Drunk History Cancelled by Comedy Cental

Not sure how many people here liked that show, but apparently it was renewed for season 7 was in pre production before Covid, however last week it was announced that Comedy Central decided to cancel the show.   Looks like Comedy Central wants to focus on adult animated series going forward and this show didn't fit it's new direction.

I hope this show finds a new home.   It isn't always great, but more often than not I end up on wikipedia learning about the characters/stories they feature and end up learning in the process.   Plus it was entertaining to see the different actors acting out the lines narrated by drunk folks.

Did anyone watch the show?   Some of my favorites:

The other queen of Egypt

Claudette Colvin

Kellogg's Corn flakes

kingbee67Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra

Comments

• Never really clicked for me, but I knew people who really liked it. Bummer. 
    DoubleA_Ron
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I love this show, it's such a great concept and a lot of stories I'd never heard before. The rotation of comedians was great, tons of people that I only knew from Comedy Bang Bang or some other podcast appearances or smaller sitcom roles. Going animated would have ruined some of the magic though, a lot of the comedy was in the way they earnestly acted out the drunk ramblings.

It's sad to see it go but six seasons is a good run and it'll hold up for a long time, I'm sure there will always be people discovering this show.
    aki
  • I absolutely LOVE the show. I'm sad that it's cancelled, but it was a good run. I rewatch a lot of the old episodes again and again. It doesn't really get old for me.
    bizmarkiefaderaki
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    This is bummer. It is a comfort show for me. Not too loud and seeing comedians that you love from other stuff pop in there is awesome. It is also a real bummer that they previously green lighted the next season, to then cancel it. 
    aki
  • Aubrey Plaza has Cleopatra..sign me up
    aki
  • Cancel culture strikes again 
  • I'll miss this one. 
  • I didn't watch a lot of it but I love the Tesla/Edison sketch from one of the earlier seasons.  Crispin Glover and John C Reilly - it always makes me laugh 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gOR91oentQ
  • Good show to binge on YouTube, especially when you also happen to be a little tipsy.