of the latter though.
    Elisa
  • Jim said:
    I love Matthew Rhys and the trailer looks good but I have no affinity for Perry Mason as a character. (He's a little before my time) It'll have to either get some really good buzz or be one of the only things available to watch for me to check it out. The release date makes me think there's a good possibility of the latter though.
    If it helps, it would be another pretty great opportunity to wear a fedora
    JimKillert0astElisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Isn’t Perry Mason a lawyer? Why is he poncing around like a private detective?
    Elisa
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited April 19
    Yes, he was the archetype of the defense lawyer with I believe the trope of the special surprise testimony he elicits that changed everything near the end of the episode. He also has a loyal secretary and a stalwart investigator.  Nothing of which seems to be in that one trailer I watched. 
  • edited April 19
    I think I saw someone say this is more based on the books than the older TV show.