How powerful is Storm front?

I definitely think Homelander will kill her by season's end.

However, what I'm not sure of, will he just obliterate her, or will she be able to put up a real fight?
Travis

Comments

• It's interesting. I actually think that Starlight will kill her, but I think Storm Front is more powerful and there will be some teamwork/cunning involved. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Homelander, but that's where my gut is going.

Side note: I love that character and I'm so glad that Aya Cash is playing her. It's pretty perfect. I also love that they made her WAY more "morally compromised" than they would have had you think at the start. Man, great add.
  • Maybe we'll have a Ned Stark situation where the character we assume has full plot-armor (Homelander) is suddenly killed by a seemingly weaker, but far more devious and manipulative Joffrey Stormfront. I don't think that would happen, but would definitely be another way to mix up the superhero genre if 'Superman' is killed off half-way through the story. 

During their verbal confrontation in ep4, Stormfront seemed to rise to the level of moderately annoyed vs. an obviously furious Homelander, so not sure what her endgame is if she doesn't at least think she has a shot at taking him.

Travis
  • A couple of hints thus far. She did seem a little uncomfortable when Homelander went glow-eyed and shifted from snarky to more placating to talk him down. How much of that is genuine concern and how much was an act to put one over on Homelander is a question.

Then, from the season's trailer
    we have a scene where Homelander lasers Stormfront's chest and not only does it not seem to harm her, she appears to get some sadomasochistic pleasure out of it. So she may be more of a match for him than she was letting on in that scene in episode 4.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    jluzania said:
    A couple of hints thus far. She did seem a little uncomfortable when Homelander went glow-eyed and shifted from snarky to more placating to talk him down. How much of that is genuine concern and how much was an act to put one over on Homelander is a question.
    Whether she can take him or not, I think it was an act.  I think Gus Edgar wants her to steal his social spotlight to make Homelander vulnerable and more easily controlled.
  • edited September 14
    I read some fan speculation that she might be homelanders biological mother which would be pretty messed up.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Schlupp said:
    I read some fan speculation that she might be homelanders biological mother which would be pretty messed up.
    I'm curious why Homelander is so much more powerful than all the other Supes.

They can't just give him extra powers with extra doses of Compound V, right, because we saw how extra doses affected A-Train.
  • It's essentially just a compound that causes generic mutation, right? I always just assumed homelander hit the genetic lottery, so to speak. Just like in X-men there are some mutations that are "congratulations, you're god now" and some that are "you get to make pretty, sparkly lights!" 
    Cory
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    ^^ That's what I think the case is, although for a while I toyed with the idea that Homelander is an extraterrestrial (a la Superman) who is the source of Compound V. I still like that idea, but it doesn't look like the show is moving in that direction. It seems that would have been dropped at the end of season 1; it doesn't have much power as a twist outside of that context. 
  • Did the Homelander - Stormfront sex scene clarify this any?  Jim and ARon still see Homelander as more powerful.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I see him as more powerful.

I think she wants a little Homelander baby of her own.
  • Yeah, I'm seeing it as an equivalent to the Superman/Wonder Woman power levels. Superman has generally shown to be stronger than Wonder Woman, but their levels are close enough and her fighting skills are good enough that she's defeated him one on one over the years. 

The fact that Homelander's beams don't slice Stormfront in half and that she can knock him across the room puts them pretty close, but they still hurt her. He's probably still stronger, but it would be a contest if they actually faced off. 

Though given the end of the latest episode, that's looking less likely. 
    Cory