Re-introduce yourself!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
It was suggested in the other thread that we should have a place for long time forum members to formally introduce themselves since they missed their opportunity over the years, and why not? Here is your free-wheeling, in-joke, deep lore place to welcome and reacquaint yourselves with each other.

To get things started, I'm Aron. I've been a Bald Mover for just over 10 years now. Honestly can't believe this is still a thing. I live in Cincinnati, OH with my wife @Cecily and my son Jack. The only thing I like more than a good story is learning something new about the world or the universe and how we relate to same.
MichelleMurderbearFreddyFlukesMoonMan13CecilyNaugustineEine FraucdriveTravis

Comments

• I'm tom g, long time listener, especially in the coverage of high quality dramas.

I'm an IV&V Project Manager, married father of 2 sons.  I am an unapologetic progressive, Springsteen obsessed, West Virginian.

Really dig the perspective of the community and the various podcasters.

I'm old.
    MichelleMurderbearFlukesNaugustineEine Fraucdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm Michelle, have been loving on all things Bald Move for 6 years, and have been a club member for 5.  I'm in northern Cali, and an Assistant Controller for a company that supports the hydroponic industry.  I'm single, no kids (but have two nieces who are my world), a total foodie, love the beach & warm Cali sunshine, *love* to travel, pretty girlie for the most part and still have love for 80s stuff.  And it wouldn't be me if I didn't say, go A's.  :)

Fav tv:  Friends, Seinfeld, Sex and the City, Top Chef, Project Runway, Million Dollar Listing New York, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Lost, Mad Men, American Horror Story, A Million Little Things, The Handmaid's Tale, Harlots, The Young/New Pope, Who Do You Think You Are (I've been working my Ancestry family tree for 20 years), & various British shows.
    NoelMurderbearFlukesNaugustineEine Fraucdrive
  • My name is Greg, I live in Toronto and I develop programs aimed at reducing the youth crime rate for the provincial government.  I love the Toronto Raptors almost as much as @Chinaski does ;)

My milk comes in bags and I put pineapple where it belongs - on pizza.

NoelcdriveMurderbearMichelleFlukesChinaskiMoonMan13NaugustineEine Frau
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    My name is Greg, I live in Toronto and I develop programs aimed at reducing the youth crime rate for the provincial government.  I love the Toronto Raptors almost as much as @Chinaski does ;)

Damn dude, I need to get you over on 3RT sometime to share what you're doing and what you've learned along the way!
  • My name is Greg, I live in Toronto and I develop programs aimed at reducing the youth crime rate for the provincial government.  I love the Toronto Raptors almost as much as @Chinaski does ;)

Damn dude, I need to get you over on 3RT sometime to share what you're doing and what you've learned along the way!
    It's pretty easy actually, most of us figure it out when we're kids.  You just need to get a special jug and the bag slides right in, like this:

Oh....you probably meant my job.  Right.  Any time :) 
    MurderbearcalebthrowercdriveNoelMichelleDeeHatorianAlkaid13ShumDoctor_Nickand 12 others.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited July 20
    I'm Jeff. I've been hanging around these parts since about 2014 and finally became a member about a year or so after listening to everything Bald Move had for free and felt guilty. I am also a dreaded Moderator here so keep it cool. Ha! Oh, and I am a murderous bear, not a murderer of bears. (It comes up occasionally)

I play percussion in a couple of bands and love to make beats. I'm also a producer and editor of a podcast. At my old job I was able to listen to music and podcasts all day and I don't think that will be possible with my new job so I think I am about to be going through some withdrawal.

Edit: Oh and I believe that if you want to eat pineapple on pizza, go for it! It's delicious.
    MichelleNaugustinecdrive
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Dee. Mod. Old. Australian. Pineapple on pizza should be treated with the contempt it deserves. 
    MurderbearFreddyNoelFlukesHatorianMichellecdriveNaugustineEine Frau
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited July 20
    My name is Hov, H to the O V!

Oops, sorry about that. Got a little carried away. Hello there! My name is Freddy C. Big fan of cognac, cigars, gangster rap, and Bald Move's "Bad Guy Clem" Walking Dead play throughs. If I could travel anywhere back in time it would be to the era of mid-great coke and pre-AIDS.
    CretanBullA_Ron_HubbardNoelmostlywrightNaugustineEine Frau
    Bravo, haha. Although bagged milk is wild to me, only because it seems it's either way better than carton/jug, or vice versa. The fact that two neighoring countries sells this very specific product in two wildly different ways boggles my mind. It's kind of like different shaped power plugs and what not. One has to be superior, we should just all use that.

