Ted Lasso

Anyone watching this?

basically it was created off a 5 minute comedy sketch from NBC to promote the EPL (English Soccer league) games on TV but was liked enough to turn it into a series for AppleTV. Here’s the sketch, some of the jokes are reused but it’s not spoilers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

I give this a A+ for being so much better than it has any right to be. It’s funny, it’s got a ton of heart, it tackles serious issues and just hits you in the feels each episode. Tons of likeable characters and it’s just good expatriate fun. 

Dee

Comments

• That was such a great promo I was wondering why they hadn't done more with it.

They had a great Lassoism in the first episode:

"Meeting a challenge is like riding a horse.  If it's comfortable, ya probably ain't doin' it right."

I watched all the free episodes but it hasn't made me subscribe to Apple TV to finish it.  
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 5
    That was such a great promo I was wondering why they hadn't done more with it.

"Meeting a challenge is like riding a horse.  If it's comfortable, ya probably ain't doin' it right."

I watched all the free episodes but it hasn't made me subscribe to Apple TV to finish it.  
    my personal favorite but not from the series was the below..

“If you tried to end a football game in America with a tie, heck that might be listed in revelations as cause for the apocalypse”
  • Hopefully someone will create a Ted lassoisms page cuz he’s got at least 2-3 an episode. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 5
    That was such a great promo I was wondering why they hadn't done more with it.

Also not saying to sign up but I’d find a way to get watch the rest. It settles in a bit after the fish out of water and episodes 4-6 have some really great dramedy. And they add a new character who just Delivers a ton of positivity that we need right now. 
  • Picked this up on your recommendation.  A+. It's exactly what I didn't know I needed. So much heart and positivity. Also, Ted reminds me of a good friend of mine in his general attitude. Just finished episode 3.
    Hatorian
  • Picked this up on your recommendation.  A+. It's exactly what I didn't know I needed. So much heart and positivity. Also, Ted reminds me of a good friend of mine in his general attitude. Just finished episode 3.
    Glad you did man. The next 3 episodes are pretty damn good as well.