Comments

• I've only been able to make it through a few episodes of Season 2.  I couldn't really make myself care too much about the setup.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Tons of shows are just dropping like flies. I never watched any of this, but this is part of the fallout of Covid, i am assuming. At least in part anyway. 
  • I really like the first season, outside of some bad acting.  The new lead is a good actor though, and I liked Poe, but it was just kinda very meh in my book....
  • No great loss there. This already show took itself too seriously, but they somehow straddled the line of also being trashy fun in season one. Season two was just dull, I couldn't get through it.
  • ditto, loved S1, didn't make it through two episodes of S2 

I'm happy to leave it at that heh
    Peeps
  • Likewise loved season 1, season 2 was pretty meh. Netflix fucked up with this because the concept this show introduced with stacks has serious potential. 
    Peeps
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I haven't start season two yet.  Now I might never.

The exact same thing played out with...a show I forget the name of... and I've never watched the second season of that, 3 years later.  They did get a Netflix movie to finish it, too.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    This is probably an unpopular opinion, but Mackie was a terrible choice to be the lead on the second season.  I was worried about that season as soon as he was announced as the lead. 

He's just doesn't have enough charisma or whatever "it" is to lead a show IMO.  The show was confusing enough, but a good actor would have been able to make it more watchable. 

He's just always there, not horrible, not great, just there. Even in that black mirror episode he was OK, not great. 

That Falcon Winter Soldier show could be a mess.  He and Sebastian Stan just aren't super compelling to watch. 

Missed opportunity for the show runners. It was a cool world they created, but they might have been better off to tweak the book plot and have the original lead back or roll with the original asian version of the character.   
    awookieeSchlupp
  • Missed opportunity for the show runners. It was a cool world they created, but they might have been better off to tweak the book plot and have the original lead back or roll with the original asian version of the character.   
    I thought the original asian character would have worked much better from the start, he had the necessary intensity for an interstellar warrior. Even though I liked some of the first season it felt tamed, dumbed down, often dragging and predictable while completly missing the punk aspect of cyber punk.
    I rather watch Alita battle angel again than season 2 I guess.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    rhcoop said:
     The show was confusing enough
    Just starting season 2, so its not just me then? I'm feeling pretty confused, but felt it was mostly because its been over 2.5 years since I watched season 1.
  • Like others, enjoyed season 1 and barely got through 3 episodes of season 2. 

Agree about the concept of the show too. The idea of stacks lends itself to an almost infinite run as you can recast characters all the time.

The only problem is you have to tell interrsting, cohesive stories. 

Maybe I'll go back and watch the whole thing and it will make more sense.
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Season one was tolerable. I don't think I made it to the end of the first episode of season 2
  • Season 2 only works if you do a complete rewatch of Season 1. The “previously on” is absolute shite and I too was completely lost after 2.5 yrs. After the rewatch, I thought Season 2 was enjoyable and warranted a Season 3. But this might be an unpopular opinion...