Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited April 22
    How does one open up the gate?  :#

EDIT: Sorted. Open to pillagers!
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    edited April 22
    MichaelG said:
    What do you guys do with all your fruit? I’ve just been stockpiling oranges - is it best practice to sell most of them? 

I have a couple of recipes for my native fruit, so just like bunny day eggs, I collect, craft, sell; collect, craft, sell.
    MichaelG
    cdrive said:
    I'm getting nothing but "Drumsticks" every time I try to come visit you guys.  Am I not doing this right? Do we need to share Dodo codes or do we just need to all make a point to leave all our airport gates open when we play?

I want to show you guys the devil worship site I made in the woods!  Come hail Satan with me!  >:)
    I have been playing a lot while Jim and A.Ron record, so I could need to stop and go offline at any moment so I feel bad opening my gates.  When I am playing in the evenings I will try to open my gate more so we can all become best friends!  Once we get the initial visits over with I assume it becomes easier to communicate good times to visit each other!
    JaimieTcdrive
    Anyone have rare flowers?  I have hyacinths, windflowers, tulips, and pansies.  I'm looking to expand my garden.  Also, I have *all* fruits now if anyone needs anything.

Secondly, I am throwing @alexisonpaper to the wolves by saying get your ass in this forum thread!

N E W  F R I E N D S

cdrive
  • Cecily said:
    Anyone have rare flowers?  I have hyacinths, windflowers, tulips, and pansies.  I'm looking to expand my garden.  Also, I have *all* fruits now if anyone needs anything.

Secondly, I am throwing @alexisonpaper to the wolves by saying get your ass in this forum thread!

N E W  F R I E N D S

FORUMS

how do they even work. And how did you know calling me out would get me to comment??
    JaimieTCecily
  • My island is basic and my schedule isn’t even a little reliable, but if I ever feel like opening up my gates to apple thieves I’ll let y’all know. I’m weeks away from terraforming.
    MichaelG
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I visited @amyja89 today so that was cool!  Now 2 best friends! Tomorrow I’ll have my bridge and 3 visitor houses built so that’s about how far along I am.  
    cdrive said:
    I visited @amyja89 today so that was cool!  Now 2 best friends! Tomorrow I’ll have my bridge and 3 visitor houses built so that’s about how far along I am.  
    Yaaas best frenz!
    cdrive
    I'm having a great time completing the tasks that get set, I love it when there is a goal to complete. It's a little bit more overwhelming when I've got time to fill and I start thinking about what I should be doing design wise with the rest of the island. It's the same problem I used to have with the Sims, not enough imagination!
    CecilyJaimieTMichaelG
    amyja89 said:
    I'm having a great time completing the tasks that get set, I love it when there is a goal to complete. It's a little bit more overwhelming when I've got time to fill and I start thinking about what I should be doing design wise with the rest of the island. It's the same problem I used to have with the Sims, not enough imagination!
    Couldn't agree more, I like goals.  Yesterday K.K. Slider came to my island and played a concert while the credits rolled, and my heart dropped a bit...did I just...beat the game?  I didn't even know that was possible?  Will there be more to this or am I just maintaining now?  I like the real-world timed events to keep us going.

This is also one of those opportunities where I don't feel bad for ripping off other ideas.  I spend a bit less time every day perusing r/animalcrossing and r/acqr to steal other's ideas, I mean, gather inspiration.  I'm going to take a bit of this idea, mix it with a bit of that idea, and a dash of this theme, and then boom, it's all my own.  I don't know, it's my first AC game and there has been zero negative side effects of this fandom, it's so wholesome, so I've just wrapped myself up in it completely.
    JaimieTamyja89Mofojones333weeniegirl
  • I’ll be on for a while tonight before the Star Trek watch party.

I want to meet with and add everyone I haven’t yet in game.  Everyone is invited so if you see me on, my gates are open!
    CecilyMofojones333
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Somebody in another thread said this is about gardening. I’ve been tricked hahaha
    Flukes
  • MichaelGMichaelG Seattle
    edited April 23
    Alexis said:
    My island is basic and my schedule isn’t even a little reliable, but if I ever feel like opening up my gates to apple thieves I’ll let y’all know. I’m weeks away from terraforming.

Mine is basic af too - but I am getting on this evening and going to leave my island open. Take what you want (each according to their need) but please leave it better than you found it. Also I have no idea what I’m doing. Also give me all your moneys. 

