Last Movie You Saw In the Theater

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
remember theaters? get your drinks and snacks, be around inconsiderate strangers that suck, and sit through random commercials (if you get there early) and previews. then let the big screen experience happen! <sigh>. if you can remember that far back, what movie was it?

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Spider-Man : Far from Home
    Chinaski
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Chinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Uncut Gems

Alamo Drafthouse in the Cedars just south of downtown Dallas
    Chinaski
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    The Boy 2. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. So bad that if you accept it as cannon it somehow untwists the twist from the first movie and ruins it. It was like they wrote it after only watching the trailer of the first movie while also on their phones. 
    Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Yesterday. The movie, not the day. I only go to the cinema about once every couple of years. 
    Chinaski
  • Invisible Man
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Emma - late February 2020
  • Apollo
    They Shall Not Grow Old

I don't go to theaters much anymore because I hate people now. There is zero chance I can enjoy myself because the asshole percentage is currently so high.

So the last time I was at the theater was twice within a week of each other to see two documentaries I didn't want to wait a few years to see.

I went to matinees and the asshole factor for docs is way lower. I really could not tell you the last time before then. Possibly it was for Return of the King.

DeeNoelChinaski
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I saw Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Seberg and Emma. during the first week of March. Loved Portrait and Emma but Seberg was a Meh -. 

This was the good ol' days of when I had Regal Unlimited and was going to the theater 3-5 times a week. 
    Noel
  • Pretty sure ours was: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Without free access to a babysitter we don't make it out to the movies very often. It usually has to be something I really want to see, and Tarantino usually qualifies. 

Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Downton Abbey
    Chinaski
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited May 30
    I went to the premiere of the last Star Wars movie....not a good one to go out on.
    JaimieTChinaskiHatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited June 1
    Sonic. We even had the masks...

Noel
  • I did a double feature of Bloodshot and The Hunt basically the week before theaters closed down. Neither were very good but The Hunt was far more satirical than I expected given the publicity that it was receiving.