Common Sci Fi/Supernatural Plot Lines

I was watching the Star Trek:TNG episode "Frame of Mind" recently and I realized I could think of a lot of shows with a very similar concept. I thought it would be fun to see what other sci fi/supernatural concepts reoccur in different shows. Here is the example I laid out:

Concept:
The main character wakes up in an insane asylum and is told that everything they've experienced during the run of the show has been a delusion. This concept is often used to poke fun at the more ridiculous elements of the show. Eventually the main character realizes the insane asylum is an elaborate trick and returns to the reality of the show, but it is often left ambiguous which reality is genuine. 

Examples:
Star Trek TNG 6.21: Frame of Mind
Buffy the Vampire Slayer 6.17: Normal Again
Charmed 4.7: Brain Drain
Community 3.19: Curriculum Unavailable (this a parody of this idea more than a genuine example)

I thought there was a similar episode of Lost, but I'm probably thinking of "Dave" which I don't think ever implies that Hurley has been in the mental institution the entire time. It's been a while since I watched it though, so I could be wrong. 

Any other examples I'm missing? What other concepts and plot lines have you seen across multiple TV shows?