More Maggie Gyllenhaal!

My husband and I finished watching The Deuce last night. We were blown away.  One our most favorite programs ever.  Going to start Treme tonight.  We watched The Wire at the beginning of quarantine, and  started working our way through the Simon/Pelacanos canon. (I think our kids were just to young when all these shows came out, we were too exhausted to watch anything but The Cooking Channel.)  Some Kind of Hero, The Corner, and Plot Against America are on the agenda too.....

We also want more Maggie!  She is flat out amazing.  Now I understand by she did so well in the Baldies.  What are Bald Movers' favs and/or recommendations?  I started Honorable Woman a while back but life got in the way, so I think we'll watch that and Hysteria, Secretary and Kindergarten Teacher for sure.  Others?

Comments

• I liked her a lot in stranger than fiction
    JSDCADummy
  • edited July 19
    The best TV series I've ever watched, I only watched because of how often Jim and A.Ron talked it up.  The Leftovers on HBO.  I would highly recommend just sticking to 1 episode at a time and listening to their coverage inbetween episodes.  
    JSDCATeresa from Concord
  • awookiee said:
    The best TV series I've ever watched, I only watched because of how often Jim and A.Ron talked it up.  The Leftovers on HBO.  I would highly recommend just sticking to 1 episode at a time and listening to their coverage inbetween episodes.  

Loved the Leftovers.  I only watched bc of the BM coverage too.  I would not have understood that series without their in depth knowledge of the bible.
  • edited July 21
    JSDCA said:
    awookiee said:

Loved the Leftovers.  I only watched bc of the BM coverage too.  I would not have understood that series without their in depth knowledge of the bible.I
    I second that as well. My religious knowledge is next to nothing so their deep dive into the religious metaphors in the show added a ton of context to the show.  
    JSDCA