Raised By Wolves - Episode 3 only (spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
EP 3 discussion 

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 8
    the door that finally opens
    with light flooding in
    spilling out on the floor
    the core that never was
    now it will be
    the bones of what was there before

Ooh the lyrics and the haunting singing in the intro....  to me it sounds soooooooo much like A Small Plot of Land by David Bowie and the version that was used in Basquiat.

Okay so we know now it's not Munchausen by Proxy with mother but instead radiation?  Why isn't Campion affected? I need to go back and watch that part.  Travis Fimmel playing duck duck goose in slow mo through the kid clique was really great.  He did that as Ragnar a lot too.  Like the fiercest warrior can be mischievous/silly.  Doesn't have to act all hard all the time.  

I'm still trying to figure out who is responsible for destroying the earth.  Mithraists designed the Necromancers to kill Atheists originally right?  The atheists only reprogrammed necromancers to protect survivor atheist embryos?  And mother is only going full necro to protect the children?   Or did atheists reprogram necromancers during the war to hunt down mithraists, and it was mutually assured destruction, with both sides hands bloody?

I like how the plot thickened with us now knowing those 2 are impostors, secretly atheist and the murderers of the parents of that boy, who I guess they have truly adopted and now love after 13 years of sim.  

Freddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 9
    This version https://youtu.be/QaSeFYxXsu4

to me sounds like it influenced https://youtu.be/xHyq5UCVh4w

sort of like tuvan chanting and transcendental, powerful, ominous. 
  • @MoonMan13
    I think the Mithraists created the Necromancers, so all Marcus's knowledge is as an Atheist fighting them.  The Mithraists know them as their own product...
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    @MoonMan13
    I think the Mithraists created the Necromancers, so all Marcus's knowledge is as an Atheist fighting them.  The Mithraists know them as their own product...
    Ok, I watched through ep3 but I still must have missed it. Is it spelled out? Or am I not connecting the dots? I suppose there is a tech capability argument to be made, and the design seems more the mithraist's style, but for whatever reason I just bought mother as all-in on the atheists. 
  • Yes, I believe there's one part in episode 2 or 3 where they mention the atheists have lower tech, but I don't remember exactly where.

MoonMan13
  • Episode 3 - 14:46.  Marcus asking for permission to go get the kids.

"The Atheists must have reprogrammed her to be a caregiver."
    "Impossible, the Atheists have never managed to reprogram one of our Necromancers."
    MoonMan13
  • MoonMan13 said:
    @MoonMan13
    Ok, I watched through ep3 but I still must have missed it. Is it spelled out? Or am I not connecting the dots? I suppose there is a tech capability argument to be made, and the design seems more the mithraist's style, but for whatever reason I just bought mother as all-in on the atheists. 
    It's definitely spelled out in a scene, though I don't quite remember where either. Something along the lines, "How did they get a necromancer?! They don't have that kind of technology. They must have re-programmed it, but that's never been done before..." If anyone remembers the exact place let us know. Perhaps it's not that clear and I read into it more than I should have. 

My guess is the founder Campion (not the boy) reprogrammed Mother. I would assume he was an athiest, but who knows at this point. 
    MoonMan13
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Thanks everyone. Don't mean to be so persistently dense. But I'm loving the setup and themes and want to watch fully informed.
    cdriveGiovanni
  • edited September 10
    Episode 3 - 14:46.  Marcus asking for permission to go get the kids.

"The Atheists must have reprogrammed her to be a caregiver."
    "Impossible, the Atheists have never managed to reprogram one of our Necromancers."
    Go figure the Doctor comes through for the win.  That's exactly how I took it as well.  The Atheists fought against the Necromancers but somehow was able to get a hold of one and reprogram it for their own use.

@cdrive absolutely loved Marcus playing around with the kids, reminded so much of Ragnar and his fun goofy side from Vikings.  Did you hear that Netflix is making a History Channel version of Vikings spinoff called Vikings: Valhalla that will take place somewhere around 100 years after the events of Vikings.  I loved Vikings but it definitely took a downward turn after they killed a certain someone... https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/vikings-spin-off-vikings-valhalla-everything-we-know-so-far-09-2020/#:~:text=Vikings: Valhalla is a brand,History Channels signature Vikings series.&text=Vikings: Valhalla is an upcoming,MGM Productions like its predecessor.

Love what they are doing with this show.  If I'm reading this correctly the new episode should be out sometime today?  I was just on the HBO MAX app and didn't see it so I'm assuming it's coming out sometime tonight.  Glad to see this is getting the Off the Clock treatment but I need to get caught up on Lovecraft Country right quick so I can just listen to the entire new episode.  Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.
    MoonMan13
  • Apparently two episodes today.  
    awookieeMoonMan13