DAE have concerns for the future of Bald Move?

I've been a Bald Move listener since practically the beginning. I used to listen when they'd team up with other people for other shows (i.e. Gotham Blotter, Direct, etc.). Some of those others were good but none of them paralleled to the chemistry and banter between Jim and ARon.While I understand that there will be some shows that one of them will not watch but want to discuss, like American Horror Story, and bring in their spouse in, it's not the same and have a hard time listening. That's their thing, and I end up skipping those shows after trying them.However, taking tried and true podcasts and adding their spouses to the mix is not what I signed up for. Not sure why this is even becoming a thing. People sign up and stream for Jim and ARon and their banter. Them together is the product people want.

I've even skipped quite a few Lunches because Cecily was added. Adding more cooks in the kitchen doesn't add up to quality. And right now I'm questioning if they're wanting to make good product or just add their spouses for the sake of it instead of looking for good experienced podcasters to join the team.

nstinson

Comments

• JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    edited September 8
    Joined today, no posts on the forum.  Misogynistic tone and message.  I don't believe you are actually concerned for the future of Bald Move.

Cecily was a joy to have on everything she was on, and so was Alexis.  J&A are certainly the core of BaldMove, but without bringing in other people they limit their output to only shows that Jim and Aron BOTH enjoy enough to do a podcast on.  Without bringing on other people, we would have less content.  If a particular show is not your bag, feel free to skip it without stopping by here to disparage their families.  That is your freedom.  

I for one think Bald Move gained a lot from having some female voices added to the mix.  

EDIT:
    Adding more cooks to the kitchen adds up to more content.  The only thing that adds up to quality is experience.  I would rather they bring on people they have good chemistry with and work on the experience, than bring on people they have no chemistry with that are experienced.  I suspect that is largely a personal preference and reasonable people can disagree.  

As to the future of Bald Move.  I do have concerns.  We have massive unemployment, we're facing the worst economic depression in almost a century, and a potential massive drought of content on the horizon.  
    MurderbearasmallcatgguenotDeeTravisawookiee
  • Joined today, no posts on the forum.  Misogynistic tone and message.  I don't believe you are actually concerned for the future of Bald Move.

Cecily was a joy to have on everything she was on, and so was Alexis.  J&A are certainly the core of BaldMove, but without bringing in other people they limit their output to only shows that Jim and Aron BOTH enjoy enough to do a podcast on.  Without bringing on other people, we would have less content.  If a particular show is not your bag, feel free to skip it without stopping by here to disparage their families.  That is your freedom.  

I for one think Bald Move gained a lot from having some female voices added to the mix.  

EDIT:
    Adding more cooks to the kitchen adds up to more content.  The only thing that adds up to quality is experience.  I would rather they bring on people they have good chemistry with and work on the experience, than bring on people they have no chemistry with that are experienced.  I suspect that is largely a personal preference and reasonable people can disagree.  

As to the future of Bald Move.  I do have concerns.  We have massive unemployment, we're facing the worst economic depression in almost a century, and a potential massive drought of content on the horizon.  
    A cohesive response to be sure, but have you considered the alternative, which appears to be women = bad? I think these two positions have equal merit, and we should definitely hear them out equally. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    asmallcat said:
    A cohesive response to be sure, but have you considered the alternative, which appears to be women = bad? I think these two positions have equal merit, and we should definitely hear them out equally. 

asmallcat
  • Is this another one of those eating ass posts?
    MurderbearMichelleNoelFreddy
  • asmallcat said:
    Joined today, no posts on the forum.  Misogynistic tone and message.  I don't believe you are actually concerned for the future of Bald Move.

EDIT:

I didn't take that he was saying that women = bad. To me, it seemed he had a valid concern that he listens to BM because of the interplay and chemistry between Jim and A.Ron. I definitely feel the same to a lesser extent. I enjoyed the BCS podcast this last season, but it took me awhile to get into it and I didn't enjoy it as much without A.Ron. It didn't have anything to do with adding a woman to the mix (I enjoyed the lunches with Cecily added to the mix and likewise I didn't enjoy the old GoT coverage with madbrew as much. It's not a problem with the women), but it was the lack of the two mainstays.

I think it's a valid concern to have, but I also think it's unrealistic to think that Jim and A.Ron will have to do all of the podcasts forever while still maintaining a growing listener base. To me, not growing or maintaining their numbers is the way they will for sure fail. I see not having enough content as more of a growing problem than having fewer podcasts with just the two of them.

To me, this just comes across as too dismissive. Of course, I also thought the replies to the ass whatever topic were as well :-p
    JoshTheBlack
  • gguenot said:
    Is this another one of those eating ass posts?
    Reinforcing the need for the mods to proactively shut down these types of threads as soon as they pop up.  

@op If you feel you have a valid feedback or concern, please send an email to hosts@baldmove.com.  I would urge you to edit for clarity and tone if you'd like the feedback to be taken seriously.  Remember, these are their families.

@mods, can we lock this thread before it goes off the rails?
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    You are correct @JoshTheBlack. When something like this pops up, I certainly don't want it to go off the rails again but I also do not want to immediately shut these types of things down because it seems like we do not allow any criticism at all. I don't think that is something they have ever really shied away from, especially A.Ron.

I am closing this one down though until the mods and @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard can discuss these types of posts.
This discussion has been closed.