Raised By Wolves - Episode 2 only (spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited September 6 in Other TV
EP 2 discussion 

Comments

• One thing that kinda bugs me- they show Lamia style androids fighting the war in the flashback - so why are the Mithraic explorers so dismissive of her?  And why are there no tactics for fighting her on the planet or in the Ark?  That force won the war, right?  How?
  • One thing that kinda bugs me- they show Lamia style androids fighting the war in the flashback - so why are the Mithraic explorers so dismissive of her?  And why are there no tactics for fighting her on the planet or in the Ark?  That force won the war, right?  How?
    They fought the Lamia style androids, but when they were in their "Necromancer" form (the form she takes when she flies and goes all crazy) so they wouldn't have recognized as one of them.  They didn't win the war.  The people on the Ark escaped earth before the entire planet was destroyed.
  • edited September 7
    One thing that kinda bugs me- they show Lamia style androids fighting the war in the flashback - so why are the Mithraic explorers so dismissive of her?  And why are there no tactics for fighting her on the planet or in the Ark?  That force won the war, right?  How?
    I think this is explained in episode 3. My inference is that the atheists had the inferior technology. This is why Marcus knows how to react against a necromancer, because he actually fought them as an atheist on earth. 

Also, it was assumed she was an older model service Android by their cleric. I don't think they had any idea she was a necromancer until it was too late.

The Ark is mainly for the rich and wealthy, with probably with a few military officers thrown in. These aren't exactly the boots on the ground type of soldiers that know how to get things done. 

Doctor_Nick
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Giovanni said:
    One thing that kinda bugs me- they show Lamia style androids fighting the war in the flashback - so why are the Mithraic explorers so dismissive of her?  And why are there no tactics for fighting her on the planet or in the Ark?  That force won the war, right?  How?
    I think this is explained in episode 3. My inference is that the atheists had the inferior technology. This is why Marcus knows how to react against a necromancer, because he actually fought them as an atheist on earth. 

Also, it was assumed she was an older model service Android by their cleric. I don't think they had any idea she was a necromancer until it was too late.

The Ark is mainly for the rich and wealthy, with probably with a few military officers thrown in. These aren't exactly the boots on the ground type of soldiers that know how to get things done. 

But Marcus is posing on the side of the Mithraic so his knowledge of the necromancer isn't as an adversary, right?
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited September 8
    His knowledge of it is an adversary, that's why he nearly blows his cover when the Mithraists start the hymm for the soulless and he doesn't want to hear it.  All the other Mithraists would know it as an ally.  
    I guess you have to suppose that the Mithraists didn't build an easy disable system into the Necromancers, because they certainly seemed nearly helpless fighting a version of their own weapon. 
    MoonMan13 said:

But Marcus is posing on the side of the Mithraic so his knowledge of the necromancer isn't as an adversary, right?

Giovanni
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    His knowledge of it is an adversary, that's why he nearly blows his cover when the Mithraists start the hymm for the soulless and he doesn't want to hear it.  All the other Mithraists would know it as an ally.  
    I guess you have to suppose that the Mithraists didn't build an easy disable system into the Necromancers, because they certainly seemed nearly helpless fighting a version of their own weapon. 
    MoonMan13 said:

Ok I think I totally misread this whole situation. From my perspective Lamia is/was a tool of the atheists - hence her role in supporting that viewpoint in raising the children. And since marcus started on that side he knew about the necromancer, even when he shouldn't bc he's posing as a mithraist. Additionally I thought I picked up a moment when Lamia touches his face in a knowing way before removing him from the shuttle instead of killing him, in my mind sparing him out of some sort of recognition of who he fight for? Does any of that track?
  • did she crash just a ship of the Ark? or did she literally destroy the main ark and the entire human race right there minus the children she saved? 
  • Hatorian said:
    did she crash just a ship of the Ark? or did she literally destroy the main ark and the entire human race right there minus the children she saved? 
    The entire Ark.
  • Hatorian said:
    did she crash just a ship of the Ark? or did she literally destroy the main ark and the entire human race right there minus the children she saved? 
    The entire Ark.
    Damn. You think there would be better security for androids. Like a simple X-ray...definitely some suspension of disbelief a generational ship that took probably a century to build, trillions of dollars and the work of the smartest humans could just be wiped out with an Android waltzing in and doing a few simple commands..
  • MoonMan13 said:
    MoonMan13 said:

Ok I think I totally misread this whole situation. From my perspective Lamia is/was a tool of the atheists - hence her role in supporting that viewpoint in raising the children. And since marcus started on that side he knew about the necromancer, even when he shouldn't bc he's posing as a mithraist. Additionally I thought I picked up a moment when Lamia touches his face in a knowing way before removing him from the shuttle instead of killing him, in my mind sparing him out of some sort of recognition of who he fight for? Does any of that track?
    Sorry the episodes are blending in, I think it might be spoilers for the third episode.  
  • MoonMan13 said:
    MoonMan13 said:

Sorry the episodes are blending in, I think it might be spoilers for the third episode.  
    The 2nd and 3rd episode definitely blended together much more than the 1st and 2nd episode.  I'd be willing to bet most people watched all 3 episodes and I don't think anything major was given away to really worry about going back and editing.  Although this is also coming from someone that watched all 3 episodes before checking this out.  This show is definitely something else and I am digging it big time.  I've been knocking out some movies I've been meaning to watch lately so I just got around to watching this last night and today.  Next up is getting caught up on Lovecraft Country.  

cdrive