Who Would You Spend Your Day With?

MichelleMichelle California
(Credit to @Murderbear for this question, which he asked in this week's lunch thread.  I was going to add my choice as a reply there, but thought it would make an interesting thread on its own.  @Murderbear, I hope it's ok with you. :) )

If you could spend one day with any television, movie, literary, video game or whatever character, who would it be and what would you do?

My first instinct is to spend it with Marilyn Monroe.  A lot of people might see her as having been shallow, not very intelligent, just a dumb blonde Hollywood star but she was incredibly smart and very misunderstood, and labeled by people who only saw her as one thing & didn't really know her.  I'd love to spend a day with her in the height of her fame (mid to late '50s), just to sip coffee or cocktails and have a conversation about life and love. 

If I have to pick an actual character though and not a real person:
  • Lenny (The Young Pope) - I find him to be fascinating.  It doesn't hurt that's he's hot.  I don't care what we do.
  • Sawyer (Lost):  Do I need to explain why? :wink:  I'd just hang out with him on the beach, playing in the water, soaking in the sun, drinking rum, exploring the island, etc.  Plus he's good with a gun and would keep me safe if any weird Lost stuff started happening.
  • I'd love to get coffee & walk around Central Park with the Sex & the City ladies.  No real reason other than it'd be fun. :)
Murderbear

Comments

• If you're choosing a real person, y'all should choose David Attenborough. I had the chance to spend a few days with him on a couple of different documentary filmings, and he's as delightful of a human being as you would hope he would be. On one of the occasions, I was there for the sole reason of telling him where not to step on rare plants, but all day long he kept asking me questions about the natural history of that site. I'm almost certain he actually knew the answers to everything was asking, but he has an uncanny talent for making you feel like you are an invaluable and crucial source of information needed to complete his work. 
    MurderbearMichelleCretanBullBenDee
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Ha! Absolutely Michelle! I actually saw the question on Facebook from an Andy Griffith page and the question specifically was if you could spend 24 hours with Barney Fife, what would you do? I thought it was interesting so I expanded it for the fellas.

I guess cause he's the main character in one of my all-time favorite shows but the first character that popped in my head though was Walter White. But I don't know why. Or what we would do. I don't really want to make meth or kill anyone. I need a better answer ha!
    Michelle
    mykhailo said:
    If you're choosing a real person, y'all should choose David Attenborough. I had the chance to spend a few days with him on a couple of different documentary filmings, and he's as delightful of a human being as you would hope he would be. On one of the occasions, I was there for the sole reason of telling him where not to step on rare plants, but all day long he kept asking me questions about the natural history of that site. I'm almost certain he actually knew the answers to everything was asking, but he has an uncanny talent for making you feel like you are an invaluable and crucial source of information needed to complete his work. 
    Great answer!
  • edited July 9
    The genius of David Attenborough:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p006rxyr

I'm there, standing to the side off-camera. The bat Attenborough is holding and talking to is actually something he impromptu made out of a piece of duct tape with sticks and other objects to look like a head and arms because right before this was shot he decided he didn't want to hold a struggling bat and hurt it. Notice a couple of times how he wiggles it so it looks like the head is moving. He did that in one take, too.
    Murderbear
  • edited July 9
    I guess cause he's the main character in one of my all-time favorite shows but the first character that popped in my head though was Walter White. But I don't know why. Or what we would do. I don't really want to make meth or kill anyone. I need a better answer ha!

Gale would be great fun to hang out with. Minus the willingness to make life-destroying addictive drugs, he's kind of everything I'd want in a best friend. 
    Murderbear
  • Fun topic!
    First thing that comes to mind would just be to hang out with the cul-de-sac crew from Cougar Town. Just sounds like a really nice way to spend the day. Take a golf cart ride with Bobby. Play some penny can. Get a nice little drunk going (hope they wouldn't wine shame me for preferring beer, but of course they would). Maybe Andy would do some stand up. Watch Ellie be snarky and Laurie be crazy. Pick up roller hockey with Grayson. Check out Tom's weird little dollhouse neighborhood. Good times.

Similarly, just following Andy Dwyer around for a day in Pawnee sounds super entertaining, and maybe I could do a guest spot on Johnny Karate.
    Travis said:
    Similarly, just following Andy Dwyer around for a day in Pawnee sounds super entertaining, and maybe I could do a guest spot on Johnny Karate.
    Dammit. Perfect answer.

Oh, and I would love to follow Sherlock Holmes around and solve a mystery. That would be pretty cool.

And of course Dany from GoT but just in hopes I could catch a ride with Rhaegal or Viserion.
    Travis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    1st:  

2nd:

3rd:

MichelleTravisMurderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    ^^^ Good call on Ferris!
    cdrive
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    traveling with Anthony Bourdain would be pretty rad.
    TravisMurderbearcdriveMichelle