Holy shit, Justin Theroux wrote Iron Man 2?

Yes Kevin Garvey Jr. himself fucking wrote the screenplay for Marvel's Iron Man 2 (arguably one of the shittier ones in the entire MCU, but still.)..)
Travis

Comments

• The Justin hammer stuff is good. Apparently they threw out a lot of Mickey’s work which he was pissed about. 

He’s quietly in a lot of stuff Whether writing or acting like the DJ in Zoolander. 
    Travis
  • He wrote Tropic Thunder as well!
    ChinaskiHatorianFreddyOpusWho
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
     Never go full Theroux
    Travis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    EMAW42 said:
    He wrote Tropic Thunder as well!
    no shit? well i'll be damned.
    HatorianFreddy
  • Chinaski said:
    EMAW42 said:
    Top 3 comedy of the 2000s in my view
    bizmarkiefader
  • Chinaski said:
    EMAW42 said:
    I had no clue about either of these but Tropic Thunder is definitely the one that is more impressive.  That was one hell of a movie.  Iron Man 2 is generally seen as a weaker link in the MCU but I enjoyed it for what it was.  Good ole Sam Rockwell was amazing in the Justin Hammer role.  He fit that role perfectly. 
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    awookiee said:
    Chinaski said:
    EMAW42 said:
    I had no clue about either of these but Tropic Thunder is definitely the one that is more impressive.  That was one hell of a movie.  Iron Man 2 is generally seen as a weaker link in the MCU but I enjoyed it for what it was.  Good ole Sam Rockwell was amazing in the Justin Hammer role.  He fit that role perfectly. 
    Tropic Thunder is almost underrated despite being so well loved. It's truly an original, classic comedy.
    awookieeHatorian
  • Tropic Thunder and Super Bad are the two movies that made me laugh the hardest in the theater. Tropic Thunder in a theater was like being at a stand up show. Late 2000's was such a good era for comedy. 
    Freddy
  • Tropic Thunder and Super Bad are the two movies that made me laugh the hardest in the theater. Tropic Thunder in a theater was like being at a stand up show. Late 2000's was such a good era for comedy. 
    The “commercials” to start the movie were absolutely an amazing idea. I remember looking at my dad confused like “is there really a booty sweat drink at concessions?”
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 11
    Hatorian said:
    The Justin hammer stuff is good. Apparently they threw out a lot of Mickey’s work which he was pissed about. 

He’s quietly in a lot of stuff Whether writing or acting like the DJ in Zoolander. 
    He co-wrote Zoolander also, didn't he? That's what I have in my head anyways.

EDIT: Oh, I guess it was Zoolander 2 which wasn't as good as the first but was still really fun, and a total trip that it came out of Kevin Garvey.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    He is also a frequent David Lynch collaborator. The guy is all over the place. 
    Travis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    He is also a frequent David Lynch collaborator. The guy is all over the place. 
    he's an International Assassin! of course he is!
    TravisDummy
  • Travis said:
    Hatorian said:
    The Justin hammer stuff is good. Apparently they threw out a lot of Mickey’s work which he was pissed about. 

He co-wrote Zoolander also, didn't he? That's what I have in my head anyways.

EDIT: Oh, I guess it was Zoolander 2 which wasn't as good as the first but was still really fun, and a total trip that it came out of Kevin Garvey.

Hatorianawookiee