Animal Crossing

Comments

• MichaelGMichaelG Seattle
    amyja89 said:

I've only done it twice so far, but I found that using the fish bait recipe saw me catch two fish that I hadn't caught before. And also fishing on the mystery islands that I've flown to have given me some newbies too.
    I used bait last week but didn’t seem to make much of a difference - I’ll give it a shot here again. I could google stuff but it’s a more fun to ask people or figure it out myself. Still haven’t left my island, I’ll do that soon too. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oooh just caught an oarfish using bait. That sucker sold for 9 grand, man! 
    MichaelGJaimieTweeniegirl
    edited April 19
    Well apparently fish bait is the way to go.

I donated that shit to the museum - I’m a philanthropist!
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    It scared the shit out of me when I caught the oarfish. That sucker is HUGE when all you've been catching is clown fish and horse mackerel.  :D
    cdriveCecilyweeniegirl
  • edited April 20
    Just sent a bunch of you all friend requests. Really loving the game. I made an art gallery in my house if anyone wants to see it. You can add me @ SW-2180-5546-9618
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Sent out a bunch of requests! This game hasn't really clicked with me yet, but it's fun seeing other islands. 

My code: 7818-9770-4100

@cdrive really excited to play with you, dad!
    cdrivenealCecilyFlukesweeniegirl
    JaimieT said:
    Sent out a bunch of requests! This game hasn't really clicked with me yet, but it's fun seeing other islands. 

Lol does it really say Dad?! I thought it just said that locally. Ok let me change so I'm not everyone's Dad.
    CecilyJaimieTFlukes
    cdrive said:
    JaimieT said:

Lol does it really say Dad?! I thought it just said that locally. Ok let me change so I'm not everyone's Dad.
    For a second I did get confused and think my actual dad had somehow procured a Switch and started playing.  :D
    cdriveMichaelG
    omg so embarassing y'all.  1st thing I do when I get home for lunch is changing it! 
    nealFlukes
    Okaaay game has clicked! I just needed to push through a little. I like how you can't level fast and have to take your time with it.
    amyja89MichaelGcdriveCecily
  • New update coming Thursday with some familiar old faces (ROVER!) and some events that look much better than the Bunny Day event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZyexo-ziA
    CecilyJaimieTcdrivedarwinfeeshyweeniegirl
    Is there are way to plant flowers by putting said flower in a bury hole? Like you can do with the fruit? All I've experienced so far is having to dig up the entire stems, or pick a flower that you can then only wear or lay down in a vase. I wish you could just do it like you can do fruit!
    edited April 21
    The bunny day event was totally uninteresting to me! Kind of a bad way to start the game. This looks sweet. I LOVE the art gallery! Omg omg omg *river of tears emoji*

@Cecily I'm down for musical chairs!
    Flukes
    JaimieT said:
    The bunny day event was totally uninteresting to me! Kind of a bad way to start the game. This looks sweet. I LOVE the art gallery! Omg omg omg *river of tears emoji*
    Yea bunny day was the worst - but I did make a lot of money. If you craft the eggs you sell the stuff for twice the profit. 
    @MichaelG Yeah I was unable to even get to my whole fucking island. Bad timing to give such a huge thing to a newbie. 
    MichaelG
    edited April 21
    @amyja89 I have almost no experience in this game - I didn’t know you couldn’t transplant flowers like trees either. But, you can buy Flower seeds from Timmy/Tommy. 
    amyja89
    Can anyone enlighten me on etiquette for visiting islands or hosting visitors? Any big no nos or common practices? I imagine just don’t take shit without asking? 
    edited April 21
    I'm getting nothing but "Drumsticks" every time I try to come visit you guys.  Am I not doing this right? Do we need to share Dodo codes or do we just need to all make a point to leave all our airport gates open when we play?

I want to show you guys the devil worship site I made in the woods!  Come hail Satan with me!  >:)
    Flukes
    @cdrive As dads do
    cdrive
    MichaelG said:
    @cdrive As dads do
    Hey now... dost thou want to live... deliciously?  
    Feel free to come to my island, get that friend request, and skedaddle! I won't think you're rude. I want to send mail to people!
    MichaelGcdriveCecily
    What do you guys do with all your fruit? I’ve just been stockpiling oranges - is it best practice to sell most of them? 

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    MichaelG said:
    What do you guys do with all your fruit? I’ve just been stockpiling oranges - is it best practice to sell most of them? 

For your native fruit its pretty much sell them or give them to someone who it isn't their native fruit. With the ones I don't have on my island you occasionally get on the nook miles islands, I plant a couple of them as trees and sell those as they grow cause those fruits sell for significantly more on your island.
    MichaelG
    3rd cast using fish bait from the dock and I got this monster! 

And I cannot figure out why pics from phones turn sideways when they post - lol.
    cdrivedarwinfeeshyCecily
    edited April 21
    When ya'll are on ya need to open up your islands for visitors! 

@cdrive Ahhh we're on the same page. 
    MichaelGCecily
    JaimieT said:

I open mine up at night, my play is too sporadic during the day with interruptions with work/family to make it practical
    JaimieT said:

See!?  Yes!  Right before you get your grind on, open up that gate!  
    MichaelG said:
    JaimieT said:

I open mine up at night, my play is too sporadic during the day with interruptions with work/family to make it practical
    Cool cool.  I'm going to try to be on at 6 pm CST...
    edited April 22
    Hey @JaimieT thanks for the creepy “FOUND!” Annie doll you mailed.  Maybe I’ll put it next to my seance site in the woods.  I need to connect my Facebook to my switch to get our fishing pic, but it’s coming. Will post eventually.

That was fun! Jaimie’s island was the first I ever visited amongst friends, now best fwenz! I was iffy on the ethics of coming in and raiding all the resources so I shared some of my fish bait and we made some fish appear. Good stuff! 
    JaimieT
    cdrive said:
    Hey @JaimieT thanks for the creepy “FOUND!” Annie doll you mailed.  Maybe I’ll put it next to my seance site in the woods.  I need to connect my Facebook to my switch to get our fishing pic, but it’s coming. Will post eventually.

That was fun! Jaimie’s island was the first I ever visited amongst friends, now best fwenz! I was iffy on the ethics of coming in and raiding all the resources so I shared some of my fish bait and we made some fish appear. Good stuff! 

Did you GET resources? I had mined it all earlier that day. Interesting if the game gave you some.

Yeah, this is allllll about game mail. I have Big Plans.