Welcome Wagon Thread! New to Bald Move? Have questions? Introduce yourself here, and/or ask away!

Comments

• Welcome @WarpedCore, I actually just finished my rewatch and re-listen of the guys' coverage from The Leftovers. Definitely gave me zero doubt naming it the best TV series I've watched and my favorite Bald Move TV coverage. 
    WarpedCoreCretanBullSkyMare1218
  • Hey everyone, ever since I found the Breaking Good podcast (many years ago) I have not been able to re-watch Breaking Bad episodes without also re-listening to the corresponding podcast episode. Hope that Jim and A.Ron revisit Season 4 and 5 with updated takes just as they did for Season 1-3. 
    Oh man, how did I miss I've got a fellow wookiee in the forums now... Welcome @stewbacca501
    Freddy
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    As soon as I finish my journey through the Sopranos, I think I'm going to do a full series re-watch of The Leftovers. I'm really looking forward to it, I think I'll take entirely different things away from it this time around with a few more years of perspective on things.
    FreddyawookieeNoel
  • edited January 2021
    As soon as I finish my journey through the Sopranos, I think I'm going to do a full series re-watch of The Leftovers. I'm really looking forward to it, I think I'll take entirely different things away from it this time around with a few more years of perspective on things.
    Does that mean we're getting another Leftovers podcast??? Hahahaha  :D In all honesty it'd be awesome to get a follow up podcast or chat about it on Off the Clock. It was amazing rewatching the series, 10/10 would recommend. 
    NoelSkyMare1218
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited February 2021
     I'll wait patiently for more Sopranos coverage, but in the mean time: can we get some Sopranos impressions? Don't care where. Lunch, Swizzbold, doesn't matter.
  • hiya, ive been a baldmove club member since jan 2017, been listening a little longer than that, and decided to finally start participating lol Just watched Priest, figuring out the whole amazon watch party thing after Aron said he looks forward to the scifi sundays..what better way to support the guys! Figuring out twitch and discord, looking forward to chatting and getting to know other baldmovers- do you guys chat mostly here or twitch or discord?
    cdriveA_Ron_Hubbard
  • MsAnne said:
    hiya, ive been a baldmove club member since jan 2017, been listening a little longer than that, and decided to finally start participating lol Just watched Priest, figuring out the whole amazon watch party thing after Aron said he looks forward to the scifi sundays..what better way to support the guys! Figuring out twitch and discord, looking forward to chatting and getting to know other baldmovers- do you guys chat mostly here or twitch or discord?

Hello MsAnne, thanks for taking the plunge and joining the community here.  I think most of the chat happens here, but Discord is also pretty active.  I don't think that much chat happens on Twitch, just whoever happens to by watching a live stream.

Welcome aboard!
    MsAnne
  • Hi All, 

I’m from the UK (London) and i’ve been listening to something from BM pretty much every week since 2014 and during that time I’ve been lucky to have the opportunity to live in 2 other countries around Europe and visited many more. One of the things I love doing in a new city is simply walking around to soak up the atmosphere, eat good food and look at the architecture.  I have many great memories of walking through the great cities and small places of Europe whilst listening to Jim and A.Ron.  

I now live in France and although given the time difference it’s more difficult to participate in the live stuff and I’ve barely participated in the forums, I have a lot of love for this community! I just wanted to dip in and say hello for once! It’s been one of my refuges from tough times, the bullshit in this world and a little oasis for people who want to think a bit deeper.

I hope to participate a tiny bit more from time to time.

P.S. Whoever commissioned the lord of the rings podcasts, you rock. I was waiting years for that.

DeecdriveA_Ron_HubbardSkyMare1218
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited February 2021
    Seb-J said:
    Hi All, 

I’m from the UK (London) and i’ve been listening to something from BM pretty much every week since 2014 and during that time I’ve been lucky to have the opportunity to live in 2 other countries around Europe and visited many more. One of the things I love doing in a new city is simply walking around to soak up the atmosphere, eat good food and look at the architecture.  I have many great memories of walking through the great cities and small places of Europe whilst listening to Jim and A.Ron.  

