Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy Developing ‘Fallout’ series for Amazon

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/fallout-series-jonathan-nolan-lisa-joy-amazon-1234696997/

Interesting choice for them. Kinda surprised it’s taken Hollywood this long to grab up this franchise. It’s the perfect series to become the American version of Mad Max.

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeesh...after the last couple seasons of Westworld, I don't know. I will give it a whirl. But Fallout is a series about you creating your own story. I am wondering what this would look like. 
    neal
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I wonder what the tone of this will be. If it takes itself Westworld level serious this is going to be a drag of a show. I'm struggling to imagine a show that captures what works about Fallout. The goofy nonsense and satire is key to the whole vibe of the games but the stories involve a lot of despair and death, I would have thought more Paul Verhoeven or Taika Waititi than the Westworld people.

nealElisa
    I wonder what the tone of this will be. If it takes itself Westworld level serious this is going to be a drag of a show. I'm struggling to imagine a show that captures what works about Fallout. The goofy nonsense and satire is key to the whole vibe of the games but the stories involve a lot of despair and death, I would have thought more Paul Verhoeven or Taika Waititi than the Westworld people.

I was thinking the same thing. The games have a very specific sense of humor. It can be dark one moment, but also goofy in the next. That has to be a tough thing to pull off. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland

I was thinking the same thing. The games have a very specific sense of humor. It can be dark one moment, but also goofy in the next. That has to be a tough thing to pull off. 
    Sounds like a job for Whedon?
    Cory said:

I'd trust him over Nolan and Joy and generally like his stuff. 
  • edited July 3
    Cory said:

Ew. Aside from being a thundercunt of a human being, is there a bigger hack around not named Weiss and Benioff?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Cory said:

Ew. Aside from being a thundercunt of a human being, is there a bigger hack around not named Weiss and Benioff?
    I've known he's a shitty person for a decade, but a hack?
    Shum
  • Cory said:
    Cory said:

Absolutely a hack. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    What’s worse? A shitty person or a hack? 

Don’t see much difference..
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Cory said:
    Cory said:

Absolutely a hack. 
    Ok...