CretanBull
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Bravo, haha. Although bagged milk is wild to me, only because it seems it's either way better than carton/jug, or vice versa. The fact that two neighoring countries sells this very specific product in two wildly different ways boggles my mind. It's kind of like different shaped power plugs and what not. One has to be superior, we should just all use that.

We don't even do it the same throughout Canada. There's nary a bag of milk to be found here anymore.
    Cory
    Aha, the inherent superiority of the rigid container has started to assert itself.
    NoelMurderbearFlukesbazjensterFreddy
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Amy. 30. UK.

Been messing around on here since 2015. Came for Breaking Good, stayed for the rest! You'll mostly find me on the movie threads, but I DO be lurking.  ;)
    mostlywrightNoelMurderbearcdriveMichellebazjensterFreddyNaugustineEine Frau
  • Cherri, 50, Iowa. Came for Game of Thrones and Bald Move was my podcast gateway drug. I had never listened to a podcast prior and now I am an addict. I am just devastated that I was unaware of podcasting, Reddit etc, as I have always been a huge fan of things like the X-Files and Lost and science fiction in general-so many productive hours I could have wasted living in rabbit holes. 
    MurderbearcdriveMichellebazjensterNoelFreddyNaugustineEine Frau
  • Flukes said:

We don't even do it the same throughout Canada. There's nary a bag of milk to be found here anymore.
    Alberta is hardly Canada  :#
    NoelFlukes
  • Aha, the inherent superiority of the rigid container has started to assert itself.
    India have bagged milk.  +1 billion to my side :)
    mostlywrightNoelbazjensterMurderbearFreddyMichelleA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Teresa. Boomer. California now but New York most of my life and all of my heart.

I work in strategic planning for a major bank. I have a son and a daughter that live in Arizona. A few months ago I would have said in my spare time I like to garden and try new recipes. But in the COVID reality I now say in my spare time I work in the garden, cook, make jewelry, hike by myself, do puzzles, watch the Wire (first-timer), trying to play the accordion...you get the idea.

Found Bald Move in 2016 with GoT, and it took off from there. Sadly I have no shows to listen to (I do not watch Walking Dead) so only have Lunchtime. I hope they cover more shows soon. 
    mostlywrightcdriveMurderbearCretanBullFreddyNoelMichelleA_Ron_HubbardNaugustineEine Frau
  • Teresa. Boomer. California now but New York most of my life and all of my heart.

I work in strategic planning for a major bank. I have a son and a daughter that live in Arizona. A few months ago I would have said in my spare time I like to garden and try new recipes. But in the COVID reality I now say in my spare time I work in the garden, cook, make jewelry, hike by myself, do puzzles, watch the Wire (first-timer), trying to play the accordion...you get the idea.

Found Bald Move in 2016 with GoT, and it took off from there. Sadly I have no shows to listen to (I do not watch Walking Dead) so only have Lunchtime. I hope they cover more shows soon. 

Just don't try to become one of those fancy 3 accordion families.
    FreddyMichelleNoelEine Frau
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Teresa. Boomer. California now but New York most of my life and all of my heart.

Neither do I. I know there are many on here who listen to the podcast and don't watch the show. I just find it funny to try and piece together what he heck is going on based on what Jim and A.Ron say  :D
    majjam0770
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    edited July 21
    Caleb here. I live in the Upstate of South Carolina with my wife and four year old son. I teach 6th grade Social Studies and my wife works in education as well. I have been listening to Bald Move since around 2012 and have been a club member since it stared. In my free time I like to chill with the family, read, play video games, and cross stitch. I also like to watch sports (Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins, Gamecocks). I am [maybe?] one of the few listeners who is religious but I would consider myself a part of the "religious left" and believe in sweeping social change that is badly overdue. I'm glad to have had many great (and sometimes weird) conversation on this board over the years!

My favorite Bald Move podcast is Following The Leftovers. I think this is STILL some of their best work to date.
    cdriveFreddyNoelMichelleSchluppA_Ron_Hubbardmajjam0770NaugustineEine Frau
  • Casey here, Jim and ARon have been my prestige tv spirit guides since 2012 (or maybe 2011?), and I've been wasting time as a club member here on the forums since 2015!
    Michellemajjam0770NaugustineEine Frau
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California

Just don't try to become one of those fancy 3 accordion families.
     Don’t know how you found that photo but I haven’t laughed this hard in weeks!
    CretanBullmajjam0770cdriveTravis
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    Josh. 