Edit - Gates are open. Drumsticks for visiting others right meow.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Guys. All I want to do, in this game, is send mail to people. That's it. You're doing yourself a disservice not to be best friends with me, just sayin'.

Tonight I'm going to be grinding for money, trying to keep up with my wild lifestyle.... of sending mail.
    amyja89cdriveCecily
    JaimieT said:
    Guys. All I want to do, in this game, is send mail to people. That's it. You're doing yourself a disservice not to be best friends with me, just sayin'.

Tonight I'm going to be grinding for money, trying to keep up with my wild lifestyle.... of sending mail.
    Hey - I was on for like 3 hours last night! 
    JaimieT
    MichaelG said:
    JaimieT said:

Hey - I was on for like 3 hours last night! 

But they were doing maintenance!
    I'll probably be on again this evening late PST - the arena will be wide open. 
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    Hi guys! So excited more people got in on Animal Crossing. My husband set it up as a family game for the three of us and made the mistake of making our kindergartener the lead player, so I can welcome you all to Pizza Isle. Turns out that our son thinks the game is pretty boring compared to various Mario adventures, so he doesn’t want to play much. We discovered a few weeks in that this means we have to log in as him and do stuff to advance the game, because Tom Nook will only let the main player start municipal building projects and other expansions. 

I’ll post my friend code when I get on later. It’s usually in the evening, after 7:30 est.
    JaimieTcdrive
  • Cecily said:
    Hahah@JaimieT inspired me to make some Bald Move QR codes
    YOU’RE SO GOOD AT ANIMAL CROSSING! 

I literally just figured out today that if you dig a hole first you can plant things more accurately. You know, like in real life? Good god. 
    CecilyFlukes
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 24
    Visited Tay and Cecily’s islands this afternoon (new best friends!) Impressive and inspiring islands. Thanks for the new fruit,Tay, and the new flowers, Cecily! 

Edit: and Mofojones! Hi five, besties. 
    JaimieTMofojones333Cecily
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    Yeah, me too. Y'alls islands are so awesome! Thanks to both of you for all my new goodies.
    All I wanna do right now is make a lovely fruit orchard with nice paving, but I can't do that until I have the full island editing app.  :s
    JaimieTFlukes
    I really want more furniture options. The lack of good furniture in week 1-2 (and more?) is killing me.
    amyja89Cecily
    JaimieT said:
    I really want more furniture options. The lack of good furniture in week 1-2 (and more?) is killing me.
    I've been quite lucky with getting some cool furniture falling from trees when I shake them. And from helping Wisp get all his spirit pieces back together at night.
    JaimieT
  • JaimieT said:
    If you aren’t doing this already, I recommend visiting your residents any time you see that they’re inside their home.  

I walked in on Alli at their crafting table, talked to them, and they gave me the recipe for the ironwood dresser. Which I had been hunting for since day 1 so I could finally craft the IRONWOOD KITCHENETTE. I actually dropped my switch on the bed and yelled I was that excited.
    JaimieTcdriveCecily
  • Long time lurker on the board and literally posting my first post because I am about to get majorly screwed on turnips. I can’t believe my first post will be related to ACNH but could someone please let me know if your turnips are being sold for 90+ so I can get rid of them before they go bad?
    slshap said:
    Long time lurker on the board and literally posting my first post because I am about to get majorly screwed on turnips. I can’t believe my first post will be related to ACNH but could someone please let me know if your turnips are being sold for 90+ so I can get rid of them before they go bad?

Sorry, 48.
    neal said:
    JaimieT said:
    If you aren’t doing this already, I recommend visiting your residents any time you see that they’re inside their home.  

I walked in on Alli at their crafting table, talked to them, and they gave me the recipe for the ironwood dresser. Which I had been hunting for since day 1 so I could finally craft the IRONWOOD KITCHENETTE. I actually dropped my switch on the bed and yelled I was that excited.

I have the worst neighbors. Just now I walked in on my mouse and he said, "Oh, do you like this WOODEN TABLE? I don't use it much, except it's a good spot to read a book." They know.
    nealCecily
  • JaimieT said:
    neal said:
    JaimieT said:

I have the worst neighbors. Just now I walked in on my mouse and he said, "Oh, do you like this WOODEN TABLE? I don't use it much, except it's a good spot to read a book." They know.
    Finally got them sold by randomly going to islands I found on twitter. Sold them for 122. 

We should start a daily update of turnip prices so that people don’t end up like me next week.
    JaimieT