Stormfront theories/questions - Potential SPOILERS

So I'm left with some questions about the newest member of the Seven, mostly based on post-ep 3 research. I mainly looked all this up because I was 100% a fan and then 100% hated her and that pissed me off.

• How old is she really? 
  • Pippi Longstalking Halloween costume (seems a little "old fashioned")?
  • Lady Liberty connection?
  • Is she a Nazi? (Quick comment to Homelander about blue eyes, SS lightning bolts on posters at her "rally" in the trailer)
  • Vought (the actual guy) personal project?
  • Why would a Black man hire a white supremacist? Does he know?

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    From the jump I was suspicious. When they said the name "Stormfront" I was like, excuse me? I will admit I did not pick up on the blue eyes thing or the bolts on her poster. I wasn't really liking her and then obviously in episode 3 when she says the racist thing to Kenji on that rooftop. Yeesh.

I bet that not only does Edgar know she is racist but it was his idea to get that demographic on board. He is obviously not above shoving his morals aside for the almighty dollar.
  • I definitely think she has some connection to this Lady Liberty. (I have not read any source material) Just have a feeling. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    BroRad33 said:
    (I have not read any source material)
    I'm betting the OP has, considering at least part of their comment.

• mackeydp said:
    So I'm left with some questions about the newest member of the Seven, mostly based on post-ep 3 research. I mainly looked all this up because I was 100% a fan and then 100% hated her and that pissed me off.

• How old is she really? 
    • Pippi Longstalking Halloween costume (seems a little "old fashioned")?
    • Lady Liberty connection?
    • Is she a Nazi? (Quick comment to Homelander about blue eyes, SS lightning bolts on posters at her "rally" in the trailer)
    • Vought (the actual guy) personal project?
    • Why would a Black man hire a white supremacist? Does he know?
    My Question isn't why would a Black Guy hire a racists (Although that is a legit question). My question is why would a Racist company hire a black guy as their head man or CEO (If that's what he is) in the first place? Is it just for appearances?
  • I feel such organizations are always willing to make exceptions for "one of the good ones."
  • My theory is that Stormfront's real ability is power absorption, similar to Rogue from X-Men.

• the Pippi Longstocking reference, along with the "I changed with the times" quote seems to imply that she actually is old

• Stormfront appears to rival Homelander in power, but somehow nobody has heard of her before? Like Liberty wasn't as big of a deal in 1970 as Homelander is now???

• She refers to her mom as Adele? Others have speculated that Adele is actually her daughter.

• no other super hero displays anti-aging abilities. A-Train and his predecessor Marathon have been said to be past their peak. And many supes just look older than the 30-ish that Stormfront seems to be.

• Liberty appears to have blond hair in the flash back, and does not display either flight or lightning powers.

• All other Supes' names seem to be related to their powers somehow, but if Libery=Stormfront, what the fuck does Liberty have to do with lightning?

• in the most recent episode she tells Starlight something like, "I'm going to enjoy using you"

• she comments about Homelander's blue eyes

So yeah, my theory is she's an analog to Parasite from DC Comics. She started out as a blond haired blue eyed hero with generic strength powers, hence the name Liberty (an analog to Captain America). Each time she absorbs someone's powers she takes their youth and part of their appearance. She also becomes more powerful overall, so she's grown from a B-tier Supe fighting crime in the middle of nowhere, to a member of the 7.

As a white supremacist, she's eying Starlight and Homelander because she wants their hair and eye genes. And she wants to start an "Army of Supes", because that way she will have more people whose powers she can absorb.

majjam0770
  • There could be something to this - It seems like a lot of people think that the reluctant-seeming Sage Grove guy she talks to about turning a 17 year old into a "hero" is Lamplighter.  We will see I guess.  But she is definitely going to have this 17 yr old go through something unpleasant.  I was starting to think maybe she was absorbing youth somehow to stay young.

It looks like a lot of plot is going to be crammed into 3 episodes but I am really enjoying this show and I have faith it will be entertaining to the end.