Westworld Renewed for Season 4

HBO just renewed Westworld for Season 4. What I think is the most surprising is that they are saying Westworld will run for 6 Seasons!!!!!!!

Source:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/westworld-renewed-season-4-at-hbo-1291307?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter 
Michellesamolly

Comments

• kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Not surprised. Even with viewership down, it is still the biggest thing HBO has going until a GoT spin off comes around. 
  • I know the guys have noted the weaker ratings live, but apparantly it's the doing really well on streaming the week after it airs. I'm excited for this because they can go in so many directions.
  • edited April 22
    6 Seasons? This already feels like a final season!
    BrooklynMDblacksunrise7
  • kuman07 said:
    Not surprised. Even with viewership down, it is still the biggest thing HBO has going until a GoT spin off comes around. 
    I think there is some speculation that it is popular internationally and the HBO Max international rollout is coming soon
  • At the pace these seasons are coming out, though, we're going to get Season 6 of Westworld in... 2026? 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    kuman07 said:
    I think there is some speculation that it is popular internationally and the HBO Max international rollout is coming soon
    Yea and I don't think live viewership matters much to streaming services like HBO because they don't do advertising like network shows. They probably look at things like how many subscriptions are they getting just before and during the time Westworld airs.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I really liked the first episode of this season, it felt like a breath of fresh air. But then the second episode hit and they were back to some of the stuff that annoyed me about the second season, except this time they were over-explaining everything and making very bizarre choices. Granted I'm only two episodes in, but I am not sure this show has the bones for 3 more seasons....I redact that. I think the premise and show definitely does, I am not sure the showrunners do. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt since the first season is one of my favorites of all time. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I realize the next episodes could be amazing, but as it stands right now this is my last season with this show. Especially since they are saying season 4 will take a couple of years to come out. 
  • I mean no matter what it's gonna be years because of covid.
  • 6 seasons sounds exhausting, to be honest!
  • Why did I think that this was the final season? Wasn't there a story last spring that mentioned that?

• CapeGabe said:
    Why did I think that this was the final season? Wasn't there a story last spring that mentioned that?

There was a bunch of speculation that this would be the last season because of the large budget and declining ratings and I was pretty convinced this was going to be a stealth series finale. But there was nothing official about it being the final season and Nolan and Joy had deals in place already for a 4th and 5th season even before the series aired.
  • CapeGabe said:
    Why did I think that this was the final season? Wasn't there a story last spring that mentioned that?

There was a bunch of speculation that this would be the last season because of the large budget and declining ratings and I was pretty convinced this was going to be a stealth series finale. But there was nothing official about it being the final season and Nolan and Joy had deals in place already for a 4th and 5th season even before the series aired.
    I heard lots of speculation outside Bald Move that this was possibly the last season as well. I'm happy that it's not because I've really enjoyed seeing the real world outside the parks. They could have handled some things better but overall I've enjoyed the season and have looked forward to each new episode every week.
    I mostly have heard Joanna Robinson championing the idea that this was the last we'd get. Once marketing started up and they weren't titling it as The Final Season, I figured we might get more. But I would have never guessed three more. I guess an important part of this conversation is how large each of these seasons is going to be. If they stick to 8 episode seasons, that might help. Or less? Who knows. I think they do better when they aren't treading water. 
  • I really liked the first episode of this season, it felt like a breath of fresh air. But then the second episode hit and they were back to some of the stuff that annoyed me about the second season, except this time they were over-explaining everything and making very bizarre choices. Granted I'm only two episodes in, but I am not sure this show has the bones for 3 more seasons....I redact that. I think the premise and show definitely does, I am not sure the showrunners do. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt since the first season is one of my favorites of all time. 

I'm caught up but yeah... I had this feeling after ep 2 as well. I was stoked on one, real bummed at two, but then it's pretty good since, with more than a few moments of awesomeness. You'll get your, "Ah, westworld..." moment or two but I've liked this season more than season 2 by far.
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Maybe Westworld will move to being made the way The Mandalorian is made to keep costs in line with viewership.
    I really liked the first episode of this season, it felt like a breath of fresh air. But then the second episode hit and they were back to some of the stuff that annoyed me about the second season, except this time they were over-explaining everything and making very bizarre choices. Granted I'm only two episodes in, but I am not sure this show has the bones for 3 more seasons....I redact that. I think the premise and show definitely does, I am not sure the showrunners do. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt since the first season is one of my favorites of all time. 

I'm caught up but yeah... I had this feeling after ep 2 as well. I was stoked on one, real bummed at two, but then it's pretty good since, with more than a few moments of awesomeness. You'll get your, "Ah, westworld..." moment or two but I've liked this season more than season 2 by far.
    Okay, that is great to hear. Thanks for that. I will keep my hopes up then.
  • Could they just get the Mandalorian showrunners and producers to do it?  They seem to know what they're doing.  

lengmo said:
    Maybe Westworld will move to being made the way The Mandalorian is made to keep costs in line with viewership.

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Or seriously anyone else? Except the Double Ds.