rock band

I have two kids (about to be 3+6) and after hearing about rock band for the 2nd time recently, during this week's LWJ&A, I am really interested in getting a full bundle set up.  I wondered if anyone has tips for acquiring the equipment (which seems plagued by problems) and/or the game(s) that are compatible with xbox one (the only system i have).  I don't really even know what specific advice to ask for...b/c Rock Band really just kinda passed me by,..but any advice/guidance/thoughts etc.
thanks!

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I don't have much advice to add. I was trying to get back into Rock Band 4, but my RB guitar is not connecting, so I have been searching for the same thing. When online, a guitar alone was $400, which is ridiculous. If you happen to find a gold mine, feel free to share. 
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    3 and 6 is pretty young for Rock Band. I imagine they'd bounce off it pretty hard. It's also basically impossible to get a new kit without spending a fortune in 2020 and the tracks in Rock Band 4 aren't great if you don't have the other games and years of DLC purchases to bring with you. That being said, the whole series is fantastic but maybe try and find something used and cheap to start with. It'll be extremely expensive to start your Rock Band career properly right now.

If you're looking for a music game to play with your kids, Just Dance is probably a better option unless you're really against pop music.
    Jim