Sopranos Creator Accidentally Reveals What Really Happened to Tony in Series Finale

Sepinwall got David Chase to finally reveal what happened to Tony.  ha 

https://apple.news/AFTEMOjt4Q_qNolm_paVVYQ

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    I swear Chase said in an interview a year or two ago that Tony definitely got killed. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I can't read the story for some reason, it wants a subscription. I've watched the series from bottom to top 5 or 6 times. I think it is crazy to think that Chase meant for the ending to be anything but ambiguous and a choose-your-own-ending. There just isn't anything there to show otherwise or prove anything different. With that said, I am sure he had to deep down have his own idea about what the rest of Tony's life must have looked like. And that is what I take this as. It doesn't change what is actually seen in the final moments of the final episode. 

Also, it is funny that this is catching on. That book that they are referencing was released in 2019. (And it is fantastic). I do remember reading that part of it. Better than 99% of other news we are receiving, so I am all for it. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Garthgou81 Ooh, I don’t think the ending is ambiguous at all. They spell it out in the conversation between Tony and Bobby about what it’s like to die in an earlier episode. Bobby says he thinks everything just goes black. 
    Murderbear
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited June 13
    This isn't a new story and Sepinwall says its been misreported:

BrooklynMDOpusWho
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    Tony didn’t deserve any better quite frankly...
  • So...I feel like this type of story has been a common reoccurrence. Last episode of Mad Men...what would be the point if Don wasn’t the one... Last episode of Watchmen, what would be the point if Angela didn’t become...

so what would be the point of David Chase showing Tony at a nice happy family dinner? What would that be saying to the audience?
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Dee said:
    @Garthgou81 Ooh, I don’t think the ending is ambiguous at all. They spell it out in the conversation between Tony and Bobby about what it’s like to die in an earlier episode. Bobby says he thinks everything just goes black. 
    That is a good point. I'm on your side of things, by the way. But part of me loves the idea of Tony having to constantly look over his shoulder for the rest of his life. That has to be a level of hell. 
    Dee