John Mayer Goes Outside (to my part of Northern Cali)

MichelleMichelle California
edited September 15 in General
So this is essentially a showcase for the vehicle, but that very quickly takes a backseat.  Check it out if you want to see how absolutely beautiful my general area of California is (I'm in a town south of here). :) :heart:  @Murderbear didn't you hike through Jedidiah Smith on your vacay?

Btw, the Paul Bunyan statue is at Trees of Mystery.  https://treesofmystery.net/

ChinaskiMurderbear

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Oh man, you are way up there. I am about 45 minutes West of South Lake Tahoe.  I am always amazed at how huge (and gorgeous) Northern California is. 
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 15
    Oh man, you are way up there. I am about 45 minutes West of South Lake Tahoe.  I am always amazed at how huge (and gorgeous) Northern California is. 
    I'm actually south of where they are in this vid, so I'm not as close to the Oregon border as they are, but it all looks exactly the same... redwoods, ferns, calm peaceful forests, beautiful shoreline.  Sometimes I think we tend to take it for granted because we see it every single day, but it is an incredibly picturesque area - not unlike where you are (I love the Tahoe & El Dorado/gold country area).  But yes, once you get north of San Francisco and into northern Mendocino county, then make your way into Humboldt and then Del Norte counties (they call it 'behind the redwood curtain'), it's gorrrrrgeous.  When the weather is warmer I sometimes hit the beach after work just to stand in the surf & zen out for a while. :)

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    You definitely can take it for granted after a while. When I was job hunting, I almost got a job in Ukiah, so Mendocino County area. In retrospect, i was glad that I didn't, it was pretty remote, as gorgeous as it is. I do go up to Eureka on occasion for work, and that drive is really long but so amazing to go through and look at. 
    Michelle
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Nice! Yeah, Jedidiah Smith Park was incredible!!
    Michelle
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Too bad we didn't have a swanky ass Land Rover!
    Michelle