My Year in Movies 2020

fidozfidoz Houston
With May coming to an end here's an update on my recommitment to movies. In May I watched 75 movies. Of the 75 movies 2 were rewatches (Role Models, Just One Of The Guys). The other 73 were first time watches. My highest rate films of May were Citizen Kane, Network and Vertigo, all 5 stars. My lowest rated by far was Jolene, 1 star and that was being generous. 

My stats for 2020 sit at 271 movies, 485 hours spent watching movies. I am averaging 12.4 movies per week. My most watched actors are Brie larson, Mark Duplass and Adam Scott. My most watched directors are Billy Wilder, Sam Mendes and Lynn Shelton. My most liked review is my savaging of The Lovebirds. The most popular movie I've watched this year is Parasite. The most obscure film I've watched this year is The Spy Who Went In To The Cold: Kim Philby, Soviet Super Spy.

ChinaskiNoelMurderbear

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Role Models is a under appreciated classic. Doesn’t get as much love as Superbad or Old School or similar comedies that came out around that time. 

But I find myself watching it whenever it’s on. Paul Rudd is awesome. This and I Love you Man are probably my 2 favourite of his. 

It’s just a good innocent and fun movie. 
    fidoz
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I think Rudd was the real gem that came out of all those Apatow-ian comedies.
    Hatorian
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    1.  I know we're in the middle of a Pandemic, but how do you find the time?

2.  What do you use to track your watches?  I use Trakt.tv.  You can see my 2020 Year in Review (so far) here: https://trakt.tv/users/joshtheblack/year/2020

3.  I don't watch a ton of movies.  5 so far this year that were tracked.  Sometimes the scrobbler misfires (watched Scoob last week and it didn't show up) and if I watch anywhere but my private library, it doesn't automatically show up and I usually forget to add it.
  • MrXMrX CO
    1.  I know we're in the middle of a Pandemic, but how do you find the time?

I have less time for media in the pandemic (including podcasts :'(  ).... Young kid at home = more work at night.
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    1. I've been a stay at home dad for 12 years. My kids are 11 and 15 so I have a lot of time during the day, especially now that it's summer and I'm not teaching them. I keep my day pretty regimented. 8 hours of sleep, 2 hours for exercise (actually 144 minutes 10% of the day) and 2 hours for reading. The other 12 hours are for kids, cooking, cleaning, groceries, movies, tv, records. It works for me. 

2. I use letterbxd https://letterboxd.com/Fidoz/

HatorianMrX
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Review of June 2020

The country tried to burn itself to the ground in June so I found myself looking for comfort in the familiar. As a result, I had more rewatches than normal in June.  Here is the rundown.

I watched 58 movies in June (also included I Know This Much Is True)
    9 of the 58 were rewatches
    The highest rated were three 5 star rewatches of Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Wild Bunch, The Searchers
    The lowest rated were two 2 1/2 star watch of Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga, A Star is Born

2020 at a Glance
    329 movies watched
    47/month  12.2/week
    Most Watched Star is Brie Larson 8 films
    Most Watched Director is Billy Wilder 4 films

NoelFreddy