Billy Joel

So I knew Billy Joel was a thing but I am happy to see it come back this season. Greatest Hits 1 & 2 (double CD) was one of the first CD's my family bought and was a standard on road trips. This the album that "Second Wind" is on so it is familiar to me as Piano Man or Uptown Girl.

I did not know that video existed. Obviously not a heavy rotation MTV kinda video. 

As far as The Boys and connections go..and Im sorry if this is repeated information ..."We Didn't Start The Fire" came from a 1989 album called...Storm Front.

I'm calling "The Down Easter Alexa"  by the season end...in epic fashion. It is the best song on that record by far. "I Go To Extremes" would go great to but the DEA is the shit.

Comments

• I think the guys mentioned during this review. I graduated High School is 1987, so "We didn't start the fire" is completely contemporary to my age bracket and I would be damned to say I ever knew all the lyrics to that song even when it was in it's prime and on the radio all the time. The fact that in 2019 2 young kids would know that song word for word is kind of insane. It was a funny scene. But no way they know that song word for word.
    OpusWho
  • I think the guys mentioned during this review. I graduated High School is 1987, so "We didn't start the fire" is completely contemporary to my age bracket and I would be damned to say I ever knew all the lyrics to that song even when it was in it's prime and on the radio all the time. The fact that in 2019 2 young kids would know that song word for word is kind of insane. It was a funny scene. But no way they know that song word for word.
    I think if you say the first line to the versus I could finish them...
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    The really cool 80s kids still know the words to It’s The End Of The World As We Know It.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I don’t have a clue how anyone in the 90’s understood Kurt Cobain.