ExpressVPN...can't get it to do the thing.

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
Anyone use ExpressVPN and can get it to work for Amazon Prime?

I heard the guys talk about it I think on the Rushmore or maybe the Scott Pilgrim podcast and I got all excited cause I thought now I can finally watch Hernán.  But I can't get it work.  Anyone else try using this and have luck?  

Comments

• I have NordVPN and it won't work for Prime either.
  • Do you get a message like this, where it recognizes that you're connected to a VPN?

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I'm not getting that message.  I tried a PC and my phone, and both will say "not available in your country" even with the VPN running.  And Amazon Prime won't find the show in search. I have to google the show to get to the Amazon Prime show page for Spain.    
  • cdrive said:
    I'm not getting that message.  I tried a PC and my phone, and both will say "not available in your country" even with the VPN running.  And Amazon Prime won't find the show in search. I have to google the show to get to the Amazon Prime show page for Spain.    
    That's strange, but I suspect that if you get around that problem you'll end up running into the problem that I have where Prime detects that I'm using a VPN.
  • Hmm. I just tried Disney* and Prime on my phone and it worked with ExpressVPN app. 
  • Unfamiliar with Express VPN.  Are you able to choose which endpoint you connect to?  Are you connecting to an endpoint in a country that has the show you are looking for?  With most VPN providers, it will connect to the closest endpoint, but you should be able to specify one you want to connect to.  (Meaning, appear to be from.)  
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    You can choose which endpoint, like for me I chose Spain, but the whole point of it doesn’t work. Or maybe I’m not getting it. When I canceled and asked for a refund the service tech said if I had a UK billing address then it will work for what I was trying to watch (Again, Hernan).  And I’m thinking uhhhhhhh I don’t have a UK billing address ergo the whole point of, you know what never mind.  :D
  • Maybe that was a hint.  Can you edit your billing address there?