The Mandalorian Season 2

kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
New trailer just dropped. Oct 30th, I'd say my hype level is about a 8.

JoshuaHeterrhcoopDeeHatoriancdrive

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yaaaaas. That looks like a lot of fun, I can't wait. 
    kuman07
  • I've heard people talk about the Seven Samurai and the Man With No Name but this was an obvious influence on the Mandalorian.

Lone Wolf and Cub
  • That’s not... Luke is it? 

Are there other Jedi left?
  • Definitely ready

Who?
    Who?

Obviously...

• First order troops in the trailer...wonder if we’re going to see part of the birth of the first order. 
    JoshuaHeter

The person in the robe is rumored to be Sabine Wren which is a character from Rebels that has connections to Ashoka Tano 
    JoshuaHeter
  • I’m starting to sign up to the idea baby Yoda is actually a clone of Yoda. 50 years old would put him at the exact age Yoda and and Palpatine would have fought in the senate. Palpatine gets his hands on yodas DNa and hands it over to Kamino. Which the guy from s1e1 had a patch of. 
  • I don't think it's been 50 years yet. The show is five years after ROTJ, which is about four years after ANH, which is about 20 years after ROTS. Closer to 30 years, I think. 
    Hatorian
  • I did my math wrong. It’s about 30-35 years since the fight. 50 years since anakin was born. Palpatine could have still got yoda’s DNA but it would have been much earlier in the story. 
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited September 17
    So... the boat thing (sorry to potentially rain on your parade, Aron)...

This sort of problem came up in Solo: in a universe where spaceships (that could easily & quickly fly around a planet) don’t seem to be particularly hard to come by... why are there still trains?

Did that gripe ever get a good response?

I imagine they’ll have *some* explanation why boats are necessary in the SW universe, but I can’t quite think of one.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I’m guessing Booze Cruise.
  • Could be a financial thing. Solo is an issue because I believe it's the Empire using the train and they shouldn't have any resource issues. Boats may simply be cheaper than some type of flying transport. Or maybe they'll come up with some plot reason boats are being used on this world. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • So... the boat thing (sorry to potentially rain on your parade, Aron)...

This sort of problem came up in Solo: in a universe where spaceships (that could easily & quickly fly around a planet) don’t seem to be particularly hard to come by... why are there still trains?

Did that gripe ever get a good response?

I imagine they’ll have *some* explanation why boats are necessary in the SW universe, but I can’t quite think of one.

Any ideas?

Cargo capacity orders of magnitude higher.  Much lower running costs...
    JoshuaHeter
  • I don’t see this as a plot problem. I mean the entire first act of 4 was luke and Ben needing to find a ship. Not like everyone has one. 

I’d also say we can easily “Star Trek” it and say certain worlds are far less advanced and a ship would cost them way more than they could afford. 

Also there is no context so maybe he’s trying to stay Low key. Maybe it’s a Styx river sort of allegory..
    JoshuaHeter
  • The person in the robe is WWE superstar Sasha Banks, who I believe is also Snoop Dogg’s niece or cousin or something. I don’t think there’s any chance she’s playing Sabine. I don’t think they bring in someone with no acting cred to play a character that is so important to the Filoni corner of the SW universe.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Also, maybe people use boats just because they're traditional and cool? And less scrutinized by the Empire/Baby Yoda hunters?
    JoshuaHeter
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    This podcast has an hour and a half of discussion and spoiler free guesses on the trailer breakdown.  

It's a pretty good podcast and I wanted to share this in case anyone has a list of honeydo's for the weekend.  

https://thecantinacastpodcast.libsyn.com/-341-the-mandalorian-season-2-trailer-breakdown

JoshuaHeter