Thomas Jane interview with The Kingcast (entertaining interview which involves BM covers)

I am a follower of the recently started "The Kingcast" podcast, which covers all things Stephen King related. They had a special interview with Thomas Jane recently which I think many here will find interesting and entertaining: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-kingcast-2/e/77458232

A few interesting highlights:
* He talks about directing an episode in season 5 of The Expanse)
* He talks about Frank Darabont being blacklisted
* He talks a little about them pitching The Walking Dead to HBO before AMC, but HBO didn't want to have another big monster tv series since they already had True Blood (Imagine how different a World that could have been... TWD on HBO with Darabont long term and with HBO money)
* He talks quite a bit about The Mist, including an amusing note of Darabont's money being cut. The dude couldn't get a break with studio heads and money. There were other interesting notes here also, including...
* He talks briefly about Melissa McBride and how basically she was an unknown and how her brief performance astounded everyone on set (they gave an ovation when her scene was done recording) and Frank Darabont liked her so much that he brought her along for TWD... and the rest is history.
* He also talks a bit about why he doesn't wear shoes... ever

He is an entertaining listen and touches on a lot of stuff. I think all of you will like it :)

Comments

• The bickering at the start with Anne Heche is pretty hilarious

nstinsonCecily
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I listened to this yesterday. (I love that podcast, by the way. They typically take a creator who choses a story of King's that has been adapted on screen, and then discuss the differences. Lately they have started a Patreon with bonus episodes. This is one of those, I believe, that was used to to entice more listeners to join their Patreon). I was expecting Jane to be a bit more obnoxious the way they built up the interview. I was thankful that he wasn't, and it was a very good interview, outside of the smugness that you tend to get in interviews on occasion. It had some really good nuggets of information.

I also found it really odd that Darabont, with his body of work, just doesn't have the keys to the castle at this point. There was even talk in the interview about it being an unknown if Darabont would ever really work in Hollywood again, much less direct. And that is just astounding to me. 
    nstinson
  • nstinson said:
    I am a follower of the recently started "The Kingcast" podcast, which covers all things Stephen King related. They had a special interview with Thomas Jane recently which I think many here will find interesting and entertaining: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-kingcast-2/e/77458232

* He talks a little about them pitching The Walking Dead to HBO before AMC, but HBO didn't want to have another big monster tv series since they already had True Blood (Imagine how different a World that could have been... TWD on HBO with Darabont long term and with HBO money)
    * He talks quite a bit about The Mist, including an amusing note of Darabont's money being cut. The dude couldn't get a break with studio heads and money. There were other interesting notes here also, including...
    * He talks briefly about Melissa McBride and how basically she was an unknown and how her brief performance astounded everyone on set (they gave an ovation when her scene was done recording) and Frank Darabont liked her so much that he brought her along for TWD... and the rest is history.

He is an entertaining listen and touches on a lot of stuff. I think all of you will like it :)

No shit, The Walking Dead with HBO style budgets and prestige would have been damn amazing. I want to live in that alternate universe where HBO actually picked up The Walking Dead just to see what they would have created and how well it would have done. 
    Dummynstinson
  • The bickering at the start with Anne Heche is pretty hilarious

I didn't even realize they were dating
  • I listened to this yesterday. (I love that podcast, by the way. They typically take a creator who choses a story of King's that has been adapted on screen, and then discuss the differences. Lately they have started a Patreon with bonus episodes. This is one of those, I believe, that was used to to entice more listeners to join their Patreon).

I'm really digging it as well. It was a Patreon episode they released to wide release
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    nstinson said:

Would've been a weird alternate timeline if TWD got picked up by HBO. Do we get Game of Thrones still? Different network?
    nstinson
  • The question is if that would be a good tradeoff or not