Bill and Ted Face the Music !!Spoilers!!

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Just finished it, and I really had a good time with it. I have no idea what you'll make of it if you don't have a lot of affection and nostalgia for the originals. But I do! And it's great! Ending resolution is ridiculous, as is tradition. Noho Hank from Barry was particularly good as the akward killer robot.

Jim and I will be recording a podcast on it for release this evening, and I can't wait to hear what the World's Oldest Millennial will think of it.

What did everybody else think?

JoshuaHeter

Comments

• JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited August 28
    I actually found myself getting a little choked up at the end: so much unity depicted on screen in a time when... well... there isn’t so much of it IRL.

When it comes to the franchises I have nostalgia for, all I want is for the new additions to feel “worthy” of the established material. This definitely cleared that bar: quirky, fun, etc. Good stuff.
  • I was so turned off my the trailer but the reviews and die hards talking it up have me way back in
  • edited August 29
    I have much love for the originals, but I felt like this was uninspired, and just not very entertaining. It had some good laughs here and there, but ultimately I couldn't get over a few things (like the actress who played Ted's daughter). I'm anxious to hear the full review.

I hate being the first person in a thread to say I didn't like it though. I feel like if I say my expectations were too high, some will say... What were you thinking? It's Bill and Ted..What did you expect? But for some reason the first 2 movies really jive with me.  I felt Keanu didn't slip into Ted as well as I thought he would. I bet he had lots of fun playing different versions of himself though. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I feel like I’ve reached the pinnacle of achievements after getting a throwaway mention in a Bill and Ted podcast. 

JoshuaHeter
  • edited August 30
    I watched it with Spanish subtitles and every time they said "dude" (which was a lot), the screen read: Amigo! 

So I guess.... party on, amigos?

Besides that, I didn't love it. Getting the band together was amusing. And yeah, the nostalgia factor was high. After listening to the podcast, I feel like I missed the point. Am I just a crumudgony old fuck now? Boo hiss. 

It probably dind't help that my kids were running around and I missed half the movie. But did I? Shrug.