Space Launch

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
Just posting this here if anyone wants to geek out with me.  I’m nervous.  I’m excited!  70% chance it’s a go.....
CapeGabeCretanBull

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Would trajectory stray from nominal if they had some stickers on their seats?  I would have put some sweet stickers on my seat and personalized it. 
    JaimieT
    Aww a sequined dinosaur. I bet that was for his kid.   Omg this is so amazing.  
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Get back on the Discord bro.  :D
    cdrive
  • cdrive said:
    Aww a sequined dinosaur
    Or maybe a Dragon?  :D

That was not fun. Hard to enjoy with people on board. Thrilled right now. 

cdriveJim
    CapeGabe said:
    cdrive said:
    Aww a sequined dinosaur

Definitely tense. Oh man we really needed this right now. I really needed this right now. So glad it didn’t blow up in front of my kids. 
    CapeGabemajjam0770
  • cdrive said:

Definitely tense. Oh man we really needed this right now. I really needed this right now. So glad it didn’t blow up in front of my kids. 
    It reminds me of the 1968 episode of From the Earth to the Moon which alternates between the getting ready and flight of Apollo 8, the 1st flight around the moon that gave us the Earthrise photo, and all the shit that was happening around the world that year.
    It ends with a telegram being read to the astronauts heading home from an old lady saying "Thanks for saving 1968"

cdrive
  • So awesome to watch with my 8 year old and a needed break from other things. Cant wait to see what the future holds for the Space X and NASA partnership. 
    cdriveCapeGabemajjam0770MrXNoel
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Ok so as we were waiting for the launch, I told my 11 year old about the Space-x test launch that exploded recently. His response "We should send Trump up in one." 

He gets it. 
    MrXNoel
  • MrXMrX CO
    cdrive said:
    CapeGabe said:
    cdrive said:
    Aww a sequined dinosaur

Seriously .... I have vague memories of Challenger, was pretty young then, about the same age then as my son is now, is definitely not something you ever want to witness live.

He loved watching this launch. Would definitely be great if we had a new space age that he could grow up in.
    cdrive
  • Docking to ISS starting now if anyone wants to watch live. 10:10 am Eastern

Naugustine
  • edited May 31
    This is the song that NASA used to wake up Bob and Doug this morning

https://youtu.be/bm2N2nHqITY
    calebthrower
  • They are getting ready to board the ISS! 
    CapeGabe