I now live in France and although given the time difference it’s more difficult to participate in the live stuff and I’ve barely participated in the forums, I have a lot of love for this community! I just wanted to dip in and say hello for once! It’s been one of my refuges from tough times, the bullshit in this world and a little oasis for people who want to think a bit deeper.

I hope to participate a tiny bit more from time to time.

P.S. Whoever commissioned the lord of the rings podcasts, you rock. I was waiting years for that.

Welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!  Je suis Canadien et je parle un peux de Francais ;)
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    @Seb-J I may not have fancy French words but welcome!  :D Completely agree with your take on LoTR and look forward to your future posts. 
  •  I think most of the chat happens here, but Discord is also pretty active.

There's a discord? Is there a link to that anywhere?
  •  I think most of the chat happens here, but Discord is also pretty active.

There's a discord? Is there a link to that anywhere?

https://discord.gg/yBXtEVwU
    bizmarkiefader
    Nice to meet all the long time first timers! Welcome to the community!
    FreddySeb-J
  • @Seb-J I may not have fancy French words but welcome!  :D Completely agree with your take on LoTR and look forward to your future posts. 
    Thanks Teresa! Ha well I’ve been living here for 2 and a half years and my french is nowhere near perfect myself!
  • Thanks @CretanBull and nice to meet you :)
    CretanBull
  • edited March 2021
    I have been a member for a while but this is the first time that I am posting.  The GOT podcast was my entry point.  I am a fan of most of shows and movies covered but enjoy listening to Jim and A. Ron no matter what the topic. They even talked me to me into  picking up the Leftovers and the Walking Dead, two shows that I had given up on.  As a former Catholic, the final two seasons of the Leftovers were the most rewarding. 
    CretanBullA_Ron_Hubbardfinneycanhelp
  • Roguesda said:
    I have been a member for a while but this is the first time that I am posting.  The GOT podcast was my entry point.  I am a fan of most of shows and movies covered but enjoy listening to Jim and A. Ron no matter what the topic. They even talked me to me into  picking up the Leftovers and the Walking Dead, two shows that I had given up on.  As a former Catholic, the final two seasons of the Leftovers were the most rewarding. 
    Welcome - to the forums and the Leftovers cult :)

Roguesda
  • Hey! I've been listening to the back catalog for your Game of Thrones (because the lockdown is long and full of terrors) but i can't seem to find the main cast for season 8, episode 5 'The Bells' anywhere on Spotify. Does anyone know if it was uploaded elsewhere or if there's some other way I could find it? 
  • edited March 2021
    Hello all! I'm new here c: Glad to join you!!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Hello all! I'm new here c: Glad to join you!

Welcome, Warren! 
    ClaraGS said:
    Hey! I've been listening to the back catalog for your Game of Thrones (because the lockdown is long and full of terrors) but i can't seem to find the main cast for season 8, episode 5 'The Bells' anywhere on Spotify. Does anyone know if it was uploaded elsewhere or if there's some other way I could find it? 

Welcome everyone! I'm not sure what's going on here. I just checked and it's definitely in all the feeds. I'll kick it to Jim for some more troubleshooting, but in the meantime, I'd try unsubbing and resubbing to the podcast in spotify to trick it into refreshing the track listings. All else fails, you can listen to the episode right here: https://baldmove.com/game-of-thrones/805/

