Winds of Winter may not be coming but GoT on 4K UHD is

Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
Just dropping this here.
https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/070920-1530
I already ordered the Steelbook set from Bestbuy.  I know this has been a problematic series. But at one point it was the epitome of what TV could aspire to in regards to scope, cast, writing, directing, and plotting. I can always pretend the last few seasons just didn't happen if I so desire. I maintain Season 6 is a return to form to a degree, and maybe the perfect way to end the series. 

Below are the standard 4K and then the Steelbox set
Front Standard Game of Thrones The Complete Series SteelBook Digital Copy 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Only  Best
Murderbear

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Maaaan. That is very tempting. I only have the first four seasons and they are on DVD and who wants to see that?
    loum
  • I'm hoping that someday HBO gets their shit together and releases the 4K versions on HBO Max. That would tempt me to rewatch at least seasons 1-6.
    Murderbear
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Insert joke about maybe finally being able to see the dragon fight in season 8 now that it is in 4K
    asmallcatNoeljluzania
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Insert joke about maybe finally being able to see the dragon fight in season 8 now that it is in 4K
    I'm just assuming it will still be too dark to see.
  • As much as I thought the drama around season 8 was overblown and hyperbolic, I will say I have 0 interest in re-watching GoT, with the exception of maybe a few scenes (Mountain v Viper) or stand out episodes (battle at the wall). 
    BroRad33
  • I have a very big love/hate relationship with them releasing the entire series in 4k.  I've bought every season on  Blu Ray and I'm a huge stickler for video/audio quality so the thought of not updating to the 4k collection kind of drives me nuts even though I'll likely watch in only 1 or 2 times unless I get someone new into the series and watch it with them.  It's only money right???