Regina King speaking at Target event (Zoom)

So I work for Target at their corporate headquarters in Minnesota. Target every year flies in all the store leaders and invites all headquarters team members to a big event called Fall National at the Target Center (MN Timberwolves stadium). It showcases big things coming to Target in the near future and they always have guest speakers and live musical performances. They always have some big name celebrities there to either reveal their line if products or perform.

Well this year everything is obviously being done through Zoom and we just got the invite to a zoom meeting that Regina King and Yara Shahidi will be speaking at. I know it's not like I'll be meeting Regina King but I'm psyched. I'm not big into music to begin with so the live performances never really did much for me.
cdrive

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Nice!  If you get a chance to speak with her say "Loan me 200 dollars!"

awookiee
  • edited August 2020
    cdrive said:

Obviously she was in Friday but wasn't that Ice Cube asking his mom for $200 dollars? It's been a long time since I've seen that movie. 

I would love to ask her to get just 1 "What the FUCK" that was a very common line from Watchmen but I'm not sure that's appropriate lol.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    awookiee said:
    cdrive said:

Obviously she was in Friday but wasn't that Ice Cube asking his mom for $200 dollars? It's been a long time since I've seen that movie. 

I would love to ask her to get just 1 "What the FUCK" that was a very common line from Watchmen but I'm not sure that's appropriate lol.
    He hits up Dana for $200 too after getting shut down by his mom if I remember right, but "What the FUCK" is awesome!  Probably not kosher with Corporate Target though, haha!  That's so cool man.  I like when corporate for companies hires in the big speaker.  I don't have a story, but my wife once got to meet Magic Johnson in a similar thing.  Regina King is so great.  This reminded me I still need to see If Beale Street Could Talk.
    awookiee