• FinneyCanHelp here aka Mike!
    Finally posting. Doing my part to help bring paradise on earth. StarTrek style. 
    Twitter is @FinneyCanHelp  
    Software Development, running the FinneyHelps YouTube show, and empowering others where I can to live an optimized life is my way. It’s my personal mission. 
    As the Vulcans say, I’m here to serve  :)
    Happy to meet you  <3
    Sup Finney! LLAP
  • Hi everyone! My name is Tayler H and I’ve been a long time fan of BM (GOT was also my entry point). Happily, I have wandered into almost all podcasts by Jim and A.Ron and I have been introduced to some awesome new shows (which I promptly binged and enjoyed). Excited to be here with you all! 
    cdrivebizmarkiefadercalebthrowerA_Ron_HubbardCretanBull
  • Tayhens said:
    Hi everyone! My name is Tayler H and I’ve been a long time fan of BM (GOT was also my entry point). Happily, I have wandered into almost all podcasts by Jim and A.Ron and I have been introduced to some awesome new shows (which I promptly binged and enjoyed). Excited to be here with you all! 
    Welcome!
  • Hello BM community, I have been on the BM wagon for 4-ish years but I am not tech-adept enough to hang around forums or maneuver discord, etc. Just wanted to share my thoughts that I am loving the re-released content showing up on my feed; I don't always know where to look or what to search to find something I haven't heard before so I appreciate when you do it for us and it times well with a holiday or anniversary. I am really looking forward to HOTD, Stranger Things 4 and The Last of Us and loving that my kids are old enough to earbud themselves so I can listen to the f-bombs fly in peace. 
    CretanBullcdrive
  • Hello BM community, I have been on the BM wagon for 4-ish years but I am not tech-adept enough to hang around forums or maneuver discord, etc. Just wanted to share my thoughts that I am loving the re-released content showing up on my feed; I don't always know where to look or what to search to find something I haven't heard before so I appreciate when you do it for us and it times well with a holiday or anniversary. I am really looking forward to HOTD, Stranger Things 4 and The Last of Us and loving that my kids are old enough to earbud themselves so I can listen to the f-bombs fly in peace. 
    Welcome to the forums :)
    NBennett914
  • edited July 2021
    Hello everyone.

I've been listening to Bald Move for a long time. Game of Thrones was my entry point around season 4 I want to say. I started doing Premium a few years ago as well. I love all the TV and movie stuff. I'm especially enjoying the badass pantheon going on right now since I grew up on TV-recorded VHS copies of violent 80s and 90s movies. I've only made like two posts on this forum in the past. Hoping to change that frequency but family and my two young sons keep me kind of busy. Also, I rarely have anything profound to say so I do a lot more reading than writing :P

Question: A-Ron's Jehovah's Witness youth and early adulthood comes up quite frequently. Did he ever do a podcast episode where he discusses his faith journey in detail? I also grew up in a conservative American-born religion that I left some time ago. I enjoy hearing people's stories about how they deconstructed their faith and how they got to where they are.

Happy posting to all.

Edit: I see we're moving to Reddit. Catch y'all there I suppose.
    cdrive
  • Hello everyone.

I've been listening to Bald Move for a long time. Game of Thrones was my entry point around season 4 I want to say. I started doing Premium a few years ago as well. I love all the TV and movie stuff. I'm especially enjoying the badass pantheon going on right now since I grew up on TV-recorded VHS copies of violent 80s and 90s movies. I've only made like two posts on this forum in the past. Hoping to change that frequency but family and my two young sons keep me kind of busy. Also, I rarely have anything profound to say so I do a lot more reading than writing :P

Question: A-Ron's Jehovah's Witness youth and early adulthood comes up quite frequently. Did he ever do a podcast episode where he discusses his faith journey in detail? I also grew up in a conservative American-born religion that I left some time ago. I enjoy hearing people's stories about how they deconstructed their faith and how they got to where they are.

Happy posting to all.

Hi, welcome to the forums - we'll be active here for the next few months or so, but you can get a jump on the changes by going over to Reddit or Discord.

I can't recall if A-Ron ever did an episode of a podcast specifically dedicated to his upbringing, but he's been pretty open about many of his experiences (there are probably several posts about it here on the forums too).  The lunch podcasts are often where the guys talk about life and stuff, that might be a good place to look.
  • Hello everyone.

Happy posting to all.

Check out this page for a Jehovah's Witness podcast they did a few years back
    https://baldmove.com/news/the-jehovahs-witness-podcast/
    CretanBullGeneticBlueprintA_Ron_Hubbard