Animal Crossing

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I don't have the online service so I can't visit peoples islands, so what are some projects you guys have going for inspiration? Right now our main thing is we're building a theme park at the top right of the island loosely going for a Disneyland vibe. I wanted to make that big robot to put there but I don't see that happening after looking at the crafting requirements.
    Flukes
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    I loved your island & laughed at your fav room, my fav thing was your little hoover, so cute. hahaha was scared to take hardly anything, so just took 3 cherries .JaimieT said:
    MmmBop said:
    @JaimieT Thank you for friend add. I did leave gate open ( sounds sketchy lol) anyhow I’m not sure of friend etiquette yet, do I visit- do you? But I’m going to eat shortly. If anyone can explain friends thing. Thanks. 

I don't know etiquette either. I think we are just kind of visiting whoever is available. I don't have any rules on my island, except don't do anything irreversible. Resources are up for grabs. 

I'll see if you're on later today!

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    MmmBop said:
    I loved your island & laughed at your fav room, my fav thing was your little hoover, so cute. hahaha was scared to take hardly anything, so just took 3 cherries .JaimieT said:
    MmmBop said:
    @JaimieT Thank you for friend add. I did leave gate open ( sounds sketchy lol) anyhow I’m not sure of friend etiquette yet, do I visit- do you? But I’m going to eat shortly. If anyone can explain friends thing. Thanks. 

I don't know etiquette either. I think we are just kind of visiting whoever is available. I don't have any rules on my island, except don't do anything irreversible. Resources are up for grabs. 

I'll see if you're on later today!

Yes that was fun! I took a few of your mums at the back of your island, but they'll grow back in 2 days so I figured it was cool. Love your black tulip!
    JaimieT said: Yeah that’s cool. I think my one other friend sent me the black tulip. Is there a way to regrow more? I can then send you some. Btw- where do the cherry blossom trees come from? I left my gates open earlier for Christian or anyone to enter. Have closed them now as it’s bedtime in UK. My son said if I’d have known you would be this quiet, he would have bought me the switch years ago
    JaimieT
    MmmBop said:
    JaimieT said: Yeah that’s cool. I think my one other friend sent me the black tulip. Is there a way to regrow more? I can then send you some. Btw- where do the cherry blossom trees come from? I left my gates open earlier for Christian or anyone to enter. Have closed them now as it’s bedtime in UK. My son said if I’d have known you would be this quiet, he would have bought me the switch years ago

I don't know anything about cherry blossoms, sorry!

The black flowers are rare so don't think of sending me one! Grow those for yourself! I'll figure it out... somehow.

If anyone sees the KK Sonata record in their Nook store, I NEED IT I WANTS IT.
    Flukes
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited April 29
    What kinds of things did y'all do to get your island rating up for the getting KK Slider to perform mission? Not having the ability to mark out paving is really stumping me for organisation and design ideas!
    JaimieTdarwinfeeshy
    Agreed @amyja89. It feels pointless to plan anything before I can plan the roads. I'm going to be working towards that very soon. I just reached the point where it's required to proceed.

amyja89
  • edited April 29
    amyja89 said:
    What kinds of things did y'all do to get your island rating up for the getting KK Slider to perform mission? Not having the ability to mark out paving is really stumping me for organisation and design ideas!
    Plant flowers in the lower part of your island, make sure there are no weeds on the island, put up some fencing, get ~7 villagers to move to your island, put furniture around your island (the big things you can buy with nook miles help a lot).
    amyja89
    I'm all de-weeded, that's some real therapeutic shit lol. The flowers are really pissing me off, I don't have the patience for watering and arranging, I'm exactly the same in real life with any kind of plant.  :D

Yeah I guess I'll just dump some temporary items around the place from the catalogue, can throw them in storage for re-thinking when I can actually *plan plan*.
    darwinfeeshyMmmBop
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    An update on the Stalk Market:

I bought Turnips for 97b on Sunday. This morning, T&T are buying them for 63b. I would normally be concerned, but I have this graph to reassure me.

I know with some certainty that if I hold my Turnips until Friday afternoon, I'm will make at least a 30% profit on my investment which is pretty damn good.

JaimieTCecily
    edited April 29
    Flukes said:

I bought Turnips for 97b on Sunday. This morning, T&T are buying them for 63b. I would normally be concerned, but I have this graph to reassure me.

I know with some certainty that if I hold my Turnips until Friday afternoon, I'm will make at least a 30% profit on my investment which is pretty damn good.

Yeah I need to slow play this game more. I've been eyeing 500-600% profits, and it's been a bit daunting. I will probably do that this week, just to have done it, but it's not something I want to do long term.  (I'm really putting the 'active' in 'passive income.')

I do love the social aspect so it would be really fun if people would share their turnip prices here, if they're unusually good.  :D
    MmmBop
    I was so new to the game last week & wasn’t sure about the turnips. I bought 2k worth so that was 200 & sold them next day for 10k ( in bells) I don’t know if that’s winning in the turnip’ game or not
    JaimieT
    I sold off my 40 stack of turnips today for 1.7 million. Tipped the island owner 0.1 million, made a 421% profit. And I still have 28 more stacks! The pressure is off for these though. 
    FlukesMmmBopCecily
    JaimieT said: So I really should wait more than a day, yeah? I will know this week to buy more & wait.

I sold off my 40 stack of turnips today for 1.7 million. Tipped the island owner 0.1 million, made a 421% profit. And I still have 28 more stacks! The pressure is off for these though. 

