HBO Max

fidozfidoz Houston
HBO Now updated to Max today. Holy Crap that movie library is impressive. I'm gonna be busy watching movies for awhile.
Murderbear

Comments

• Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Thanks for the heads up. I received a kazillion emails from them and paid attention to 0. Now that it’s done I’ll check it out. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Does that update happen automatically or was there some process you went through? I opened HBO Now but everything seems pretty much the same as it was
  • MrXMrX CO
    Very excited to watch through the Studio Ghibli section with my kid!

ChinaskiElisa
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Does that update happen automatically or was there some process you went through? I opened HBO Now but everything seems pretty much the same as it was
    I went to the app store clicked on HBO Max and was given and upgrade option. 
    Elisa
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    Yeah, automatic update on my Android. No update on my Roku TV or Fire Stick since apparently HBO hasn't reached a deal with Roku or Amazon yet. Boo. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Same.  I signed up for HBO Now through my Roku, and am waiting patiently for the ability to watch.  Someday.....
  • Am I missing something? It seems like it’s just HBO Go/Now with a few extra movies? I imagine they’ll eventually phase our Go/Now?
  • Looks like a lot of tv shows and movies got added. Including a bunch from tcm

Unfortunately my Samsung TV is too old for max, which seems annoying because it's HBO now with more options, so why is my tv compatible with one but too old for the other? Maybe Samsung bribed them to try to get sales of new models... Ugh
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    gguenot said:
    Am I missing something? It seems like it’s just HBO Go/Now with a few extra movies? I imagine they’ll eventually phase our Go/Now?
    There are TV shows such as Friends, Rick & Morty, etc. Movies that are pretty hard to find like the Studio Ghibli stuff. I think your mileage may vary. You aren't missing anything, but it is a pretty extensive selection. With that said, it does feel like putting a hat on a hat. Especially if you subscribe to other streaming services. But you are right, I imagine the plan is to phase out Go/Now at some point and this is just the initial step. 
    gguenot
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited May 28
    I downloaded the app on my Xbox One. I see that there a lot of devices that don’t have a app yet such as Fire Stick and some TVs. The amount of content is pretty huge compared to Disney + but as for myself some is not interesting, like Crunchy Roll and Sesame Street. The TCM stuff is the best part for me. There a lot of essential classics on there I have yet to see.

I observed some things 

Doctor who means classic too and not just the reboot seasons. Need Classic Who!

Missing the second Hobbit movie.

They don’t have the Daffy Duck fighting nazis but they have the bear that beats his child. “Oh Henry” on the Loony Toons

Some of the menus on Looney Toons won’t scroll down all the way, cuts off half the thumbnail.

Ive watched a 137 movies that they show on the TCM a-z menu. They add HBO Movies in to the mix.

DC has a lot of bombs in there menu. Missing the Nolan Batman movies. Superman? 

Madonna movies are not classic. 

End of rant for now.

• kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Kind of a bummer you can't get the HBO Max content thru Hulu. Apparently you can get the regular HBO stuff still but have to login to the HBO Max app using Hulu credentials to get the HBO Max content. And if you are like me and use Roku to stream, well then you can't really get the HBO Max content right now lol. Sounds like Roku might get a deal done pretty soon, but Amazon took a more hard line approach to the negotiations. 

https://www.cnet.com/news/hbo-max-is-here-but-you-cant-watch-on-roku-or-amazon-fire-tv/
  • MrXMrX CO
    kingbee67 said:

DC has a lot of bombs in there menu. Missing the Nolan Batman movies. Superman? 

I'm guessing there are some movies that have streaming rights with other platforms that will eventually come back to Warner. Same thing happened with Disney+ and some of their movies  movies still being on Netflix etc when it launched.
  • I started watching Doom Patrol since it was on DC before Max. Other than that it is same old stuff I could watch before.

• rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    FYI, if anyone has Comcast, they struck a last minute deal with HBO/AT&T.  

It isn't available on the actual xfinity box yet, but you can download the HBO Max app and get access with your comcast credentials. 

I'm sure it will be on the actual cable service in a few weeks or a month once they get all that software added. 
    CapeGabe
  • rhcoop said:
    FYI, if anyone has Comcast, they struck a last minute deal with HBO/AT&T.  

It isn't available on the actual xfinity box yet, but you can download the HBO Max app and get access with your comcast credentials. 

I'm sure it will be on the actual cable service in a few weeks or a month once they get all that software added. 

Grrrrrrr
    They suck.
    They should have made a notification on the cable box.

• rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    CapeGabe said:

Grrrrrrr
    They suck.
    They should have made a notification on the cable box.

Indeed they do, but I will not live without TN football and all the other cable options here suck so it is what it is. 

I'm just glad I get HBO Max for free now.