Charlie Kaufman’s New Film

Comments

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    "I’m Thinking Of Ending Things stars Jessie Buckley, Jesse Plemons, Toni Collette, and David Thewlis"

That's a pretty solid cast!
    Chinaski
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    “On a road trip to meet his parents on their secluded farm, Jake’s girlfriend is thinking of ending things. When Jake makes an unexpected detour, leaving her stranded, a twisted mix of palpable tension, psychological frailty, and sheer terror ensues.”

God, that sounds frightening!
    Chinaskimajjam0770
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    “On a road trip to meet his parents on their secluded farm, Jake’s girlfriend is thinking of ending things. When Jake makes an unexpected detour, leaving her stranded, a twisted mix of palpable tension, psychological frailty, and sheer terror ensues.”

God, that sounds frightening!
    yeah, looks like it :#

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah...I wasn't sure what I was expecting. But it wasn't quite that. I am there with bells on though,
    Chinaski
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Was reading the book, then spoiled myself on it. Not sure what that does to my interest level for this, but I think the Kaufman aspect brings something new to the table.
    Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @MoonMan13 I have the book but I’ve never read it. Is it any good?
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    @Dee it was off to a good start, but for whatever reason I was feeling antsy about it. I ended up listening to some podcasts and reading some articles that summed it up for me. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about it after the fact...
    On the plus side, somehow as a result I listened to an audiobook of "The Keep" (the more recent one) and enjoyed it so I can recommend that!
    ChinaskiDee
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things is a very unsettling read. Personally found it pretty great, though I could see opinions differing, particularly on the ending. No spoilers, but it's going to be interesting how Kaufman interprets this for a visual medium. The story and the prose have a disconcerting subtlety that leaves just the right amount to the imagination. I could see it being one of those stories that works better in your mind's eye, but if any director can get the best out of it it's Kaufman, so I'm here to see how it turns out.

Maybe one for the Bald Move Spooktacular, depending of course on how it turns out!
    DeeChinaskiMoonMan13