Writing For Fun Website I'm Hooked On

Hi everyone,
If anyone on here enjoys writing for fun my friend just put together this little site that I've been pretty hooked for the last couple of days. It's basically like that old game where someone writes something and then it gets passed on and continues. There is a 1,000 character limit and you can either start your own or build on what others have done. They also have a thing where when you start you can either allow people to read everything written up to that point or just the last few words from the previous post.

It's a lot of fun, but the user base is small and it'd be that much more fun if more people were in on it so, here we are. If anyone is interested, please give it a shot.
https://foldandpass.com/

and here is a link to the one that I started in case having somewhere specific to launch is helpful. I used the "folded" option so it's just the last couple of words. I think I probably prefer the other way, but I thought it would be fun to see how it came out this way.
https://foldandpass.com/story/5ed7f0f7a5c40400048ef8b1

FreddyCecily

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    So how’s do it work? When it ends the people who contributed get to see the whole thing unfold?
    Travis
  • *To quote Rick and Morty*

You son of a bitch, I'm in.
    HatorianTravis
    I made an addition to @Travis ;

will be funny to see how it plays out
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 5
    Awesome! I glad you guys are trying it out. I hope you like it. I've been wanting to do more over there, but there just isn't much turnover. Thanks for adding on @Hatorian. I'll nudge my wife at it today too. Try to get things moving along.
    Cheers!

To answer the question though, yeah. With the "folded style" you don't get to see it until all of the rounds have been completed. Then you'll get an email saying that it's done. I probably should have done 5 rounds to get it completed faster, but that just didn't seem like enough. Hopefully it'll be better for it.

Hatorian
    Do you want to stick to 1 contribution? Or you open to multiple? I’m keen to see what others wrote but I wonder how Long it will take to get to 10
  • Go for it, man! For what it’s worth, I was thinking of double dipping tomorrow too for the same reason. I also gave my wife a nudge last night, but she’s had a lot on her plate this week. I’m really excited to see how it all shakes out.
    Haha. Pretty crazy story. Makes no sense but it was good fun. I contributed twice but purposely went different ways for the fun of it. Nice catch on the website man
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited June 9
    Thanks Hatorian, I just finished reading it. Super fun. I actually kind of dig how crazy and scattered it is. It's a crazy little trip. Turns out, I like creative writing quite a bit. I never really tried after high school, but that's really fun. I only wish more stuff popped up on the site to chime in on. Thanks so much for contributing to that. I had a great time with it and really enjoy the way it turned out.
    Just out of curiosity, which two were you? I was the first (obviously, I suppose) and the sort of nostalgia bit that introduced the Supra.

Here's a link to the completed story if anyone else wants a look:
    https://foldandpass.com/story/5ed7f0f7a5c40400048ef8b1

Also, if anyone else starts one and wants to push it here that would be fun. No pressure or anything, of course, but you'd have at minimum one person who'd be into playing another round.
  • Started a new one if anyone is interested. This time it's set up where you can see the whole thing. Don't worry, if this doesn't keep its own traction I won't keep bringing it back up. Just tossin it out there, just in case.

https://foldandpass.com/story/5ee307636603e6000404a72b
    Hatorian
    Added. 
    Travis
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I did it too.
    HatorianTravis
  • Thanks! That's really fun. Excited to go look it over when I get home.
    Cheers!