Animal Crossing

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Other tip I just saw re: furniture... You can go to other people's islands, pick up the furniture item, drop it again, then it shows up in the Nook catalog.

Turnips tomorrow!
    cdriveCecilyMofojones333
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Bald Movers, you sunsuvbitches I'm in.

SW-8236-8861-1217

I even remembered to change my name from "Dad"
    cdriveCecilyFreddy
    @Flukes the turnip market brought you in, didn't it?

Me:

FlukesCecilyMmmBop
    JaimieT said:

Me:

I just bought some turnips for 97 bells. What kind of return should I be looking for?
    MmmBop
    Flukes said:
    JaimieT said:

Me:

I just bought some turnips for 97 bells. What kind of return should I be looking for?

What is your play style? Are you just chilling, or are you min-maxing?

The middle way will be to see what other Bald Movers are pulling. It's more likely they will have a better price than your island. Then you can travel there and profit!
    edited April 26
    JaimieT said:
    Flukes said:
    JaimieT said:

Me:

The middle way will be to see what other Bald Movers are pulling. It's more likely they will have a better price than your island. Then you can travel there and profit!
    Definitely casual. It's my wife's island - I just love there.

Edit: "live" but I'm leaving it
    Flukes said:
    JaimieT said:
    Flukes said:
    JaimieT said:

Me:

Definitely casual. It's my wife's island - I just love there.

Edit: "live" but I'm leaving it

Cool. Well, it's random. The prices change 2x a day, at noon. Someone more experienced than me could tell you what a good price is. Anything over 200 is good I think? If casual, maybe sell over 130 to be safe. Obviously Google has a lot more information about this.
    Flukes
  • Meteor shower on my island right now. Gonna leave it open for about an hour, maybe more. Feel free to do whatever. I won't be actively playing though, just checking in from time to time.
    edited April 27
    Christian said:
    Meteor shower on my island right now. Gonna leave it open for about an hour, maybe more. Feel free to do whatever. I won't be actively playing though, just checking in from time to time.

Boooo I'm playing a Zoom RP game or I would.
  • sorry if anyone was on my island right now. My switch fell asleep. I'll leave it open for another 2 hours or so, why not.
    Christian said:
    sorry if anyone was on my island right now. My switch fell asleep. I'll leave it open for another 2 hours or so, why not.

I got like 33!!! Thank you!
    Christian
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Started making an organised orchard for my fruit trees, hopefully will add a line of money trees too when I end up with enough. It was bigger than I thought and was going to need to go through my house, so I've relocated the house to the top of a lonely cliff. Isolated introvert goals.  :D
    JaimieTCecilyFlukes
    amyja89 said:
    Started making an organised orchard for my fruit trees, hopefully will add a line of money trees too when I end up with enough. It was bigger than I thought and was going to need to go through my house, so I've relocated the house to the top of a lonely cliff. Isolated introvert goals.  :D

That orchard is #goals for me! Nice. 
    amyja89
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Soooo I got busy yesterday and didn't play until like 11:30pm.  Oops.  I just don't think I'm going to invest in the turnip game, it's not clicking with me.  However!  I'll still check the prices and let y'all know if I see anything good throughout the week!  
    WarpFoxJaimieT
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    JaimieT said:
    Other tip I just saw re: furniture... You can go to other people's islands, pick up the furniture item, drop it again, then it shows up in the Nook catalog.

Turnips tomorrow!
    I saw where people are organizing "Catalog Events" on their islands where they invite a bunch of people to come with their pockets full of stuff they've bought in their store. Everyone drops all of their items in a designated space and then goes around picking up and dropping everyone else's stuff to get it added to their own catalog for purchase. Might be cool to organize one of these here.
    CecilyFlukes
    Found this open source project that helps predict turnip prices throughout the week based on the known patterns as you input the prices you see. This can help you know if you're facing a decreasing trend and need to sell early to minimize losses or help you find where a spike may occur.

https://turnipprophet.io/

It's a neat project - I just contributed a bug fix. :)
    JaimieT
    You know the Park Place in McDonald's Monopoly? That's any ironwood recipe in this game.

