Waterworld

Delightful!  Total nostalgia for me.  I was a senior at University of Cincinnati the summer this came out. Went to see it with a few friends/classmates.  On one hand I was pissed because money was tight and I wasted money on that movie.  (I probably saw 3 movies during my entire time in college.  Going to the bar with friends was a way higher priority.)  But on the other hand I don't ever remember laughing harder at a film while watching it.  We really irritated one of friends bc she had been really looking forward to the movie.  Eventually she got on board and we had a blast making fun of it.  We may have even walked out. I can't remember!   Which reminds me of the only other time I walked out of a movie - Joe Vs. The Volcano.  Thanks for the memories guys! 
JimJoshuaHeter

Comments

• I’m ashamed to say, I really like this movie haha. It’s one of those “oh! Waterworld is on!” for me
    JimJSDCAFreddy
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I hated Joe vs The Volcano the first time I saw it, but I like it more each time I get a chance to see it!
    gguenotJSDCA
  • I hated Joe vs The Volcano the first time I saw it, but I like it more each time I get a chance to see it!

I'll watch pretty much anything you guys review - so if you review it,  I will give it another chance!
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    gguenot said:
    I’m ashamed to say, I really like this movie haha. It’s one of those “oh! Waterworld is on!” for me
    Same here! I'll go a step further and say it's actually pretty good all things considered. I mean, everything went wrong and it is still a perfectly watchable Hollywood film. I also have certain soft spot for 90s sci-fi blockbusters. It's right at home in my wheelhouse along with Jurassic Park, The Matrix, and Independence Day.
    gguenot
  • Freddy said:
    gguenot said:
    I’m ashamed to say, I really like this movie haha. It’s one of those “oh! Waterworld is on!” for me
    Same here! I'll go a step further and say it's actually pretty good all things considered. I mean, everything went wrong and it is still a perfectly watchable Hollywood film. I also have certain soft spot for 90s sci-fi blockbusters. It's right at home in my wheelhouse along with Jurassic Park, The Matrix, and Independence Day.
    Dude I agree 100%, definitely in the same category of Independence Day 
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    Only semi-related. This cast got me to finally watch “The Postman”, Costner’s other post-apocalyptic money dump.

How bad could it *be*? I wondered to myself.

The answer - as it turns out - “very”.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I'll buy another year-long Bald Move subscription if I never have to hear Aron describe my mom cream herself over Kevin Costner again. 
    JoshuaHeterJSDCATeresa from ConcordRyanReeseman