Found Bald Move during the final season of Mad Men - still holding a candle for the rewatch (eh, @Michelle?); been here ever since.

From St. Louis - formerly Omaha. Skills do not include updating the location on My Bald Move profile.
    MichelleTeresa from ConcordA_Ron_Hubbardmajjam0770cdriveNaugustine
  • Hey, I'm Neal!  I live in Cleveland, OH with my partner, our cats and hamster.

I found the Breaking Good podcast right before going on a long drive and binging the episodes and I've been hooked ever since.

I've mostly lurked in the forums the past 6 years.  I have to say I'm glad the BM has more of a Twitch presence now.
    I feel more comfortable chatting there but always love reading the posts here on the forums!  You're all doing great, keep it up  ;)

JoshuaHeterMichelleNoelMurderbearmajjam0770cdriveNaugustineEine Frau
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    edited July 21
    Hi. I’m Jared and I like stuff.

NoelMurderbearMichellemajjam0770cdriveCretanBullNaugustineAlkaid13Eine Frau
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Cory from Houston. I watch movies, listen to records and podcasts. I found BM looking for a good Leftovers pod. 
    NoelMurderbearMichellemajjam0770cdriveNaugustineEine Frau
  • edited July 21
    Hey I'm Tony. I'm from the northern suburbs of Saint Paul/Minneapolis Minnesota. Single in my mid 30s and live 5 houses down from my brother, his wife and 3 monsters they call their kids. I'm real close with my family of 6 siblings, all of which are half, the closest in age being 8 years older. It's a long story...

I jumped on the Bald Move wagon in 2016 when I got a new job with the corporate side of Target and could listen to music/podcasts on a regular basis.  I basically bust store employees that are stealing from Target.

Came for Game of Thrones, stayed for everything else. Big into football (Vikings) and hockey (Wild) otherwise TV and movies are my love. I lurk a lot more than I post in the forums but I'm trying to be better about that. 
    NoelDeeMichellemajjam0770cdriveMurderbearGiovanniNaugustineEine Frau
  • Hello my name is Mary.  Single, early 40's, one daughter, 2 dogs.  I live in Seattle and started listening to Bald Move GOT podcasts a few years ago, which stretched out to Bald Movies and then lots of other things.

I work in manufacturing - actually in milk manufacturing so the whole bagged milk thing really piques my interest.  I have spent more time than anyone ever should in meetings where the weight of the plastic milk gallon is discussed and how much $$$ can be saved by reducing the plastic used.... Zzzzz.     You Canadians (and Indians) are onto something!  Seriously it seems like environmentally it would use much less plastic.  We really should look into this more!

I don't comment or check in as much as I used to on the forums but the discussion seems to have died down in general a bit.  I still enjoy the podcasts and always hope they take up a show or movie that I like

MichelleCretanBullcdriveMurderbearNoelcalebthrowerDeeNaugustineEine FrauA_Ron_Hubbard
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Posted some of this on the other meet'n'greet forum cuz I'm not sure where I belong. Forum lurker since 2016. Listener since, idk when. Probably walking dead then GoT or something like that. Love the movie coverage too. I'll listen to things I don't watch and imagine the show - like to do the same by reading spoilers for shows just for the hell of it. Classic simulation dependency (not sure that's a thing; see Incredibles 2). Architect. sci-fi lover. horror fan. Horrible with music knowledge.
    cdriveCretanBullMurderbearNoelMichelleNaugustineEine FrauA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Hello there. I am Erica, and I am a 47 year old emergency department RN in southwest Washington state. Generation X! Represent! Anyway, I joined BM in 2015, mostly because I love watching really good tv and movies and dissecting the characters and story. I listen to waaaaaay too many podcasts. I read a lot. For the past few years I’ve been on a real sci-fi tear. I love being outside, hiking, camping, gardening, staring into the middle distance and thinking about my life choices.  Anyway. 
    DeeNoelMichellecdriveMurderbearNaugustineMoonMan13A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited July 23
    Nick, NYC, 42.  I seem to remember starting by looking for a Justified podcast, so that must have been 2012 or 2013 because I remember being unhappy when they dropped the show but I stayed around for GoT and Westworld and Mr. Robot..... 
    MichelleMurderbearNaugustinemostlywrightA_Ron_Hubbard