officially unofficial Bald Move community discord!

Do you like Bald Move? Do you like discord? We have you covered!

https://discord.gg/zTxS4cc

The water is warm!
gguenot

Comments

• It’s the Wild West in there
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    gguenot said:
    It’s the Wild West in there
    I don’t really understand the point of taking Bald Move discussion away from the Bald Move forum to another venue, to be honest. What’s the point of the forum, then? But I don’t use Discord so maybe I’m missing some big advantage. 
    NoelChinaskiMurderbear
  • If anyone wants to join us for Tabletop Simulator we use Bald Move Discord for voice chat.
    If you ever plan on joining us please take advantage of the link now.

• Dee said:
    gguenot said:
    It’s the Wild West in there
    I don’t really understand the point of taking Bald Move discussion away from the Bald Move forum to another venue, to be honest. What’s the point of the forum, then? But I don’t use Discord so maybe I’m missing some big advantage. 
    it's a chat room. whole different vibe from a message forum.
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Conversations on the discord tend to be more fast paced and free form than on the forums. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I'm just there for the accents... it's not working out well so far.  :/
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Oh no, is this like with other message boards where the main reason it exists is to trash the mods and drop racial epithets?
    DeeMurderbear
  • Freddy said:
    Oh no, is this like with other message boards where the main reason it exists is to trash the mods and drop racial epithets?
    heh, nah this discord server has been around for a year or two, and we don't have the numbers quite yet to have a discontented and abusive minority user base
    Murderbear
  • Oh man, discord was certainly fun for a while, but there’s way too many kids on there. I do like the voice chat feature but after a while people get bored of just saying, “talk! I want to hear your accent.” All that said, it is nice that this well knit community could converse in a more free environment that provides more opportunities to show personality and have fun.
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Also, the discord has several mods on it.  I believe all or most of them are also mods on the forums, so complaining about them on another service where they also mod probably wouldn't get you very far.  I don't see a way on the forums to distinguish who is a mod and who isn't, but on Discord we have Alkaid13, Cretanbull, Gnarzz, and Voodoorat.
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited May 7
    It should be mentioned: we use Discord for board game nights :)
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited May 8
    Also, the discord has several mods on it.  I believe all or most of them are also mods on the forums, so complaining about them on another service where they also mod probably wouldn't get you very far.  I don't see a way on the forums to distinguish who is a mod and who isn't, but on Discord we have Alkaid13, Cretanbull, Gnarzz, and Voodoorat.
    I’m basically a forum pleb in mod clothing on the Discord (gnarzz)