MmmBop said:
    JaimieT said: So I really should wait more than a day, yeah? I will know this week to buy more & wait.

Hmmm, no, it sounds like you got a great price. More than 500. I believe that's extremely rare.
    MmmBop
    JaimieT said: Thanks, at least I’m on right track and totally addicted to this game. I got my campsite *whoohoo”
    JaimieT
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    JaimieT said:
    Flukes said:

Yeah I need to slow play this game more. I've been eyeing 500-600% profits, and it's been a bit daunting. I will probably do that this week, just to have done it, but it's not something I want to do long term.  (I'm really putting the 'active' in 'passive income.')

I do love the social aspect so it would be really fun if people would share their turnip prices here, if they're unusually good.  :D
    Yeah, I would say anything over 200 would be worth letting everyone know about. I didn't have a lot of bells on hand to put into the market this week, but I'll definitely be trying to increase my liquidity this weekend so I can make a bigger play.
    MmmBopJaimieT
    I gotta get into the turnip game. Here I am messing about picking up shells to scrape together 5k to finish construction on a fucking incline.  :s
    MmmBopFlukes
    edited April 29
    Same here I was fishing & catching bugs all day to get 93 bells for a bridge. A basic log style one. Tom Nook the crook. 

amyja89 said: 

I gotta get into the turnip game. Here I am messing about picking up shells to scrape together 5k to finish construction on a fucking incline.  :s

edited April 29
    amyja89 said:

This is probably the intended way to play the game though, honestly. (What you're doing, at our stage.) You can have some of my turnips, if you want? We're all in this together!
    JaimieT said:
    amyja89 said:

This is probably the intended way to play the game though, honestly. (What you're doing, at our stage.) You can have some of my turnips, if you want? We're all in this together!
    Sugar mama!  ;)

Tbh, I kind of like the grind, it's a great thing for listening to audiobooks and podcasts haha.
    JaimieTFlukes
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 29
    I'm intrigued with the turnip game now too.  At first I wasn't but today turnip prices were over $200 and just 4 days ago they were $47.  Shoulda woulda coulda, but next time they get around $50ish I'm going all in.  
    Flukes
    cdrive said:
    I'm intrigued with the turnip game now too.  At first I wasn't but today turnip prices were over $200 and just 4 days ago they were $47.  Shoulda woulda coulda, but next time they get around $50ish I'm going all in.  

By the way -- you can only buy turnips on Sunday morning.
    cdriveFlukes
    Gonna try some Tarantula Farming tonight after 7 since today is the last day before they leave AC.  I read up on this method and watched a video about it today.  Seems doable.  Gotta make that mon-ayy!
    JaimieT
    cdrive said:L
    Gonna try some Tarantula Farming tonight after 7 since today is the last day before they leave AC.  I read up on this method and watched a video about it today.  Seems doable.  Gotta make that mon-ayy!

That's how I made my money. Warning though, they altered spawn rates, and the addition of the water bug makes it a 3 hour project, not a 40 minute one.
    cdrive
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @cdrive and @JaimieT You can cause them to spawn?  How do I do that?  Can you recommend the video you watched?  

I saw a neat trick on causing Sturgeon to spawn when they were available last month and that was great while it lasted.

edited April 30
    Cecily said:
    @cdrive and @JaimieT You can cause them to spawn?  How do I do that?  Can you recommend the video you watched?  

I saw a neat trick on causing Sturgeon to spawn when they were available last month and that was great while it lasted.

Yes you can!   So @JaimieT I heard AC did not patch the Tarantula farming but it does take longer in April because of the water bug like you mentioned.  But heck man those things are 2 G's a pop so if I come back with 60% full on water bugs and 40% full on tarantulas then I'll be pretty happy.  I got my 4th row this week so I'm ready to load em up! 

@Cecily

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-make-a-tarantula-island-in-animal-crossing-/1100-6475594/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZKabOuMtU

Flukes
    cdrive said:
    Cecily said:

Yes you can!   So @JaimieT I heard AC did not patch the Tarantula farming but it does take longer in April because of the water bug like you mentioned.  But heck man those things are 2 G's a pop so if I come back with 60% full on water bugs and 40% full on tarantulas then I'll be pretty happy.  I got my 4th row this week so I'm ready to load em up! 

@Cecily

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-make-a-tarantula-island-in-animal-crossing-/1100-6475594/

Also re: April 30 as the last night, I think we're going to be okay with scorpions in May. I believe they will sell for the same, and spawn in a similar way. 

@Cecily I can't remember what I saw now. It was something on YouTube and there are a lot of videos. 

If either of you are having trouble, feel free to ask me questions! I've gotten pretty good at this.
    cdrive
    edited April 30
    JaimieT said:
    cdrive said:
    Cecily said:

@Cecily

Also re: April 30 as the last night, I think we're going to be okay with scorpions in May. I believe they will sell for the same, and spawn in a similar way. 

@Cecily I can't remember what I saw now. It was something on YouTube and there are a lot of videos. 

If either of you are having trouble, feel free to ask me questions! I've gotten pretty good at this.
    I like how when they get aggro you just freeze until they put their legs down again and then you creep closer.  Also I like the method where you dig 4 holes all around you and jump out.  Make a bunch of those spread out and then when they chase you then you run back and hop over one of these 4-hole safety areas.  Then just net them from inside the safety area.  Easier said than executed I bet so I might need to bug you.  Get it? Bug...you?   - Dad. 
    FlukesCecily