Cecily
    edited April 27
    Flukes said:
    Found this open source project that helps predict turnip prices throughout the week based on the known patterns as you input the prices you see. This can help you know if you're facing a decreasing trend and need to sell early to minimize losses or help you find where a spike may occur.

https://turnipprophet.io/

It's a neat project - I just contributed a bug fix. :)

I KNEW to ask your play style. I knew you could turn on a dime like this, fucking Wingspan quiet-but-industrious player. MVP with this link. (AND bug fixes.)
    Flukes
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I love that sketchy Fox talking about friend prices and hawking counterfeit art off his shitty boat. I bet that dude has some other operations he's running out of the back room of that boat. Real convenient he's shipping large statues and crates of "art" back and forth from the island. Nook is using those millions you give him to run his grow operation under the town hall. I wonder if the Dodos are in on it.
    Cecily
    I got my first inspiration today for decorating. If anyone has candles, let me know! I have the single candles in the metal holder... I'd love JUST a candle, anything that looks more natural/simple.
  • edited April 28
    JaimieT said:
    I got my first inspiration today for decorating. If anyone has candles, let me know! I have the single candles in the metal holder... I'd love JUST a candle, anything that looks more natural/simple.
    I can craft bamboo candle holders.
    JaimieT
  • amyja89 said:
    hopefully will add a line of money trees too when I end up with enough.
    Just a heads up, money trees only produce bells once. After that they turn into normal trees.

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    amyja89 said:
    hopefully will add a line of money trees too when I end up with enough.
    Just a heads up, money trees only produce bells once. After that they turn into normal trees.

Ah, good to know! Thanks!
    darwinfeeshy
    JaimieT said:
    You know the Park Place in McDonald's Monopoly? That's any ironwood recipe in this game.

Allow me to make an introduction. This is my uncle, Jerry.
    JaimieTdarwinfeeshy
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    Hi everyone, I bought a switch lite, my first ever console for anything so I’m pretty new at gaming. Bought AC as a friend on twitter said it might suit me. 
    Long story short, I love it. Only have 1 friend though. I have all the fruit ( I think ) I don’t however have those cherry blossom trees. My island is not great as I’m learning.
    My friend code is :SW-0419-0374-7801

Thanks- I’m in UK btw.
    FlukesJaimieTdarwinfeeshyCecily
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Goodness gracious.  You'd think it was Christmas morning with the way my kids jumped out of bed at 6:50 AM to run to their switch this morning.  "WE GOT ISABELLE! WE GOT ISABELLE!"   :D
    FlukesMmmBopCecily
    JaimieT said:
    I can craft bamboo candle holders.

I looked those up. Those are nice.

You know, nothing is beating the romantic image of the single white candle melting wax, so I'll probably stick with the white candles in their holders for now... I don't like the holders, but at least I get white wax.
    darwinfeeshy
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    @JaimieT Thank you for friend add. I did leave gate open ( sounds sketchy lol) anyhow I’m not sure of friend etiquette yet, do I visit- do you? But I’m going to eat shortly. If anyone can explain friends thing. Thanks. 
    JaimieT
    MmmBop said:
    @JaimieT Thank you for friend add. I did leave gate open ( sounds sketchy lol) anyhow I’m not sure of friend etiquette yet, do I visit- do you? But I’m going to eat shortly. If anyone can explain friends thing. Thanks. 

I don't know etiquette either. I think we are just kind of visiting whoever is available. I don't have any rules on my island, except don't do anything irreversible. Resources are up for grabs. 

I'll see if you're on later today!
    MmmBop
    Well, I got going on my various projects today. It's down to the simple island life after some high stakes tarantula and turnip interests.

But my turnip room is still my favorite spot on the island. I added a safe. It looks so cool. The wallpaper...